Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ferret658

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:02 am
Has anyone else heard about them?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:55 am
Jews for Jesus?

What are Christophonies?

Hell someone else told me that I didn't know God in a guild today, mainly because I criticized a guild captain for being rude in the Jewish Gaians Guild and whining that he got banned from it, when he knew the rules.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:32 pm
The word was familiar. A quick Wikipedia search later and I'm familiar with the subject.

Also, Tsu, could you stick on topic, please? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:35 pm
Priestley
The word was familiar. A quick Wikipedia search later and I'm familiar with the subject.

Also, Tsu, could you stick on topic, please? sweatdrop
lol. Sorry. Just proves I have no clue what I was talking about and just randomly starting ranting. XD  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 am
Christophonies are appearances of Jesus in the OT. "The Angel of the LORD" as opposed to "an angel of the LORD"...Every sighting of The Angel of the LORD has resulted in the person seeing Him falling to their knees and worshipping Him. If this being was an ordinary angel, he would have said, "Get up, man! What's wrong with you?! I'm not God!", but the Agel of the LORD accepted the worship. That's the belief anyway, and it's pretty much airtight from what I have read.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:12 am
ferret658
Christophonies are appearances of Jesus in the OT. "The Angel of the LORD" as opposed to "an angel of the LORD"...Every sighting of The Angel of the LORD has resulted in the person seeing Him falling to their knees and worshipping Him. If this being was an ordinary angel, he would have said, "Get up, man! What's wrong with you?! I'm not God!", but the Agel of the LORD accepted the worship. That's the belief anyway, and it's pretty much airtight from what I have read.

Ahhhh... Theophanies... Now that is a term I am familiar with.

Its really not a shut and closed case with all theologists.

Some believe it was just a Theophany of God....

Others believe (and in this case they have to believe in the Trinity) that it was the appearance of the Pre-existant Christ, hence the term Christophany.

There is merit with both beliefs. However, I have found those who believe in the Trinity follow both camps in the debate, as well as some Binitarians...

There have been many, many good books written about the Theophanies of God.  

Atreadia Allaani

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:50 pm
It's interesting to find that Paul mentions a christophany in 1 Corinthians 10:1-4, that is, Moses and the Israelites in the desert. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 am
Yes... *scratches fake beard* I concur...  

ferret658

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff