Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:46 am
|°~ The Wolf is not meant for city life ~°|

|°~ But in the wilderness ~°|

So we bought Pedigree Lamb&Rice and another was beef and something for our mama since she needs the protein.

Well, we noticed she started throwing up almost everything she ate, we figured it was just morning sickness.

Almost just now, our little shiz tzu stud went in to finish what she left, and he started uncontrollably throwing up all over the place and pooping like it was really bad crud. He then became lethargic and gave the "somethings not right" look to me for a long time, then began shaking for a bit but didn't want to be held, I don't blame him.

Scared the crap out of my mom, its labor day weekend or something and the one vet in town we trust is out and their answering machine tells us to call their hell vet affiliates. Made me twitch, no way in hell we're going there unless it got worse.

He napped though and took a drink and seemed more perky.

I'm just sticking that out there, we just bought 61 cans of it and we're gonna go back to get our money back.

PEDIGREE WET FOOD BUYERS BEWARE!

We're now going for either hot dogs or possibly baloney {we need to see whats in it first} now, for the calories and protein.

|°~ It is your Guardian
your Blanket
your Hunter
your Loyal Companion for life
~°|

|°~ Treat it right and it will return the favor ~°|

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Might I recommend California Naturals if you can find it. It comes in dog and cat food. It's made from all natural ingredients, and it comes in flavors such as chicken and rice, lamb and rice, and beef and rice. It's what I started feeding my dogs after that dog food recall.  

Rei Uchikino

The Titanium Spork

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:35 pm
I feed my dogs IAMS, and that seems fine.
I feed them a mixture of dry and wet food, though, the vet said it tends to work better.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:10 pm
The Titanium Spork
I feed my dogs IAMS, and that seems fine.
I feed them a mixture of dry and wet food, though, the vet said it tends to work better.

Know what they do to dogs in the IAMs dog food factory? They fill them with food where they get so fat they can't even move, some even die, they can't even pee, they all get stuck on a table and get the urine sucked out of them.

It doesn't surprise me that they're starting to donate their dog food to shelters.

For that reason we don't buy it, and I try to get the word out as much as possible.

@Rei

Naw, we use Eukanuba Active Life, high protein and less fillers. I hate fillers.

We're doing balonga and hotdogs, its working well.

--------------------------------------------------

I sent a nasty complaint to pedigree saying at the end they better get their crap together, then sent an email to walmart stating we returned the dog food and such.

I hope they get a recall, cause that was just plain, not cool.

Angel's puppies are due soon =3

|°~ It is your Guardian
your Blanket
your Hunter
~°|

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:55 pm
If you want more protein, go with a higher quality food. The foods that use no grains and have more meats listed first in their ingredients (the order in which ingredients are listed implies how much of it there is. Therefore, if meats are listed first, there's more meats than the other products in the food and it's generally better for them..) Innova, Acana, Wellness, stuff like that. Nearly all of the brands at grocery stores and pet stores (dubbed "grocery store brands" are pretty much the equivalent of McDonald's and Burger King. They have grains and corn and lots of unnecessary fillers to make them more affordable.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:50 am

Yeah, I know, that's what I described. We can't even have grain like wheat because it causes ear infections. Eukanuba has been the only brand so far that hasn't caused itching and isn't well, ol' roy. Eukanuba has taken down the amount they eat per day as well as how much feces they produce, signs that its a good dog food. As you can see here its not perfect but its the best in town.

We were feeding things like baloney and hotdogs to the pregnant female who needs protein and calories. Dog food itself does not have enough of those things. We would still be feeding those but since it was giving her loose stools and she's too far along for that, we decided to just do chicken like we were before, I don't like that it has 4% calcium though, I don't want any calcium at all because that can not make a dog go into labor if they have enough of it.

Also I'd say crappy dog food is worse than fast food because it has zero nutritional value and I'm sure doesn't even taste good, like ol' roy.

|°~ It is your Guardian
your Blanket
your Hunter
~°|

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Well, at least the first ingredient is a meat. It could be a lot worse. My cats are on Friskies right now gonk

I would go with a non processed meat rather than hotdogs or baloney. I'd even go as far as suggesting giving her a rmb every once in a while as long as your source is disease free.

Actually, I think it does taste good, or at least they put something in it to make pets like it because often when presented with a choice, they'll go for the crappy food rather than the good one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah, mine are too, but its the only cat food they'll eat >:

Like I said we're feeding chicken now.

That is true, our dogs will eat anything with something else on it XD

|°~ It is your Guardian
your Blanket
your Hunter
~°|

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:25 pm
For me it's the only thing they won't puke up. I'm going to try switching to grainless soon though.

Chicken is good. How far along is she?

13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff