HELP! Anyone play the guitar?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azn Fcuk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:48 pm
ll Domo_Sensei ll
@Azn Fcuk: Thanks for the chart ^-^ Before that, I probably could only name the fret and tuners sweatdrop I also had no clue that those circle things were position markers o_O

Do you guys use picks or strum it with you just your fingers?

It helps when your chords require you to jump all over the place.

Different picks = different playing styles. If the pick is soft, or quite bendy, then the majority of your playing will be focused on chords and strum patterns. The harder/thicker it is the faster you can play, such as tremolo or speed picking.
That's the rule of thumb anyways, but experiment with different varietes and find one your most comfortable with. They're fifty cents a piece so go nuts.

Usually if you strum with your thumb/fingers it's for a specific sound, seeing as your fingers just ever-so-slightly mutes the sound of the strings.
There are flamenco tecniques that require some intricate dexterity, but your probably better off with something simple. (unless of course your aiming towards that genre, in which case you should find some visual aid)

Personally, I would recommend you stick with jazz picks. They're about 2/3 the size of a normal pick, and they suck to work with. It's really small and more often then never you'll scrape your palm against the strings rather then actually pluck/strum. Or miss the strings entirely.
However, after some practise, (and some broken equipment ^^;; ) your accuracy will seriously increase. Alot of times I've seen guitarists play arpeggios (it's when you play individual strings while holding a chord, rather then strum it) and hit the wrong notes. The same applies with regular plucking.

Oh, if you haven't noticed, I'm a guitar fanatic.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:36 pm
i have picks but i dont ever use them. I like using my fingers.

f o b b y - a s i a n

Azn Fcuk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:00 pm
Musiic-Love

What kind of songs do you play? Just curious about your style.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:31 am
Azn Fcuk
Musiic-Love

What kind of songs do you play? Just curious about your style.

I'm not too good, but i usally like plucking and stroking with my fingers. At times, i do use picks. Anyways, I'm really into on how 'Passion' plays. you can look him up on Youtube.

f o b b y - a s i a n

ll Domo_Sensei ll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:35 pm
Anyone heard of DEPAPEPE before?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm
I play the guitar... Though I'm not so good. Even after a year of it. >_>

*loses three percent of my self-confidence*

IAreSuperB

Fluffy Entrepreneur

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items