Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Twilima's in need of anatomy fixin's. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ASHLEYASDFGH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:43 pm
      I know i'm late by months and months.
      but i love to redline. gonk
      i hope mines might be helpful. @w@
      i also added some notes, things that i always keep in mind when drawing humans. this was a challenge for me too, though. such an interesting pose. *u*
      redline only
      redline+original

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:03 pm
Oh my lawdy!
You made her look healthy!

Thank you for the ear tip, I did not know this O:  

Twilima

Twilima

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:13 pm
Newest piece

Sketch form.
Please rip it to shreds (not my terrible shading/coloring, it's a sketch), just my anatomy if you please. I know there's some definite fixing that needs to be done around her navel, so that'd help too.

SORRY IT'S BEEN FOREVERRR  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm
Pretty. smile
Love the intricate beaded(?)Coral(?) detailing.
About the anatomy... overall, I'd say it's pretty good. Two minor details though....the Elemental's left wrist seems a wee bit thin, considering it's thickness at the elbow. Additionally, since it's closer to the screen than the other hand, it should be thicker. You might also need to enlarge her left hand as well, to be proportionally correct.

Not too sure about the second one, but considering how her torso is turned, maybe her right hip should be alittle smaller?  

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

Twilima

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:38 pm
I rather love her hips as they are, but I had a pose in mind that is certainly unnatural irl. But I see what you mean.

As for the hands, I certainly didn't se that before, but now as I'm editing it, I'll be sure to enlarge them. smile Thanks!

btw.. as for her detailing I thought it was many elements. None being coral, but that was interesting to hear you say that. o.O
Mostly bone, yes, beads, and braided material, maybe a bell or two. Mostly beads and braids.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:29 am
First, I just wanna say that unless you're going for total realism, the anatomy in your work actually looks okay. I mean, it looks like you did it on purpose. Kinda like how Johnny from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac doesn't look weird even though he's got a freakishly skinny tall body, because it actually brings something to his character. Your proportions remind me of K-ON...I kinda like 'em.

Anyway, on your first pic, something you prolly should change is the angle of the body in relation to the face. Her poor spine is a little twisty. If you really want her body twisted away from the angle of her face, you might consider twisting her feet even more than her torso, just so the movement is continued. As it is now, it looks like her head is flat on the pillow, and then someone grabbed the rest of her and twisted her...it looks a little stiff.

Hope this helps. ^^  

Captain Kolita

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas