The Nightclub

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanibal Rex

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 pm
The Nightclub, Ch1: Pt 1
One fine evening, I was sitting around, bored out of my skull, and trying to decide what to do for the evening. I was thinking about hitting a movie possibly, but a majority of the ones currently playing were sh*t, and I didn't feel like tossing in my hard earned cash on something I didn't support. I also thought about going out, and knocking back a few, but I really didn't need the headache, and there was the small, but not improbable chance I'd wake up in a strange bed. "Maybe I should buy a new video game, or something?" I said aloud. I ended up doing none of these things, and instead pulled up today's newspaper, and laid down on the couch. Only real articles of interest were the obituaries, and the recent news about how the efforts to "make the Earth Green" were failing miserably. "No surprises there" I thought.

After finishing with the paper, I started to do the daily Sudoku (yes, I was THAT bored), which got old in about 5 second, and switched to the crossword puzzles. As I was just about to finish, my phone started to ring, so groaning aloud, and dropping the pencil hovering in my hand onto the table, I flipped open my cell without further thought. "This is Grim speaking, hello?" "Hey hey hey! Its your old pal Johnny, Here to save ya from the horrors of bachelorhood!" "What? so your gay now, and want to date me? Is that what your saying?" "Aw hell naw! Just cuz YOU want me to swing that way..." He shoots back. "Friendly candor aside, what exactly have you decided to grace me with your sardonic voice for?" I ask. "Snarky M*ther F*cker as ever. sheesh, lighten up, yo. Or has your anti-angst meds run out?" "Meh, just sick of being stuck with a bullshit, dead end job, watching as all my money goes into paying back College loans, and watching as happiness takes it's sweet-a** time to grace me." "Sooooo, you need to get laid." says Johnny. "Pretty much." I reply, deciding not to comment. "Well friend, I just might be able to help you out with that!" He says, obvious excitement in his voice. "Oh?" I ask. "Yeah! theres this new nightclub opening tonight, and since its the grand opening and all, They're letting pretty much anybody in. Wanna check it out?" He asks. I think about this for the whole of two seconds, staring about my empty apartment. "Sh*t, got nothing better to do." I reply. "Aright then. I'll swing by in...oh, say 20 minutes?" "Sounds good" I say. "See ya then! Bye!" I hang up my phone, get up off the couch, waltz on over to the table opposite of me, grab my keys, wallet, pocket my cell phone, and grab my coat out of the closet near the door. "Who knows?" I thought. "Maybe things'll go good for once." Oh, if only I knew what lay ahead...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:19 pm
The Nightclub, Ch1: Pt 1
I waited a grand total of 20 minutes, twenty precious minutes I'd never get back waiting for Johnny. Ah well, I'm wasting my time anyways. whats an additional 20 minutes gunna amount to? Anyhoo, Johnny arrived with his usual flair, pulling up in his sporty red convertible, flashy threads, and some inane rap song blaring loud enough to rattle my teeth, and the nearby window panes. "Hey, turn that Sh*t down!" I yell at him. "What?! Your gunna have to speak up, man!". I quickly bolted over to the passenger side, got in, and jacked the volume to a more SANE level before the car rattled itself loose from the vibration. "You shouldn't turn that up so f*ckin' high. Your hearing's gunna be shot fore your 30." Aw h*ll" he replies. "My ears are fine, and I've been listening to this since I was 12, son!" "What you do's your prerogative, but I don't exactly feel like coming to the club deaf. I expect the club to do that for me." "Fair enough." Johnny says. He then preceeds to peel the f*ck out of the tires, leaving a long black streak where we once were, and threw me hard against the passenger seat. "Sh*t man, you trying to kill me?!" I yell out. "Hell naw, you just need to lighten up!" He shot back. "Or maybe I should hang out with less insane friends!" I fired away. "Sheeeeit, like you'd find anyone who can tolerate your grumpy As*!" "Whaaatever..." I say, sinking into the seat, and watching city life pass.

We finally got there roughly an hour later, having run many a red light, dodging the cops, and rushing down many an empty (I hope) alleyway, and pulled up to the curb, got out, and watched as the valet took the keys, and drove off. Right off the bat I could hear the sounds of loud music thumping and vibrating off the walls, and I wasn't even inside yet. True to Johnny's word, this place was going about it's grand opening, and one quickly signed guestbook later, we entered the club, vibrations and all.
Right away I sauntered up to the bar for a drink, and asked the bar tender for a shot of Burbon to make the loud noise tolerable. I spotted Johnny waltzing right up to a table surrounded by women, and at once, began to engage them in conversation. Yep, same ol Johnny. Always thinking with his pants over his brain...
Polished off my third shot when Johnny remembered I was here, and sauntering up to me, two girls in his arms, sat down, and shot off "Ladies, this here's my friend, Grimm. Grimm, this is Heather and Amy". "Ladies." I reply, nodding over at both of them. "My friend here's in the market for a lady-friend. Any applicants?" Johnny asked. Instantly I started to blush. "Hey hey Johnny! Not so forward!" I exclaim. The two ladies merely giggled, both blushing, and redder faced than me. Johnny, sensing the discomfort, got up and asked Amy if she would like to dance. Both of them walked off, leaving me and the new girl Heather alone together. "Erm, would you like to dance too?" she asked me. The alcohol I consumed earlier began to kick in by this point, and feeling the liquid courage at work, I stood up replying "sure", and making my way with her to the dancefloor.  

Hanibal Rex

The tent(main stories)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff