Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Meet the Mods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:19 pm
Who is Puffer Fish
(Previously: Phantom of the Forum)

Last Updated: July 12, 2009

Guild History: Uh...I think I joined when I came back from my Gaia Hiatus in '06.
Now a vice captain.

Background: I was born in Reston, Virginia, and I grew up and still live in Sterling.
I'm 16, a percussionist for the Dominion High School Marching Titans...
I am section leader for our pit in marching band, and I don't know which Ensemble I'm going to be in.
My best instruments are vibraphone, xylophone, and bells. I tend to be the one who always plays them in class since the guys aren't as good and they think I'm not very good at anything else.

I attended the James Madison University Summer Band Camp program this year, 2009. They taught me so much in those four days. I'm now practicing again, and feel like a better person.

A little about my band: This past (marching) season, 2008-2009, we were 94 strong(smaller than usual due to quitters), and under the direction of Mr. Hartmetz. Hartmetz (or 'H', as we call him sometimes) is a trombonist, forgetful, and spazzy. Oh, and he's tall. Intimidates people. Except me since he acts a lot like my dad...o_o
He's easily the best band director this school will ever see. And he's the first it ever has, so...let's hope the next ones hold up this standard, when he retires (if he ever retires, he's not that old yet. XD)

Random about me: I'm a geek by nature. My friends and I occasionally play Dungeons and Dragons. It's actually not that bad.
My favourite songs are from Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd, the Beatles, Faust and Carmina Burana. Not to mention classical, and Repo the Genetic Opera. I'll bear through modern pop and stuff, but...it's not what I typically listen to. My favourite band is Oingo Boingo.

I'm generally easygoing and (at least in my opinion) easy to talk to. I don't typically criticize for things, unless I'm in a bad mood.

Picture:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(I believe this was in our opener at the first show we did, freshman year... Everybody's Everything by Santana.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:08 pm
I suppose I should post here, too.

Last updated: January 16, '08

Guild History: I joined this guild shortly after joining Gaia. I really love reading about everyone's odd band stories.

About Me: I'm a senior in high school at the moment. I've played piano all my life and my main instrument in band is the French horn (I also play flute, trumpet, and of course mellophone). Two years ago, I tried out for and made drum major. Being drum major has been...interesting. My first year was difficult, thanks to my co-drum major. This year has been infinintely better. Next year, I plan on majoring in music education or music performance on my horn. Music is really, really important to me. It's my life.

Pictures: The first one here is from last year. Our show was (if you couldn't guess) Pirates of the Caribbean. Since we didn't have a guy drum major, I dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow. The other two are from this year.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Random stuff: This year was the first year my high school band has ever made it to the state competition. Actually, the two pictures above were from state. Outside of band, I love to read and I enjoy (if that's the right word) math and physics.  

WickedSong

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm
    I feel special to post here now. =D xd Sooo, yeah, I'm Terra.

Last updated: RIGHT NOW!!!! As in July 23rd.

Guild history: I joined when the guild was in the spotlight thing, whatever they call that now. My sister showed it to me, and I was like, "Hey, that's perfect for me!"

About me: I live in the oh-so-wonderful state of Maryland. I'm going to be a sophomore in high school, and I play alto sax and oboe. Sax since fourth grade, oboe for maybe around nine months? I've been told that my sound on oboe is really good, though. A professional player told me that I have a good ear. :]

My high school's band is small compared to a lot of other bands, maybe around 85 people, including the color guard. I like our size, though, the field is filled pretty well, and I think we have a good sound. :] Last marching season was the first time we got in the top ten at BOA regionals, first time for our county, not sure about state. We got sixth at ACC's (would've been in the top five if the judges didn't dock us points for having people on the field to help us hold up our props), and that was our last year at ToB. We're focusing more on USSBA this year, which I like.

Other stuff about me: I loooove video games! Especially the Tales series- Tales of Symphonia is by far the best game I've ever played. I'm also into anime stuff, this year was my first time at Otakon. I could only go for one day (D= ), but it was neat. :] I have an unhealthy obsession with musicals, I loooove them. xd Soo, yeah, that's about it.

Pictures (yaay!):

(I'm all the way on the right. =D)

The blonde one is meee. That was when I sounded like a duck that was sick instead of dying. =D

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff