Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
For females: Seme with a girl, but uke with a guy?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NOM
  <3
  :3
View Results

CoyoteXendo

6,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 am
In all the "are you uke or seme" threads I've seen quite a few female posters claim that they would be uke in a relationship with a guy, and seme in a relationship with a girl. My question is: Why? Not knowing what all cultures you're from, but knowing that this attitude is pretty prevalent around the world, is this a matter of societal expectations seeping into your relational role preferences? The whole: females should submit to males or at the least be submitted to somebody. Which still doesn't make sense to me because if you subconsciously think females should be submitted why wouldn't you be the one submitting in a girlxgirl relationship. So yeah, obviously I'm confused and would like some clarity as to why it seems like so many girls say they would play uke to a guy but seme to a girl.

(Just to be fair and tell my preference so you know where I'm coming from: I'm a total switch/seke in that I'll be uke to a seme or seme to an uke no matter what my partner's sex/gender. It just totally depends on how they conduct themselves either as a dominant or submissive partner. Basically I'd feel silly trying to dom someone who was way more seme than me, but at the same time I wouldn't submit unless they were a true dom that I respected. If my partner was simply more submissive than me than I'd readily step it up and into the role of the seme.)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:03 pm
id probably a uke in girlxgirl relationship. people just find me adorable^^

69_Go-Go_69

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas