Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
Banksy, Anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SADERR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 am
As a graffiti artist I've seen my fair share of illegal art.
Mind you, I've never seen an aerosol artist who the gothic community might appreciate as much as Banksy.

Banksy is quite the mysterious artist. Nobody knows anything about him, though there are rumours always floating within the hiphop culture.
Most pictures that are posted anywhere but on his official site is labeled a "possible banksy piece", as he signs his pieces few and far between.

He is known to be controversial. He openly protests against war, as well as having very strong opinions about the media.
Because his site isn't as organized as it usually is at the moment, I'll also include a link to the google image results:
Official Site
http://www.banksy.co.uk/
yes, you have to scroll to the side to see what he has posted
Google Results
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=Banksy&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
If you ask me, this is a much better resource then his actual site, for the time being

So, tell me what you think. I just figured the goth culture would appreciate his views and his controversy. His art itsel isn't that amazing, it's the witty, genious, and outspoken meanings behind these pictures on walls.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:03 pm
Banksy is a pretty cool guy, he sells art to movies and pretends to be edgy and stuff.  

Xahmen

PetreyDish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 pm
Glenn Hughes
Banksy is a pretty cool guy, he sells art to movies and pretends to be edgy and stuff.

Still some interesting and funny stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:02 pm
PetreyDish
Glenn Hughes

Still some interesting and funny stuff.

I know heart heart heart  

Xahmen

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:20 am
I live in Bristol, so I see a lot of Banksy. Obviously, I went to his recent exhibition at the Bristol museum. I like his stuff, I like his sense of irony, but after a while, it all becomes a bit same-y. He makes the same points over and over (which in itself is not a problem - some of these points NEED to be made repeatedly, until people listen) but he does it in pretty much the same way each time. Which means that only the same group of people who got his point last time are going to get it this time. Yes, he has a set style, but style doesn't have to kill or restrict creativity, which is what I feel like his is doing at the moment. I'd like to see him do something a bit more innovative soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:39 am
Slayer Igraine
I live in Bristol, so I see a lot of Banksy. Obviously, I went to his recent exhibition at the Bristol museum. I like his stuff, I like his sense of irony, but after a while, it all becomes a bit same-y. He makes the same points over and over (which in itself is not a problem - some of these points NEED to be made repeatedly, until people listen) but he does it in pretty much the same way each time. Which means that only the same group of people who got his point last time are going to get it this time. Yes, he has a set style, but style doesn't have to kill or restrict creativity, which is what I feel like his is doing at the moment. I'd like to see him do something a bit more innovative soon.

Yeah, for sure. I mean, it doesn't seem to bother me, because I'm not in Bristol, but he does repeat the same things. I'd like to see other things as well for sure.  

SADERR

Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff