Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Critique me?Dx

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tagoka

Tipsy Stalker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Here's the image i wish to have critiqued
I'm just curious about her anatomy...and i need some help with drawing hands
Sorry in advance if it's huge
[X]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Pah so many people online so little information

Tagoka

Tipsy Stalker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:41 am

I'm not going to write a lot...
But first off the hands are a bit small.
I also think the forehead but just need to be a bit bigger... As in longer.
Posemaniacs.com is a great website for drawing seperate parts of the body, eg. hands, and the angle and everything you could decide on your own, so I find it really helpful. (:
I think the shape of her neck might be... a bit awkward.
Maybe try making the difference of width between the very top and the bottom of the neck less?
I love the flow of her hair though.
And I believe you're going to make it look like she's holding some ball of elemental stuff or whatever? P:
And her face looks mystifying. I like it. ;D

=wasn't that much of a help= xDDD
I would draw over it if I had time. :]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 pm

its a good sketch but not much to critique. However the hands are off they are too small and a bit awkwardly placed. Try to looking at your own hands to see how they would bend. Or google some images or make a friend hold their hands in that position to see how they would be.

Bubblegum_Paint

Tagoka

Tipsy Stalker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 am

Bah i'm confused now
people told me that the hands are too long AND too short
same thing with the arms,god i hate drawing hands ~sniff~

Darkest Revolution:thanks for pointing out those details,especially the neck,seems that i've been doing it a bit in a wrong way til now xP
and fyi o 3o that's supposed to be our oh so popular memphis with a string of shiny pebbles in a shape of a heart C:
Bubblegum_Paint:bah posemaniacs barely load for me.or if they load they lag on the first hand that they show ._.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:50 pm

If previous advice on her hands has confused you, then keep this in mind: A hand should be able to cover half of the face, length- and width-wise. Gimme a few and I'll see if I can't whip up a quick redline for ya, oki-doke? :3

Edit: Here's the redline I promised. I'm no expert with humanoids, but I love drawing hands. xD I'm weird...
Anyway, I hope this helps illustrate my point. Hands are generally about the same length, wrist-to-tip-of-middle-finger, as the face, from chin-to-hairline or roundabouts.
User Image

Eizoryu

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Ah Yess.
The arm is a bit long.
Just try making it a bit shorter.
Plus, personally i think the back of the hand should show more.
I also think the area around her belly before the tail starts should be a bit wider, since it's pretty close to the hips and women have wider hips in general. The skinniest part of her body should be hidden by the arms already, so if you made the area underneath it really skinny it seems that she either has no shape or that her waist is a bit too tiny.

I promise I won't critique anymore. x"D
-don't know why i decided to critique in 2 differnet posts... Lmfao- (:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Eizoryu:Thanks a lot,i never got what the heck was up with the hands,i hate drawing them,and i can't draw them properly even if it cost me my life D<
Darkest Revolution:upper arm or forearm?ಠ_ಠ and thanks for the tip on the hips ^^ reading it was kinda embarrasing me being a girl and not knowing my own anatomy sweatdrop

Tagoka

Tipsy Stalker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:01 pm

i agree with alot of the people that have posted the hands are to small
and it doesnt have very much detail and the head is a not very proportional (its alot bigger on the top than bottom which is supposed to happen but in this its a bit over sized)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am

I think she looks good in a disney style proportions way, though her hands seems a bit awkward. Don't be afraid to try other poses, test them out in the mirror and see what is comfortable and where your hands end up resting.

Her chin is very thin and pointed to the end. I'd suggest giving her more cheek/face at the bottom.

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items