Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
A Seeker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alud Land Syne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:40 pm
Once not too long ago I was so fluffy I thought I was a member of Wicca. Now, knowing what I have learned I laugh at myself. I was a fluffy bunny who read a book, I was fifteen at the time. Three years and one informational fluffy rehab guild, several books, and internet articles later, I realized my error. I am a seeker, please correct me, but this is the correct term to use when one is looking for a practice? Forgive me, I still have quite a bit of fluff in me. stressed

I do use magic on occasion (I feel too inexperienced to use it often), sort of a conglomeration of many practices since I have yet to decided. I don't really cast circles when I do use magic, but I do use correspondences. I am working on my grimoire, any suggestions there (i.e. what to put in it, organization)? I am drawn to Ancient Greek culture so I have looked into a Hellenic Paganism. Also, I am drawn to the Egyptian and Asian, for what it is worth.

I believe magic to be a tool, as a screw drive, I guess. Intention is everything, you can either build things or you can take them down, but by it's self it is harmless.

I love to write and draw, especially symbols. I read all the time and am heading towards the nurse field, because I am completely fascinated by the body.

I do some numerology, tarot readings, and palm readings. Please note that these are on basic levels.

That is where I am today. If you can help me clarify, suggest, critique, etc. anything I have up there, please do so! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 pm
Alud Land Syne
I am a seeker, please correct me, but this is the correct term to use when one is looking for a practice?
It's a good name, and there isn't anything to forgive.
Quote:
but I do use correspondences.
What correspondences?

Quote:
I am working on my grimoire, any suggestions there (i.e. what to put in it, organization)?
Largely depends on your practice.

Look at Nuri for an example. In her seeking, it took two years from her to go from Fluffy Neo-Paganism to seeking out Lineaged Wica for about a year. After that, she became a sane Eclectic for two years, then took to being a Hellenic Polytheist, and only about six years later did she actually adopt a specific Festival Calender- and she's still developing that!

My free advice (remember, you get what you pay for) is that you don't have to construct this stuff over night. There's an urge to rush things- to have it "done with" so that you have a solid foundation beneath your feet.

Quote:

Also, I am drawn to the Egyptian and Orient, for what it is worth.
The term Orient is a slur. You may wish to reconsider using it and perhaps switch to Asian.

Quote:

I believe magic to be a tool, as a screw drive, I guess. Intention is everything, you can either build things or you can take them down, but by it's self it is harmless.
This kinda is a contradiction. Intention does seem to matter as much as application. If your intention as a Heart Surgeon is to perform a life saving surgery, but you ******** up, your good intentions don't mean your patient won't bleed out and die.

I guess I just want to point out that what you intend and what happens isn't always the same thing, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Quote:

I love to write and draw, especially symbols.
Up for posting some of them?

What applications do they have?
Quote:

I do some numerology, tarot readings, and palm readings.
What systems?  

TeaDidikai

Alud Land Syne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 pm
TeaDidikai
What correspondences?

Actually, they are mostly Wiccan because that is what books I started with. Although, I have put some Hellenic gods in it.

Quote:
Largely depends on your practice.

Look at Nuri for an example. In her seeking, it took two years from her to go from Fluffy Neo-Paganism to seeking out Lineaged Wica for about a year. After that, she became a sane Eclectic for two years, then took to being a Hellenic Polytheist, and only about six years later did she actually adopt a specific Festival Calender- and she's still developing that!

My free advice (remember, you get what you pay for) is that you don't have to construct this stuff over night. There's an urge to rush things- to have it "done with" so that you have a solid foundation beneath your feet.

Wow, she has walked many paths. Your right no need to rush things. I want to make the best choice possible, so I need to work for it.

Quote:
The term Orient is a slur. You may wish to reconsider using it and perhaps switch to Asian.

Oh, I wasn't aware. Sorry.

Quote:
This kinda is a contradiction. Intention does seem to matter as much as application. If your intention as a Heart Surgeon is to perform a life saving surgery, but you ******** up, your good intentions don't mean your patient won't bleed out and die.

I guess I just want to point out that what you intend and what happens isn't always the same thing, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your right, I actually just heard that quote.
Application is a better word. An application of a skill, maybe?
The whole concept of magic is still slightly confusing to me.
Quote:
Up for posting some of them?

What applications do they have?

Sure, when I get a working scanner.
Some have no application besides keeping me busy and unable to think about my bad day, stress, etc. I usually draw a symbol before I do a spell helps me focus. So, I guess just for mind occupying.
Quote:
What systems?

What do you mean by systems? For tarot cards it's either the star spread or the three card spread. Numerology I can do the breaking names down and birthday thing. And I haven't done palm reading in two years, I've forgotten most of it. It was out of a small book my friend had so I seriously doubt it's authenticity.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 pm
Alud Land Syne

Actually, they are mostly Wiccan because that is what books I started with.
Likely not of the Wica. What were your sources? Which books and the like?
Quote:

Although, I have put some Hellenic gods in it.
Oh? How so?

Quote:

Wow, she has walked many paths.
Most pagans around here have.
Quote:

Your right no need to rush things. I want to make the best choice possible, so I need to work for it.
Good attitude to have.

Quote:

Oh, I wasn't aware. Sorry.
No worries. I don't know every slur in the book either.

Quote:

Your right, I actually just heard that quote.
Application is a better word. An application of a skill, maybe?
The whole concept of magic is still slightly confusing to me.

Magic could be a skill, but there's also application of knowledge and thoughtfulness.

Let me pose this question for you:
A form of magic enacted to bring your true love to you has a number of possible expressions.
You could be breaking up a happy family.
You could be drawing someone into a situation where they could be emotionally dependent on you.
You could find your true love who happens to be available and happy to have you in their life- no regrets.

What prevents a spell or whatnot from giving you what you intended (your true love) but not what you want (who is unhappy to be with you for whatever reason)?

Quote:

Sure, when I get a working scanner.
Could use Paint.
Quote:

Some have no application besides keeping me busy and unable to think about my bad day, stress, etc. I usually draw a symbol before I do a spell helps me focus. So, I guess just for mind occupying.
Interesting. Are there common patterns?
Or is it random?

Quote:

What do you mean by systems? For tarot cards it's either the star spread or the three card spread. Numerology I can do the breaking names down and birthday thing. And I haven't done palm reading in two years, I've forgotten most of it. It was out of a small book my friend had so I seriously doubt it's authenticity.
Usually a system is identified by it's source.

I know of about eight "Star Spreads", some of them are variations within a specific system, some of them are from different systems. Also, what deck do you use?

What numerological table do you use? I practice a form of numerology that to my knowledge is unique to my family.

What book did the palmistry information come from?  

TeaDidikai

Alud Land Syne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 pm
Sorry, I've been in the process of moving.

TeaDidikai
Likely not of the Wica. What were your sources? Which books and the like?

The Wicca Handbook by Eileen Holland, which after reading a lot of information on here and comparing it; I think it to be much more neopagan. It was the first book I read. There was an online spellbook, which I can remember the name, let me see if I can find it again when I have a little more time. That is it mostly, I know those aren't the best grounds for a beginning, that is why I'm here. I have to lose this fluff one way or another.
Quote:
Oh? How so?

I have a gods/goddesses section in my book so I began copying them down from a winterscapes.com (My computer had to be wipped so I have no more bookmarks). Additions to my book haven't been often currently. I've decided to hold off.

Quote:
Good attitude to have.

Thanks.
Quote:

Magic could be a skill, but there's also application of knowledge and thoughtfulness.

Let me pose this question for you:
A form of magic enacted to bring your true love to you has a number of possible expressions.
You could be breaking up a happy family.
You could be drawing someone into a situation where they could be emotionally dependent on you.
You could find your true love who happens to be available and happy to have you in their life- no regrets.

What prevents a spell or whatnot from giving you what you intended (your true love) but not what you want (who is unhappy to be with you for whatever reason)?

I would say careful planing, knowledge, and one needs to think about how his/her actions could affect others. I need to think before I cast anything, not just be free about it.
Quote:
Could use Paint.

I didn't think of that. I'm not good at drawing and even worse in paint.
You'll have to bear with me. XD

Quote:
Interesting. Are there common patterns?
Or is it random?

It is just random. Sometimes it is really huge sometimes really small. Almost alway absract though, so maybe a slight pattern.
Quote:
Usually a system is identified by it's source.

So like if it was 'fate' doing it or some other entity?

Quote:
I know of about eight "Star Spreads", some of them are variations within a specific system, some of them are from different systems. Also, what deck do you use?

Oh, I didn't know there were so many. I believe it is called Organic Tarot, wherein you work with the card image and energies? I use a Swiss deck. What system and deck do you use?

Quote:
What numerological table do you use? I practice a form of numerology that to my knowledge is unique to my family.

The Pythagorean table, oddly enough I exceled in that chapter of math.
Really? That's awesome. My family isn't that big on it's own history, it kinda sucks.

Quote:
What book did the palmistry information come from?

Palm Reading: A Little Guide To Life's Secrets, by Dennis Fairchild. I had to look through amazon to find the exact title of it. I couldn't remember anything but: palm reading. I found it though! =D  
PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games