5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:25 pm
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
Lazarus The Resurected
Take me as an example. I'm a practicing Satanist who once swore his loyalty to God and had a cross tattooed on him to mark the occasion. To be fair i was never a good Christian but I did say the words. Can a Satanist with no intention of ever coming back (mostly because I've actualy been living and thinking Satanicaly my whole life)

Keep sticking around. We might get you yet. wink

@freelance: I know I've said this before but... marry me. xd

Haven't you asked fushigi the same thing? xD
How come I never get a proposal? Not fair Ryuu. I'm hurt ....j/k

But to be on topic, it doesn't matter what path we take I think we're still saved in a sense. Or that's what I think..  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
We are saved because Jesus was sacrificed on a cross. If you accept that- truly accept that, then chances are you aren't going to go back. It does happen occassionally, but if you've been changed into a new creature, how can you revert back? Even if you stumble and have a period of falling away from God, I don't believe you have lost your salvation. Your name is written in the Book of Life and cannot be erased- God's mind does not change and He does not go back on His promises. Chances are, God will do everything in His ability to drag you back, because He has already done so much to win you in the first place.
a person can truly, positively accept Jesus, and yet fail.

If you don't pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and begin following Jesus again, you will be stuck in the dirt and lost when the Trumpet sounds.  

Atreadia Allaani

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 pm
Then that implies that God changes His mind. When you are saved, your name gets written into the Book of Life- the same one God reads from at Judgement. If you're name isn't in it, you're out of luck; you get your name in the Book by accepting Jesus' salvation, and it is a permanent thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:41 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Then that implies that God changes His mind. When you are saved, your name gets written into the Book of Life- the same one God reads from at Judgement. If you're name isn't in it, you're out of luck; you get your name in the Book by accepting Jesus' salvation, and it is a permanent thing.
Who changed their mind? Not God. Salvation does have requirements. The price has already been paid, but to receive the benefits, you have to tow the line.

There are four things we can be sure of...
God will not live where there is sin.
We are the Temple of the Holy Spirit (God).
If our lives are polluted by sin, then the Temple is polluted also and God will not abide there.
If God is not abiding in us, we will not make it to Heaven's pearly gate.  

Atreadia Allaani

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm
Atreadia Allaani
Fushigi na Butterfly
Who changed their mind? Not God. Salvation does have requirements. The price has already been paid, but to receive the benefits, you have to tow the line.

If our lives are polluted by sin, then the Temple is polluted also and God will not abide there.

1 John 4:7-20.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:06 pm
Atreadia Allaani
Fushigi na Butterfly

Then that must mean that Americans are damned to hell because we live in a place where there is a lot of sin. I mean, hell, Dallas is apart of the Bible belt however there are just as many strip clubs as there are churches. neutral  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ferret658

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Atreadia Allaani
Fushigi na Butterfly

Then that must mean that Americans are damned to hell because we live in a place where there is a lot of sin. I mean, hell, Dallas is apart of the Bible belt however there are just as many strip clubs as there are churches. neutral

Lol I love you. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:27 am
Priestley
Atreadia Allaani
Fushigi na Butterfly

Priestly, this does not answer anything here....  

Atreadia Allaani

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 am
Atreadia Allaani
Priestley
Atreadia Allaani
Fushigi na Butterfly

Priestly, this does not answer anything here....

Of course it does. There is no reason to fear punishment from God if a person loves another perfectly. Perfect love drives out fear of punishment.

I'm surprised you didn't understand from reading it. It's pretty clear.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:27 pm
Semiremis
Salvation isn't assured.

Matthew 24:10-13 10 And then many will fall away [1] and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

2 Peter 2:21-22 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

Romans 11:22-23 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again

Seconded what you said Semiremis.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:20 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
Lazarus The Resurected
Take me as an example. I'm a practicing Satanist who once swore his loyalty to God and had a cross tattooed on him to mark the occasion. To be fair i was never a good Christian but I did say the words. Can a Satanist with no intention of ever coming back (mostly because I've actualy been living and thinking Satanicaly my whole life)

Keep sticking around. We might get you yet. wink

@freelance: I know I've said this before but... marry me. xd

Haven't you asked fushigi the same thing? xD
How come I never get a proposal? Not fair Ryuu. I'm hurt ....j/k

But to be on topic, it doesn't matter what path we take I think we're still saved in a sense. Or that's what I think..

xLady Tsukiyox, will you do me the honour of being my wife?  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff