Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Advice from a Caterpillar
the theme for my sweet 16! SUGGESTIONS NEEDED PLEASE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sammiie in Wonderland

750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:24 pm
so yeah
my friend and i are have our sweet 16 party's together this year on halloween.

that party in general will be a halloween party OFCOURSE
but my friend and i and 6 other girls will be alice in wonderland themed

i will be "Malice in wonderland" (alice's evil twin? lol idk thats whats stated in description razz )
my friend will be alice

our V.I.P girls will be
the mad hatter
tweedle dee
tweedle dumb
the white rabbit
the chesire cat
a card guard

i must say im totally excited.

DISCUSS:
suggestions for my friends. some are inventing their own costumes (instead of buying in store or online) so if youve got an idea. please share!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 am
Hi there! First of all, happy early birthday! XD

I love this idea... it's something I've always wanted to do myself. If you're planning it on a massive scale I would advise going huge with it. I've got quite a few ideas for you, and if you need anyone to bounce ideas off of lay 'em on me!

A tea party is a must, I'd say. You could go for darker teas or red tinted teas and dark colored china; I know you can find it on the internet but occasionally in stores too. I'd check novelty shops or antique stores; you can find some very interesting things for great prices in the latter. It'd also be a great place to look for Victorian-esque things if you want that sort of atmophere.

As for costumes, i think you should look on places like DeviantART and photobucket and find some 'dark' AiW pics. Artist tend to go all out in designing clothing for these sorts of themes; you can get lots of ideas how to darken up the basic costume from these.

A Jabberwock hunt might be a lot of fun too! You could set it up kinda like a haunted house type thing and have one person be the Jabberwock running around and scaring people. This could actually be a really fun party game too if you plan it out enough.

I'm sure there's tons more you can do if you get creative. It sounds like a really fun party idea! Perfect for the Halloween season!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

chani_saint

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:00 pm
instead of a cake...make cupcakes that look like teacups  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:08 pm
Holy chips... I love that idea. :O  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Xx Her Name Is Alice xX

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:58 pm
mad hatter tea party  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 pm
Firstly, Happy Early Birthday...
Secondly, I was wondering if you know where I can get like a Mad Hatter hat of my own because I am choosing to be the Mad Hatter for Halloween...any suggestions?  

The Iliaddict

Hygenic Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm
@ Sammiie: Happy almost birthday! (or, I suppose, happy unbirthday, lol)! I've got a few ideas but I'll list them at the end of this post.

@ Damsel (perhaps not in Distress?) : I absolutely love your Jabberwock hunt idea! That would be so much fun... and Saint's cupcake idea is really awesome too (:

@ Goldilocks: Here's a site with a few variations... they look a little cheesy but they've got a decent selection. ^-^ buycostumes.com]
And here's one that is a little pricier (British pounds) but kinda cool, and if you scroll down there are some other neat hats. Hats and Caps (UK)
You could also get a regular top hat and modify it with your own 10/6 card and individualized decorations and whatnot. I threw together pretty much all my costumes (I've got two Alice costumes, regular and darke, and some others) out of cheap stuff from thrift stores, but they look pretty neat for effectively being patch jobs. =p

Back @ Sammiie: Okay, so ideas. And stuff. Um, well, if you wanted to have a cake, you could make it in the shape of the Hatter's top hat... like a tall sort of cake on top of a wider, much flatter type, and make the brim and card out of icing or some such.

Or if you wanted to be really creepy about it you could make a vanilla cake with chocolate icing, but before you ice it cut it in half and put red food dye inside, and then patch it up with icing so when you cut it, it looks like it's bleeding (:<

Also, if the excitement dies down at all and people want to be cozy, there are always card games to be had... maybe give out decks as party favors? And "Drink Me" tags on the handles of the teacups would be a nice touch ^-^

Anyway, like what I said for Goldilocks, I'd suggest you all make (or at least put together) your own costumes-- shopping for random pieces to fit together is really fun if you've got your friends and your main purpose with you, and store/online-bought costumes are a little too overused in my opinion....

If you have any questions about specific characters' costumes, I'll happily spam up your thread with all my crazy ideas! *heehee*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:19 pm
Totally not in distress! XD *kicks butt*

Oh, I forgot to ask... I'm trying to compile a basic guide to an AiW party here in the guild. Is it ok with all of you if I make note of these options in my thread? I'll reference back to you! *bowbow*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

chani_saint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 pm
any final plans yet?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:48 am
OMG I SOOOO WANT TO GET THE ALICE IN WONDERLAND STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV THE DRESS AND THE AWESOME THINGS!!!!!! TODAYS MY BEST FRIENDS BIRTHDAY CAN YOU SEND HER SOMETHING THAT AWESOME??? HER NAME IS xXx_Gwee_xXx  

Ze_Cheshire_Kitteh_

3,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 pm
Way cool biggrin

I've never had enough money to do something like that. I had Scooby Doo stuff for one birthday though XD  
Advice from a Caterpillar

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games