Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Something I don't understand about symbols Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
A a side note, Mjollnir is actually (upg) one of the safer symbols for AsatruaR, Norse pagans, etc... because Thor was tasked with protecting humanity as part of his mandate, and so he's disinclined to hurt you even if you don't believe in him. I have found him astonishingly forgiving.

Interesting. The flip side of that from my experience is that if you still pledge yourself by marking, you're still inviting yourself to be acted upon if he needs to protect humanity from you. wink [/uote]
*grins* Yes, that would be his tendency, I think.

TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
The valknut on the other hand.... one Odinsson I know referred to his valknut tattoo as "insert spear here".
I like.

Do you wear the one I gave you?

All the time. I wore it when I officiated at my Mom and Step-Dad's wedding, even. And Odin sits by my door and gets regular attention.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:31 pm
Deoridhe

I figure, since he can be a bit of a hot head, that his wrath directed at someone who infringed upon his honor in name might be nasty.

Quote:

All the time. I wore it when I officiated at my Mom and Step-Dad's wedding, even. And Odin sits by my door and gets regular attention.
Awwww... heart  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
I figure, since he can be a bit of a hot head, that his wrath directed at someone who infringed upon his honor in name might be nasty.

In all of my experiences with him he's been incredibly sweet and gentle, but he is known to use his hammer without regret. I'm just as glad it's not been aimed in my direction, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 am
Deoridhe
In all of my experiences with him he's been incredibly sweet and gentle, but he is known to use his hammer without regret. I'm just as glad it's not been aimed in my direction, though.

I've not been comfortable around him. I exchanged a bottle for a favor once, but that was about it.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces