When you role play. . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:08 am
No i don't use an archetype for my characters, I find that incredibly boring, unimaginitive and find the character gets stale, because where is the fun in playing a gary stu or mary sue?

On a whole I tend to prefer occult based games with a twist and preferably minimal use of player abilities.

I am Rellik, I am Bjorn Fjordson, I am Markus VonHelbrecht, I am Durek Grimax, I am Vincent Garrete, The pre-cog trying to cast his influence over the world, the insane vampire, the pilot with a dark secret, the family man who yearns for adventure, the asassin who wishes to prove he is not a killer.

Games are no fun if you have a set character archetype, let your imagination flow and let the creativity run wild, this is who you are to a world.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 am
Well I can understand that, always changing it up, everything always new but...eh. I like to have a basic set up, to build off of it for each role play. I'm one person, and it's a bit difficult sometimes to have a million faces. If you're in more then one role play, you have to get in and out of characters, and sometimes all at once! So changing it up is good, but having a fallback type deal at least is...well...nice.  

Gypsie Punk II

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:40 am
Gypsie Punk II
Well I can understand that, always changing it up, everything always new but...eh. I like to have a basic set up, to build off of it for each role play. I'm one person, and it's a bit difficult sometimes to have a million faces. If you're in more then one role play, you have to get in and out of characters, and sometimes all at once! So changing it up is good, but having a fallback type deal at least is...well...nice.

Changing character isn't that hard, its the same principle as playing an MMO, you have to be in the mindset for you class and I hot swapped classes like no ones business in the end, its simple to do and will only help improve your play style by having you try new and interesting things.

Because can you honestly say there haven't been times when you're bored by the character you're playing?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:20 pm
S'why I don't roleplay often. I'm me, and I'm the kind of person who's a million different personalities at any given time, anyway.

I play my roles IRL.  

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers