Reply Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}
Everything on TV is True...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:33 pm
If everything on TV is true, then the people on the History channel are right when they say that Ezekiel was actually seeing landing gear when he talked about seeing a wheell within a wheel....That Jesus is just an alien like all the other ancient gods and goddesses because they all descend from the skies and leave with a promise to return in the far-away future....

If everything on TV is true, then masturbating is healthy and premarital sex is okay and abortions tickle....then being fat is a disease and depression can't be cured by prayer and an attempt to get close to God. If everything on TV is true, then God doesn't exist and Christianity is a cult...Then we have all been brainwashed by irrationality and have been victimized by the church leaders....Then we are wasting valuable living time.....Wasting our money.....hallucinating when we think God is speaking to us.

If everything on TV is true, then aliens exist and the world will end in 2012....The Mayans were right and by them being right, their gods were the real gods....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 pm
Quote:
If everything on TV is true, then the people on the History channel are right when they say that Ezekiel was actually seeing landing gear when he talked about seeing a wheell within a wheel....

Because the show was actual fact, and not another speculative special. Only a fraction of viewers believe that. Most just find it entertaining.

Quote:
That Jesus is just an alien like all the other ancient gods and goddesses because they all descend from the skies and leave with a promise to return in the far-away future....

You should check out the movie "God Told Me To". Features and Alien who looks like Jesus trying to mate with a man via a v****a on his side. Which we all know is how it works....

Quote:
If everything on TV is true, then masturbating is healthy and premarital sex is okay and abortions tickle....

Very few religious groups claim Masturbation is a sin these days anyway. The fear came primitive people believing that Sperm is limited. And if you checked, Abortion is not promoted by the mainstream media, you just think it. Even the news media, television, ect.... Are very split on it. Actually, I've seen it taken more negatively than positively. Even in "Clerks II" which features a Donkey Show, abortion is shown as a "bad decision." Compared to the director's previous film, Dogma, where Abortion was there but the morality was never commented on.

What isn't promoted by anyone, because it's a stupid idea, is abstinence-only sex education. See, we have doctors who study this sort of thing.

Quote:
.then being fat is a disease

Obesity can be a disease, a genetic disorder, somebody's own laziness, overeating, or just how you are. I think both you and the television are over simplifying.

Quote:
and depression can't be cured by prayer and an attempt to get close to God

Again, we have doctors who study this. Some forms of depression can be handled just by getting up and doing something, or maybe having faith in god. But then there are times when somebody's brain is out of whack. You do believe in Mental Illness, right? Because my friend's Mom thinks the computer takes pictures of her. Try praying THAT one away. I, on the other had, will pray that she stays on her meds and follows the doctor's advice. That way she's got prayer AND science on her side. How can she lose?

Quote:
If everything on TV is true, then God doesn't exist and Christianity is a cult..

Ah, the fictional culture war. Sure, there are anti religious elements on TV. But last I checked, there have been many successful pro Christian movies and TV shows.

Saved
Touched By an Angel
Dogma
Passion of the Christ
Oh God
Oh God Book II
Oh God You Devil
Ben Hur
The Ten Commandments
The Prince of Egypt
Seventh Heaven
The Virgin Spring
Bella
Highway to Heaven
The Nativity

That's just off the top of my head. But your right. It's completely anti Christian and one sided. Granted, a couple of those might be seen as anti Christian by some conservative types (Dogma, for example, caused an uproar despite being extremely thoughtful) but there are enough, and have always been enough. Actually, Christianity is the best represented religion in the movies. Sure, there are more non Christian films, but there aren't more ANTI Christian films. Most movies are non religious regardless.

Quote:
Then we have all been brainwashed by irrationality and have been victimized by the church leaders....Then we are wasting valuable living time.....Wasting our money

I've never spent a dime on my Church that never went right into a notable charity. But seeing that the priest was criticized for not sending money "forward" I'm pretty sure there are a lot of church leaders robbing people blind.

After all, I had a boss who, like all members of his church, had to give one tenth of what they owned. How dare movies claim people of God can be corrupt! That definitely never happens!

Quote:
.hallucinating when we think God is speaking to us.

Some times you are. If you see demons, angels, ect. Odds are you are probably hallucinating. Maybe not, I'm open minded. Just remember that you can be deceived. I've never 'heard' or 'seen' God. He talks to me in less than conventional ways.

Quote:
If everything on TV is true, then aliens exist and the world will end in 2012....

Again, it's speculative TV. Not fact. Some people believe this. Most don't. But it's entertaining. The movie 2012 has hilarious scenes of citywide destruction made more hilarious by the fact that the film will be out of date in a few years.

Quote:
The Mayans were right and by them being right, their gods were the real gods....

Actually, people who believe the 2012 things are not claiming the Mayans were right, nor that the Gods are real. Because the Mayans NEVER said anything about the alleged end of the Calendar. It's speculation that is less than fifty years old, from people who are not anthropologists.

It's a Mayan Holiday, and they restart the long count.Also, souls still on Earth will ascend. People who believe in the Doomsday theories DON'T believe in what the Mayan's did.  

Matt Pniewski

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 pm
You do know that the subforum title is just meant to be funny, right? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:23 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
You do know that the subforum title is just meant to be funny, right? sweatdrop

Yeah, totally. I just got kinda bored and decided to play dumb and take it literally. I was kinda hoping to ninja mind -eff some people all up in this joint, but it didn't work. The guy above us seemed to take it extremely literally, though lol. Oops..... sweatdrop

I actually decided to omit the second part for a better added effect....Here it is:

If all this is true, then why on God's green earth do I not fear? Why do I get goosebumps when I hear thousands of people praising God in song on Youtube? How can I sit at my computer for hours and tell non-christian guilds what my "religious beliefs" are and not feel like I'm lying? Why can I sit in church and listen like my life depended on it if God isn't real? How can any of you in the world not be of it? Because we have Jesus and we know The Truth.  

ferret658

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 am
Ah, I see. It does raise some pretty interesting points- very much a "if what the world says is true, then why all this stuff -insert everything else you've said-" situation. I gotcha, I gotcha. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:59 pm
...Yeah...I got kinda bored, so i decided to play devil's advocate for a second. Did I already say that...?  

ferret658

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 pm
Uh ... yes ...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:47 pm
Oh....my bad...my mind is like a metal sieve. Too much pot from so long ago... sweatdrop  

ferret658

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:32 pm
And just so I make my stand in my faith, there is no way that My God can be a woman. He says I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD. Jesus calls Him the Father...The last time I checked, "Father" didn't mean XX chromosomes.

Dogma was not accurate in any way. I thought it was a travesty, in fact... crying

AND WHY WOULD SNAPE PLAY AN ANGEL?! rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 am
He was the Metatron first. xd I always think of that when I see him in Harry Potter. I'm always like, "IT'S THE VOICE OF GOD! :O"  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

ferret658

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:06 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
He was the Metatron first. xd I always think of that when I see him in Harry Potter. I'm always like, "IT'S THE VOICE OF GOD! :O"

I've only seen bits and pieces of Dogma. I didn't like it too much, so I didn't pay attention when my friend brought it over to watch it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:59 am
I enjoyed Dogma quite a bit. It's ridiculously insightful when you sit and listen to the dialogue. You just have to get past the fact that Jay is in it. xd  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:39 am
The Amazing Ryuu
I enjoyed Dogma quite a bit. It's ridiculously insightful when you sit and listen to the dialogue. You just have to get past the fact that Jay is in it. xd

I guess I must watch this movie....Yes....*scratches fake goatee* I think I will.....  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games