Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Critique?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mokitty

9,650 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:04 am

Say what you want
Say what you mean

Hello, I was hoping I could get some constructive criticism about my latest piece of artwork... it is, of course, avatar art.
I don't really do much else...

I can see for myself that:
The head and neck are too large.
The fingers are kinda twisted/crooked. I draw hands better on paper, and this (like all of my art) was done completely using the computer.

Girl all I need is for you
To be the one that I need
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:30 pm

i'll give you a quick one. if i'm not to tired i'll do a red line after work. or i might forget remind me XD

the left eye is too far out. its positioned as if she was facing forward.

also the neck doesn't seem to attach to the head quite right. it feels like its attaching right in the middle/ center and not at the base of the skull.

you clavicle is too far apart.

and your shoulder/arm pit area is ...weird

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Aha. Yeah.

The "weird" part I see on the arm and shoulder is that blob on her arm...
If you were attempting muscles, I don't think it's at the right part.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't look that... clumpy.
I can't really offer any suggestions here because I personally phail at muscle-structure... Try looking up female arm-sketches or models or something.

The face (the original skull, since Folken has already pointed out the eyes) is a big weird-looking, especially the whole part from under neath the cheekbones to the chin. Your drawing makes it look like the right side of her face is larger, which shouldn't happen because we're seeing more of the left side of her face, so moving the chin more to the left of the picture might help.

Plus, where the jawbone ends and meets the hair, it looks like you've finished drawing the face because you don't know quite how to draw ears, so you've just decided to cover it up with hair. Maybe finish the jawbone line a bit more to the right of the picture so that some of the hair on the sides cover just a bit of her face, because right now, it feels like I'm expecting to see the part where the ear starts to grow out of the skin (sorry for the unscientific names for body parts... u__u) drawn on there, RIGHT BESIDE THE EYE (which the last poster has already said, is too far from the center)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Its cute but I think the neck looks too long and her head seems just a tad too long. Otherwise I really like the color blending.

Bubblegum_Paint

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff