Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mythological Revisionism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

godhi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Yeah, well.... there's a reason scholarship is valued in Asatru. The tendencies to come to the new religion trying to keep everything that made you feel good from the last, and only see what makes you feel good in the new, is really insidious.
Generalization... fluffy Asatru scare me more than fluffy IRAB Wiccans. Most of those IRAB Wiccans still have something that boils down to Agape to keep them in check. gonk

Tell me about it. I've attended seasonal rituals with Ed Fitch and his so-called "Norse Wiccans" and that group is about as fluffy as they come. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:21 am
godhi
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Yeah, well.... there's a reason scholarship is valued in Asatru. The tendencies to come to the new religion trying to keep everything that made you feel good from the last, and only see what makes you feel good in the new, is really insidious.
Generalization... fluffy Asatru scare me more than fluffy IRAB Wiccans. Most of those IRAB Wiccans still have something that boils down to Agape to keep them in check. gonk

Tell me about it. I've attended seasonal rituals with Ed Fitch and his so-called "Norse Wiccans" and that group is about as fluffy as they come. burning_eyes
I think it is Fiddler who knows of a Montheistic Asatru group who claim Thor is the only real god. lol  

TeaDidikai

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 am
Revisionism eh... would it be out of place to note that Horus is now supposedly a Sun deity, born of a virgin, who does everything that Jesus does?

Thanks to Zeigeist, which isn't even a credible source, thousands of people think they know more than egyptologists "HAY THANKS TO DIS MOVIE"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:00 am
Nattfodd
Revisionism eh... would it be out of place to note that Horus is now supposedly a Sun deity, born of a virgin, who does everything that Jesus does?
As I've seen that argument it also incorporates Mithras and a couple of other gods from different cultures, it seems in an attempt to say "haha, aren't Christians dumb / pagans were there first and the Xians stole everything / Jesus didn't exist because the things people say about him are similar to the things people say about these other gods and therefore Christianity is meaningless / etc." Even to the point of claiming Heru-sa-Aset had twelve disciples and was crucified.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Even to the point of claiming Heru-sa-Aset had twelve disciples and was crucified.
Isn't that just twisted?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm
Nattfodd

Thanks to Zeigeist, which isn't even a credible source, thousands of people think they know more than egyptologists "HAY THANKS TO DIS MOVIE"

You could make an argument for Her-Wer, or Ra-Heru-ahkhety being sun gods, in part (Her-Wer having the sun and the moon as his eyes, and Ra-Heru-akhety being a merger of Heru and Ra). But certainly not the way they mean, nor is it the sum of their beings. And certainly not Heru-sa-Aset.  

IH_Zero

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:49 am
AngryRobotsInc.
You could make an argument for Her-Wer, or Ra-Heru-ahkhety being sun gods, in part (Her-Wer having the sun and the moon as his eyes, and Ra-Heru-akhety being a merger of Heru and Ra). But certainly not the way they mean, nor is it the sum of their beings. And certainly not Heru-sa-Aset.
Gasp! You mean there's more than one Horus? And gods aren't one-dimensional?? cool  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff