Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Crits???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a781e21518657

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:32 pm

hiiii its leetia here!~!! I really need help with my hand drawing, eye angleing, feet, toes, nails, hair styling, and legs!!!!! lol i need help with a bunch or stuff XS but pleeze halp me improve my talent to get readdy for junior high!!! you see, i really want to get the art award all 3 years in junior high so, i would need to improve those things before school starts!!! i only want the BEST drawings to be in my art sketch book XDDD!~!! srry if i kinda sound like im asking for alot, but i rly need th help!!!! here is my best picture ive ever drawn, please crit it so i can improve!!!!!!

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy225/tint998/006.jpg
(srry i deleted that picture, so here is the same one, just fixed a bit XP)

Thanks,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Why isn't anyone criting it~? ;~;

Please reply,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart

a781e21518657

Tai-ji

5,925 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Read the Mentee Forum Guideline -->Click

If you're looking for a mentor this isn't the place to be posting. Click
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 pm

I think you have promising talent, Leetia.

I used to draw all the time in junior high, and by the time i got to high school, i was awarded the art awards all 4 years. So starting now is a good decision

If you are looking for a mentor, I am willing to assist. Look for my name in the Mentor subforum so you can see some of my work, and if you like what you see, then i will teach you what i know and those great tricks of the trade. wink

Otome Picasso

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Vodou von Prettypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh, hello there, internets!

Well, I can't see the image, but I wanted to go ahead and say this:

Your sketchbook is not supposed to contain only the "best" drawings -- it's your place to practice and plan! A portfolio is for collecting your personal best work, and that is what people will look at. A sketchbook is for yourself only, and no one has to ever see it, if you don't want them to.

I did not see you there.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 am

thanks for the tips XD!

With thanks,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart

a781e21518657

Vodou von Prettypants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 am

Okay I can see it now!

It's not a bad drawing! It's a nice pose, and the clothes look well-planned.

Your joints are a little too sharp, however. Try rounding out the knees a tiny but -- I think that'll help a lot. Also experiment with different line widths. Figure out where your light source is and make your lines thinner where the light strikes the surface.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just my vision, but it looks as though her right arm hand is facing tin an awkward direction. Her thumb is on the inside, but it looks like her fingers are curled up, facing the viewer. Does that make any sense? With her thumb where it is, her fingers should be behind her palm.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Yh, the right hand is sorta messed up =..= it kinda looks uncomfortable for her XP but hands are one of my weaknesses XS but ty alot for th tips!! ill try them out for my next drawing!!

Thanks,
heart ~ Leetia ~ heart

a781e21518657

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas