Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Selective Ancestry Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:35 am
At least some of you know bits of your heritage. Mine are guesses until I can get some credible family tree's from one of my grandparents. I think there's a book that outlined my paternal family tree, but it floated around at a family reunion when I was younger and didn't care about that yet.
My maternal is under dispute. Supposed Irish somewhere in the mix, but after that, it's up for grabs.

Is Ancestry.com really as good as it says?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:50 pm
I just like that fact that my maiden name is one that my paternal grandfather picked, randomly. He was never adopted and spent his childhood in orphanages and foster homes.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:44 am
I have a deep affection for certain parts of my ancestry.
So much heroism... and a time fragment of what made them, their genetic soup as it were, is a part of me...
I'm ashamed actually. I don't feel I've lived up to the great example of some of my illustrious forbearers. I shall be one of the countless persons that are forgotten, nothing more than a name in some family album, no stories, no songs.
But I have time to change that, to make the ancestors who have made themselves known to me proud. To validate their line and be a credit to my cultural community, whichever may claim me. In the end, it is they who must call me one of them, I cannot name myself so, even I do not possess such pride.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm
saint dreya
TeaDidikai
My cousin had a child before I did. It's actually a small point of sorrow really.

If it's not too much prying, why?
My cousin is younger than I am. I've been trying off and on (more on than off) for years to have a child.

It's likely that my child may not have a chance to know any of it's great grandparents.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:48 pm
TeaDidikai
saint dreya
TeaDidikai
My cousin had a child before I did. It's actually a small point of sorrow really.

My cousin is younger than I am. I've been trying off and on (more on than off) for years to have a child.

It's likely that my child may not have a chance to know any of it's great grandparents.

(((huggles)))

All three of my female cousins have significant others (only one not married) and children. One is 2 years older than me, the other two are 2 and 5 years younger.

I can't help but feel a little lost and lacking.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:29 am
saint dreya
TeaDidikai
saint dreya
TeaDidikai

(((huggles)))

All three of my female cousins have significant others (only one not married) and children. One is 2 years older than me, the other two are 2 and 5 years younger.

I can't help but feel a little lost and lacking.
For me it's less about lost and lacking and more about frustration.

I'm about to reconsider medical treatments.  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:47 am
I don't really have a great connection with my ancestors. Technically, I'm not Irish, so there's a whole community of people who I'm disconnected from (and to be honest, I, as a child, was more obstinantly interested in my Scottish heritage) and none beyond the ancestors who lived during my life have ever really touched or reached out to me.

I'm finding that being a knight of service for God is enough of a burden. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:49 pm
Gho the Girl
I don't really have a great connection with my ancestors. Technically, I'm not Irish, so there's a whole community of people who I'm disconnected from (and to be honest, I, as a child, was more obstinantly interested in my Scottish heritage) and none beyond the ancestors who lived during my life have ever really touched or reached out to me.

I'm finding that being a knight of service for God is enough of a burden. sweatdrop
But then you get into the whole "Cloud of Witnesses" and the definition of the Church (uppercase C and all). wink  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces