2009 Star Trek Convention Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:34 pm
Dust Dancer
I for one love everyone who was on the TOS cast. Especially William Shatner.

I mean, if Leonard Nimoy could call himself Shatner's best friend, I'm sure William Shatner isn't all that bad a guy.

But this thread isn't for defending the egotistical and adorable b*****d, its about Star Trek conventions. I'll save my Shatner speech for another day.

As I pointed out, my concern is Shatner at a con, especially a small one, means other people will not show. We had a situation at horror con a few years Back. Tobe Hooper, who directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre, was supposed to show. Well, seeing that costar Ed Neal made statements like "Vietnam was better than working for Hooper" and also that "He'd kill Hooper if he ever see shim" Tobe Hooper was a no show.

Never mind that Hooper both deserved the reception he gets from his cast and crew (whom he never paid, maid millions for themselves, and put tons of loopholes in the contracts so nobody can sue him for what is rightfully theirs), and the fact that Neal has also said that "I'm over it. That was 30 years ago."

Fights between actors work there way into these situations. That's all I'm saying. I've seen it happen first hand.

Quote:
I was planning on going to LV con this year (this is the one you're referring to, correct?), but I didn't have anyone to go with ;_;!!! So sad, cuz Nimoy and Shatner are gonna be there TOGETHER! On stage AGAIN. And most likely they won't do it next year because Shatner said he's gonna rest for a while, at his age, who knows how long that'll be O_O

I'll be there next year though! Ooh! If anyone else is planning on going next year, we should plan something and meet up! I don't have many trekkie friends, and the only ones I have are the ones I've met online. Maybe we can have a Gaia gathering if enough people can do it :^)

Las Vegas is a bit far for a Chicago guy like me. And too damn hot, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 pm
Dust Dancer
I for one love everyone who was on the TOS cast. Especially William Shatner.

I mean, if Leonard Nimoy could call himself Shatner's best friend, I'm sure William Shatner isn't all that bad a guy.

Oh yeah that's very true.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 am