Reply Non Star Trek Discussion Forum
Favorite Superheroes?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:28 pm
1. Green Arrow- Essentially, this guy is me. But a womanizer. Good with a bow, so far left he might as well be a communist, pig headed, arrogant, passionate, ect.

2. Hellboy- First of all, he's really sexy. He's a blue collar guy like anyone else. But with supernatural abilities. The guy I could picture working with me at Jewel, and going out to the bar afterwards. But instead of bagging Groceries, he fights monsters.

3. Superman- What makes Superman great is the fact that his greatest weakness is not kryptonite, but the fact that he always has to be the hero. Plus, he appeals to the best of us. And, after so many years, they still haven't given him the "Grim and Gritty" reboot all heroes (including Spider-Man) have gotten. I'm not a fan of the Frank Miller "Grrr... Dirty Streets!" type anti heroes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:51 pm
I'm not really into superheroes - more of a vigilante/anti- hero type - but I like the Green Lantern and Iron Man.
And by anti - hero I don't mean gritty street slums. I mean, hardcore not hero - like methods but not harming essential people in his/her job.  

Lavendar L.

filigree hummingbird

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:49 pm
User Imagesuperman? he's just an illegal alien running around in his undies
hellboy? one of jim henson least favorite puppets
green latern? agreed he's totally awsome....however you can take him out with a number two pencil

american comic superheroes depress me because they have a dark sides and annoying weaknesses but i have to say i like Aquaman!

reasons:
he's royalty
he's got cool powers/hair
he's only mildy acholic/maniac depressive..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:19 pm
i like aquaman too and ironman

not mystical superheros like batman and ironman are hott!

my favorite right now is.......User Imagethis hottie mchottiepants right here

sorry im so hyper right now  

ghostchildiv

Lucky Nerd

17,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Miss Mangie

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:21 pm
I gotta say, Rorschach isn't really a superhero, but he rocks my socks.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 pm
I've always liked Batman,

He seems so alluring and mysterious.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 pm
The Punisher.

The only super-"hero" that shoots first and asks questions later. Could technically be considered a villain for this behavior, but he knows how to make it hurt where it's deserved. I love his style: an armored 1969 Pontiac GTO.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:10 am
I`m not really into superheroes...I prefer to read manga. ^^  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rainbow-potato
Crew

Hygienic Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:21 am
Batman is definitely my favourite because he has to use his intelligence and quick thinking to save the day, rather than having a super power.

Then probably Superman, The Flash, and Aquaman.

Do sidekicks count?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:25 am
Rainbow-potato
Batman is definitely my favourite because he has to use his intelligence and quick thinking to save the day, rather than having a super power.

Then probably Superman, The Flash, and Aquaman.

Do sidekicks count?

Dude, of course Sidekicks count.

I like Batman for the same reason, but the thing is, Batman fans generally irritate me. Like, act like he's so smart that he can do pretty mcuh anything, then say what is so great about him is how human he is.... Despite, you know, the fact that he is now able to to do anything......

I like Green Arrow more, because he's like Batman but a lot more... Human. Batman tries to be more, while the Green Arrow doesn't d**k around. he is human, but damn good at what he does.  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:43 pm
Matt Pniewski

I like Batman for the same reason, but the thing is, Batman fans generally irritate me. Like, act like he's so smart that he can do pretty mcuh anything, then say what is so great about him is how human he is.... Despite, you know, the fact that he is now able to to do anything......

I know what you mean with the Superman fans at school.

I like batman but I'm not like that at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 pm
xXSuperWhateverXx
Matt Pniewski

I know what you mean with the Superman fans at school.

I like batman but I'm not like that at all.

Well, yeah. Most people like Batman. But I can't stand listening to college kids talk about why he's the best. They go over s**t like "He's a Ninja" and I'm trying to figure out "Really? using stealth is the only thing there?"

Superman represents a higher ideal that we should all look up to, respect, Admire. Batman represents the limits of what one human can do. This is sort of why I like heroes so much, they appeal to the best of us.  

Matt Pniewski

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 pm
Superman then Batman for me, both have a hero complex that supersedes their alternate identities. They follow the Yin/Yang complex, for example if you compare Clark Kent to Superman you get an exact opposite in personalities with a underlying trait carried over between the two entities. Its the same for Batman, by implying this technique it allows for the glasses to hide Superman and the persona to hide Batman.  
Non Star Trek Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games