Submit

ShushYourPrettyMouth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:31 am
Zack Effrond as L?!?!?!?!?!?!
*major panic attack*
OMG He's going to ruin everything!! D:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:59 am
What now!!? Who made that prissy boy Effron to be L!!!? Say it's not true!!! gonk gonk gonk  

Izara of the Desert Sands

6,550 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

masumi5

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:18 am
According to wikipedia, Warner Bros. acquired the rights to do a remake. Apparently they also hired Charley and Vlas Parlapanides to adapt the script.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003063.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1

I'm not really sure how reliable these sources are though.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:38 pm
Efron is such a wuss, he wouldn't be able to handle Death Note stare  

Koriya-chan

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:04 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQNvUQI7jRI

Zak Efron talks about Death Note. Proof. And NOOOOOOOO!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 am
SarcasticIrony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQNvUQI7jRI

Zak Efron talks about Death Note. Proof. And NOOOOOOOO!

ShushYourPrettyMouth

Sugar in Lemonade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm
Well, here's my view on all of this. Basically, I feel that an American version COULD be great...but knowing the remakes we make (even for our own American versions, especially screwing up horror movies e__e which I'm a huge fan of like FRIDAY THE 13th AND NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET...anyway) it's most likely gonna end up as fail.

This isn't being racist I swear but American looks would be nice to see as anime in general is...well, let's just put it this way. If all anime were drawn asian there wouldn't be much variety. /shot

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. Most likely they'll screw this up real bad, the live action is great. Just the acting is beautifully done...especially In L: Change the World. I just know they're gonna screw up the whole representation of Death Note though. I think Efron fits the look of Light dead on, but his acting...I'm just gonna say hell no to. (At one point they had wanted him to replace Kevin Bacon in that remake for Footloose. No one tops Bacon :l ) I think if they're going to choose actors, they need to find some small time ones that aren't large. Those are the best type to find these days. Having these big stars just ruins thing. I mean if we throw Efron on...before we know it it'll be a Death Note musical (although that would be sweet, just not by Americans plz) or some shiz. I'm especially concerned about L.

Who the hell can play L in America so well? that will be hard to find. Looks are hard enough, but acting? That's a whole other skill. Also, that actor better be damnnnn good looking then. >__> Just saying. Honestly I think they'd have a better change pulling random people off the street with no acting experience to fit these roles more. Most likely they'd choose a big busted blonde (*Is a blonde so no offense*) for Misa as well and they'll potray her extremely stupid. EVEN IF PEOPLE have a thing against Misa, I only find her stupid that she chooses to be in an abusive relationship. Otherwise, she's extremely smart. :l

In conclusion, I will be displeased if they eff this up, which I imagine they will.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm
I agree. America has the potential to make this great (even if they change the setting and everything, NYC would be perfect) but knowing us, we're going to ******** it up.

We need GOOD actors, not popular ones. Hold auditions for god's sake! There are amazing actors out there, you just have to find them! And actually TRY! But we need someone young to play L. A teenager that looks adult. Or someone around Zak's age (let's pray Zak doesn't screw this up ><). Not ******** Dan Radcliffe. And NOT Johnny Depp. I love the actor, and I really do believe he could pull off L incredibly well but he looks too old.

And you can't give the script to someone shitty like Stephen Spielberg. I vote Julie Taymor. She is an amazing awesome director. Look at films like Tidus and Across the Universe for example (I personally am in love of Tidus and I hate Shakespeare). I would love to see her interpretation of Death Note.  

SarcasticIrony

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sugar in Lemonade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm
SarcasticIrony
I agree. America has the potential to make this great (even if they change the setting and everything, NYC would be perfect) but knowing us, we're going to ******** it up.

We need GOOD actors, not popular ones. Hold auditions for god's sake! There are amazing actors out there, you just have to find them! And actually TRY! But we need someone young to play L. A teenager that looks adult. Or someone around Zak's age (let's pray Zak doesn't screw this up ><). Not ******** Dan Radcliffe. And NOT Johnny Depp. I love the actor, and I really do believe he could pull off L incredibly well but he looks too old.

And you can't give the script to someone shitty like Stephen Spielberg. I vote Julie Taymor. She is an amazing awesome director. Look at films like Tidus and Across the Universe for example (I personally am in love of Tidus and I hate Shakespeare). I would love to see her interpretation of Death Note.

Agreed 100 %. Although, I love Johnny Depp and he's amazing he's way too old at this point. ((Even if I still fan over them. *Likes too many old menz in hollywood* u_u)) I also hate Shakespeare and think Julie Taymor would be a great idea. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:42 pm
Sugar in Lemonade
Well, here's my view on all of this. Basically, I feel that an American version COULD be great...but knowing the remakes we make (even for our own American versions, especially screwing up horror movies e__e which I'm a huge fan of like FRIDAY THE 13th AND NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET...anyway) it's most likely gonna end up as fail.

This isn't being racist I swear but American looks would be nice to see as anime in general is...well, let's just put it this way. If all anime were drawn asian there wouldn't be much variety. /shot

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. Most likely they'll screw this up real bad, the live action is great. Just the acting is beautifully done...especially In L: Change the World. I just know they're gonna screw up the whole representation of Death Note though. I think Efron fits the look of Light dead on, but his acting...I'm just gonna say hell no to. (At one point they had wanted him to replace Kevin Bacon in that remake for Footloose. No one tops Bacon :l ) I think if they're going to choose actors, they need to find some small time ones that aren't large. Those are the best type to find these days. Having these big stars just ruins thing. I mean if we throw Efron on...before we know it it'll be a Death Note musical (although that would be sweet, just not by Americans plz) or some shiz. I'm especially concerned about L.

Who the hell can play L in America so well? that will be hard to find. Looks are hard enough, but acting? That's a whole other skill. Also, that actor better be damnnnn good looking then. >__> Just saying. Honestly I think they'd have a better change pulling random people off the street with no acting experience to fit these roles more. Most likely they'd choose a big busted blonde (*Is a blonde so no offense*) for Misa as well and they'll potray her extremely stupid. EVEN IF PEOPLE have a thing against Misa, I only find her stupid that she chooses to be in an abusive relationship. Otherwise, she's extremely smart. :l

In conclusion, I will be displeased if they eff this up, which I imagine they will.

we'll steal Ken'ichi to play L again.  

l Sailor Lupus l
Crew

5,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Yinmasha2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:29 am
What about Pete Wentz! 3nodding He mite b old but he could work sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:09 pm
But L is suppose to be Japanese. . he cant be played by an american actor!
Even in the books it even says he's Japanese!! actually for the rest of the character that are japanese should be played by japanese actors. . .
yeah i dont think the American Death Note would work. . . I really hope hollywood wont make one like that DragonBall abomination they made!!!  

Kyo~ko

Shameless Gawker

GreenEyedSummer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm
Marshmallow94
i beg u, i really do! DO NOT MAKE ZAC EFFRON L or LIGHT!!!!!!!!!! i will hate the us soo much cause of it, anyway johnny depp would make a good L, thos hes old, also, why are they havin an american deathnote? its gonna suck and they'll probably change A LOT of the plot line.... im dreading it... crying crying crying crying crying

I would be cool with Johnny Depp playing L, but I just can't stand the thought of seeing him wearing yet MORE white face paint. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 pm
Kyo~ko
But L is suppose to be Japanese. . he cant be played by an american actor!
Even in the books it even says he's Japanese!! actually for the rest of the character that are japanese should be played by japanese actors. . .
yeah i dont think the American Death Note would work. . . I really hope hollywood wont make one like that DragonBall abomination they made!!!

L is Japanese, English, Russian, and French or Italian. In other words, he can be played by an American actor.  

Ruisu-sempai

Unbeatable Elocutionist

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Elocutionist 200

sugakoushi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm
I think they should get an English actor for L, because Wammy's House is located in Winchester, England. And after all that is where L grew up.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff