The shadow of death shall not touch you

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black Dize

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:24 am
It is said in Exodus 12 from the 12 to the 13:

12 "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn—both men and animals—and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt."

I can apply this to todays life. The blood that the LORD is talking about, I think, is blood from year-old males without defect (sheep or goat, I think). Now, Jesus didn't have defect, either, and today, when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, you are sealed with His blood, that means that not a plague will touch you no matter what. You will pass dificult times like the people of Israel, but no more because the LORD is with you like the powerful giant that He is.

Don't tell God how big is your problem, tell the problem how big God is ^_^. Praise Jesus...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 pm
Wow. It took me a minute to get that, but now I do and it's very insightful. Thanks for brightening my day! mrgreen (Just out of curiosity, when/how did you realize this?)  

Grilled Cheese

Black Dize

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Grilled Cheese
Wow. It took me a minute to get that, but now I do and it's very insightful. Thanks for brightening my day! mrgreen (Just out of curiosity, when/how did you realize this?)
When you have intimacy with God you realize a lot of things. Believe me, when you are alone with God, a lot of stuff happens. Also, you have to sumerge to the scriptures to know what God wants you to know and what is He really telling you. And I realized this like when I was 14 or 15 or so... I'm 19 now ^_^ Glory to the LORD. I'm puertorican by the way  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:13 pm
Black Dize
Grilled Cheese
When you have intimacy with God you realize a lot of things. Believe me, when you are alone with God, a lot of stuff happens. Also, you have to sumerge to the scriptures to know what God wants you to know and what is He really telling you. And I realized this like when I was 14 or 15 or so... I'm 19 now ^_^ Glory to the LORD. I'm puertorican by the way
Ah. That's interesting...thanks. smile

Nice to meet you. I'm Nikki, by the way. So...you're Puerto Rican? What is it like where you live?  

Grilled Cheese

Black Dize

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 pm
Grilled Cheese
Black Dize
Grilled Cheese
Ah. That's interesting...thanks. smile

Nice to meet you. I'm Nikki, by the way. So...you're Puerto Rican? What is it like where you live?
Nice to meet you too. Ah, it's kinda normal, you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 am
One of the things I love most about the United Methodist tradition is their view on walking with God. They believe that if you life a life with God, then you will live a fulfilled life. Not to say you won't have troubles, but your life will have meaning and be fulfilling if you walk with God.  

freelance lover
Crew

Black Dize

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:10 pm
freelance lover
One of the things I love most about the United Methodist tradition is their view on walking with God. They believe that if you life a life with God, then you will live a fulfilled life. Not to say you won't have troubles, but your life will have meaning and be fulfilling if you walk with God.
That's amen ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:42 pm
This belongs in the Bible discussion subforum.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Black Dize

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:42 am
We have that? Sorry.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff