So Today

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 pm
I'm currently an intern at an art gallery, working as assistant to the Director of Exhibitions. I don't get paid as an intern, but over the summer, they have art-themed day-camps for kids. On the weeks when they need me, I get paid as an assistant teacher.

So today (week 5 of the camp), I took the kids out for recess like I normally do. We have recess in a parking lot about a block and a half from the gallery. Mostly a pretty quiet area, not much noise to speak of besides the sounds of children running and playing.

Suddenly, my head shoots up like a rabbit that detects a predator. I don't hear or see anything out of the ordinary, but I know there's something going on that's playing with one of my senses below the liminal level. I stay alert, listening for whatever distant audio has pricked by ears. As those who study sound will know, bass frequencies don't travel as far as treble frequencies, and for this, I only could audibly hear what I knew to be playing after about 30 seconds- somewhere near, someone was playing Bela Lugosi's Dead. Perhaps in an apartment, or in a passing car two blocks away. I don't know. But my goth senses tingled, and I knew it was playing from the moment the gentle drums began, and I could audibly (though, faintly) hear the treble of Daniel Ash's guitar as he came into the song 30 seconds in.

Discuss:

- Your goth senses tingling.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:28 pm
HAha, i know that feeling... razz

I got the same when it comes to music. Was on a train, and somewhere (not in a seat whewre i could se him) someone was playing sisters of mercy in his mp3 player. I just hered the beat first, and then, it i just let my mind do it, i could here music and shut everything else out. kind of nice sisn i forgot my music at home.  

wilykit_thundera

Romantic Vampire

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:34 pm
My job's PA system usually plays songs from the 80s. Every now and then it'll lapse into The Cure or Siouxsie and the Banshees.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:24 am
-Resurrected Writer-
My job's PA system usually plays songs from the 80s. Every now and then it'll lapse into The Cure or Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Reminds me-

When I went to see "Monster House" in theaters, I was a little surprised but ultimately happy to hear "Halloween" by Siouxsie and the Banshees on the soundtrack.  

GilAskan
Crew

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:53 am
Not strictly 'goth senses' here, but certainly awesome senses, I recognised Feiticiera by the Deftones playing on someone's mp3 player on the other side of the class room.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games