Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Thanks, Mr. Ross.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:45 pm
Quote:
Last week, just days after Panic! at the Disco announced that Ryan Ross and Jon Walker were leaving the band, a certain photo began making the rounds on message boards and gossip sites … one that seemed to confirm most Panic! fans’ suspicions about why Ross had split in the first place.

The picture shows the guitarist reclining on a couch, with three very young girls around him. In the foreground, there is a table cluttered with bottles of liquor, cigarettes and one very prominently placed bowl of what appears to be cocaine, chopped into little lines and ready to be snorted.

In a lot of ways, the photo looks like it could’ve been taken backstage at a Led Zeppelin show, circa 1970 … which is what bothered most Panic! fans, still angered by news of the split. To them, the picture was proof that Ross was more concerned with partying and chasing women — with being a rock star — than he was in continuing with Panic! at the Disco, which made him the bad guy in the whole situation.

To his credit, Ross remained silent about the photo and the backlash it created — until Monday, that is, when MTV News spoke to him about parting ways with Panic!, a conversation that also saw him addressing the rumors of his hard-partying ways, his reputation in the Panic! fanscape and, of course, that now-infamous picture.

“I’m usually the bad guy. That’s how it always seems to be,” Ross laughed. “I’ve tried not to read a lot of the comments our fans have been making about this, because I really hope they don’t think it was me who caused the split. We were all just going in different directions, musically. That’s it.”

And so, about that picture — well, Ross said it was taken the day after a party at a friend’s house, and that he had no idea the cocaine was on the table. It wasn’t his, and he didn’t partake in it the previous night. Oh, and he also denies the rumors that he somehow leaked the photo himself, to build buzz for his and Walker’s upcoming project.

“I planned the whole thing!” he laughed. “No, [the photo was taken] a couple of weeks ago — I do remember, believe it or not. I’m not gonna tell you whose house it was at, but yeah, there was a party the night before, and I slept on the couch, and we took a picture. I didn’t even really know [the cocaine] was there.”

And those girls in the photo? Turns out they’re not underage, or groupies, or anything salacious, really. They’re just Ross’ friends, and one of them accidentally caused the photo to be leaked.

“Oh, I definitely [know them] — it’s my friend Zee and a couple of her friends. And actually, they’re all older than me,” he laughed. “I think one of the girls put the picture on her Facebook, and was like, ‘Oh my God, I didn’t even know it was on the table,’ and then I don’t know what happened. But I think they got in more trouble than I did.”

This clears up some air.
By the way, Panic!'s MySpace got new photos.
They're from the studio.
You can go here to view them.
(:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 pm
Where'd you find this?  

PanicChic2005

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:56 pm
Thank goodness.
We don't want our little Ryan Rossy ruining himself.
x3

And yeah, where did you get this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:56 pm
PanicChic2005
Where'd you find this?

MTV.com and patdonline.com
That's where I find everything.

User Image

Kylie the Cumbie

PanicChic2005

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 pm
Kyli3Fosho
PanicChic2005
Where'd you find this?

MTV.com and patdonline.com
That's where I find everything.

User Image
Thanks dearie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

I posted the same interview in the actual thread about the picture.
Just so everyone else who was angry/upset about it can read it there.
smile

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sandflea

PanickedMusic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 am
Ha I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were doing the "X Files"{It's 89X...88.7} and they talked about this photo/what Ryan said, and I was thinking, "Someone in the guild better have posted this interview/article!" Lol xD

So, thanks, Kyli3. ;]

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff