Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Zosmaticy's picture Dump <3 new picture

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3 How's my art? <3
  ehh...okay I guess...
  I love it <3
  I hate it D=
View Results

zosmaticy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Well hello everyone, I'm Zosmaticy, or Zo for short. I'm here like probably everyone else to get help with my art. Right now, I don't really have a set style of art, and sometimes I just experiment with certain types. Any critique is greatly appreciated, though I prefer visual help and red linings. And I kind of woudn't mind homework, as long as I'm given enough time to finish it. 3nodding
Well here's some of my art below.

User Image

User Image

User Image
This one and the one under are colored by hand, and since I don't have anything really good for coloring, they kind of well...stink I know

User Image

User Image

User Image
The last one was me trying out another art style.

I have more pictures at my Deviantart account which is located

Here!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Hello anyone?

zosmaticy

Nonobotica

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:19 am

Helloo~

You got some pretty sweet doodles coming along here, good work on some of the colouring and its nice to see youre trying to put some background, depth and interest into your drawings.

I think what you need is to look at the human form more, when drawing use a reference of a person, any person aslong as they have the proportions youre looking for. Because you can manipulate them while drawing but the picture will stop you from going too far off track.

The first image which i think is pretty cool, ive allwase been a fan of solid black and white stuff. Its good that youre trying to branch out.
I think the line art is a little uneven here, closer objects (the fist_ should have thick bold lines where as the rest (body_ should have thinner lines. At the moment theyre all the same and it make sthe image seem a little flat, which weakens the image a bit.

Uhh as for homework I sugest you go to the mentor sub-forum and ask someone to teach you an give you more indepth tips.

Keep on drawing anyway, post MOAR!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I know my lines are kind of the same size relatively, I have to go buy some smaller pens for the detail since they all ran out of ink. But I will try. ^^

zosmaticy

kuschie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:11 pm

There are a lot of good things here - I especially love the way you're going for hard perspective, it's something that's not easy to do, and you're doing well.
I do think that you're certainly in need of new pens. In the first picture, it looks like your pen is drying out - especially in the hair area.
But you don't necessarily need thin pens to draw thin lines. If you "flick" your wrist, with a pencil or a pen, drawing a curved line, you can see that naturally, your line is thicker where you start and thinner where you end. Use that to your advantage. It's also necessary to use those techniques when using different pens, because you don't want your audience to see exactly where you switched pens ^^;; It should all look done in one pen.

I'm not proclaiming myself to be great at anatomy, but here's a redline for your third piece - <3
In addition to the stuff I said in there, your eyes are overall too big. Search for some face anatomy tutorials - that's okay.
When the figure is holding a long pole - this is for your third and your last one, try holding something and use that to determine the pose. Use a broom, or a meterstick, or something like that. In the third piece, her left arm should be straight, and right along the pole. If you don't want her arm to be against the pole, it's more natural to hold it with the palm up.
here is just the redraw - if that sort of thing helps you ^^;;

All in all, there's a lot of great things going on. Of course, the mentor forum is a great place to find someone to give you tips as you go, but honestly, you're very, very much on your way. Good luck on your quest for new pens ^^;; and keep working. You've got a great sense of composition, and that's really to be envied.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Thank you so much Asamune, it really helps. ^^ Now I'm off to find some tutorials 3nodding -theme music-

zosmaticy

zosmaticy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 pm

User Image

If you see some odd colored spots on the black bar in the middle, ignore them. I'm not sure if its just my monitor or what, but on my other computer I can't see them. And I know my lines are all the same size, I bought new pens but they don't work so I'm stuck with my thick, dying ones for now. gonk
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games