Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Religion+Depressed=...don't equal??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WTF RIGHT???
  Yes
  Oversensitive...mumble...mumble...NO!!
View Results

A DeJa Vu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:25 pm
I had someone tell me that because I'm Catholic I couldn't be depressed or emo! I was like "Why not?" And he was like, "Well don't you believe in God or something? So since God is on your side, how can you be depressed??" I was like "Although I may be Catholic (Which i'm actually not I just happedn to attend a Catholic High school because my parents are catholic) doesn't mean I'm not human!" And he left it at that. I was pissed! He was basically saying that Catholics or Christians can't be depressed because they aren't Human! Right? Opinions...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:02 pm
I think that anyone can be depressed, really. It doesn't matter what religion you are. I mean, that's just dumb. I am Christian, and I'm sort of leaning into a state of depression as of now because of recent happenings. But seriously, if you're depressed, you're depressed. If we shouldn't be depressed, then why did God create it?

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

A DeJa Vu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:22 pm
Sadistic Rainbows
I think that anyone can be depressed, really. It doesn't matter what religion you are. I mean, that's just dumb. I am Christian, and I'm sort of leaning into a state of depression as of now because of recent happenings. But seriously, if you're depressed, you're depressed. If we shouldn't be depressed, then why did God create it?

Sad it's an emotion just like Love or Hate. God created emotions to be felt. If you feel depressed, it's God working and you are in fact human. Exactly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 pm
I'm Christian...and I've been fighting depsession since I was 7...no joke...that guy can go suck a @#$%!  

SeshuTetsuyama

Humoresque

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:10 am

David struggled with depression.
After all, Saul was trying to kill him.

God was on David's side, and he was depressed.

I see a refutable connection here. surprised

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
19 mil
Donators
x Raunchy Mc Tendersoft
x Atrium Miles
x Theater_Life247

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:37 pm
depression is a feeling , like happiness or embarrassment. it has nothing to do with your religion. if you weren't meant to get depressed the world wouldn't be the way it is.  

skenzii_da_MASTA

The Raining Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:16 am

lol? I seriously laughed when you said that just because you're Catholic, you can't be depressed.

I've been told many times that I shouldn't be or act depressed because I'm Muslim. I was like, wtf?

People like that don't know what's going on in your life, and if keep bothering you about it, then it shouldn't be any of their business.

Just ignore that dude. Be who you are. You shouldn't be someone else, or be someone that someone else wants you to be. You can believe in God and have depressed moments. Hell, that's why we believe in God in the first place; to get us OUT of those depressed moments.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:22 pm
Depression and "emo" have nothing to do with Catholicism or any religion for that matter. Both depend on an individual's personal preferences and mental and emotional stability.

Religion's a separate matter entirely. Religion is a system that a person invests their belief in.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Panyris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:55 pm
Having God on your side automatically makes you more prone to attacks from Satan. (But what do I know? I'm Agnostic. . .) heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:29 pm
Just because you have god on your side, doesn't mean bad things can't happen to you.
The soilders have god on their side, and they die every day.  

OoPeroxidePrincessoO

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Princes_Of_Darknes_828
Just because you have god on your side, doesn't mean bad things can't happen to you.
The soilders have god on their side, and they die every day.

Which soldiers and which god?  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games