Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
One-on-One, please :] {literate!}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OuEstLaCraie

Greedy Reveler

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:19 pm
I'm seeking a literate RPer who is willing to write multiple paragraphs in either private messages or the forums. If in the forums, I would like a little pizzazz in the posts (colored font when your character speaks, a few pictures, perhaps, that whole thing). I have two major cravings right now, both with vague plot ideas.

The first is a World War II setting, smack in the middle of the German occupation of France. I have a French Resistance fighter in mind for myself; I'm willing to play opposite a fellow Parisian, a German soldier, or any other WWII era character you can come up with.

My second idea is set in a land on the verge of rebellion. I would like to play a princess hoping to overthrow her pig of a brother (who is the king of the country); again, I'll accept any characer you create that would fit into a Medieval-esqe, slightly fantasy plotline.

Again, I'm searching for someone literate, meaning proper grammar and spelling. I understand writer's block, real life cutting into computer time, and just having a bad day. I'll excuse mistakes of yours if you'll excuse mine. And I'll understand if you can't get on every single blessed hour of the day (because I know I can't), but I would like someone who is online fairly regularly, who is willing to work through writer's block as best they can and get something to me every few days or so (sooner would be better, but, again, I understand).

PM me for further details if you're interested. I'd appreciate bumps in the thread, as well :] You can reply here, too, but I have a tendency to forget to check my posts...sorry about that. PMs are the way to go with me.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:14 pm
(( Mark is going to be the name of the knight ))

Mark stood tall as always when he was next to the princess, he was her protecter since he was picked as her knight. His sword in its seath he looked upon the next peasant that was offering a gift to the princess. " They shouldn't really give their precious things to royaly, they already have quite a lot " he thought. They were at some kind of ceremony which peasants gave thir gifts to the royal members. Mark frowned as he thought of all of the wars that had been caused by the princess' brother, the ruler of the kingdom.

(( Hope this was fine ... still need to know the name of the princess razz ))  

Zarzzara

OuEstLaCraie

Greedy Reveler

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:17 pm
Princess Althea, second in line to the throne of the House of Ashtyn, accepted the silver set with the same demure, kind smile on her face as had been settled there since the royal affair began. This was really a silly tradition Swithin had begun when they parents died and left him, their eldest child, to rule. Though, perhaps, child isn't the right word--Swithy had been almost thirty when he took the throne to become King Swithin II, but his age hadn't helped him any. Since his reign had begun, Althea's brother had truly only managed to kindle old rivalries, chase pretty, young maidens in search of a queen, nearly ruin the country's economy (twice), and fill him time with lavish parties while most of population died in poverty or on the front lines of yet another senseless war. Althea's young brother, Lanx, was no better--a war-monger on his best days, he'd been set up as a general at the tender age of sixteen and relished the bloodshed Swithin began. Althea, left to her own devices, had set her mind on deciding the best course of action. It would be an unhealthy show of hubris for her to admit that she was most likely the best royal for the job, but since she was young, all she had wanted to do was lead, to do right by her people as her father had, and to restore the grandeur of the country she knew and loved.

Setting the silver set aside, she made a mental note to return all she'd been given or, at the very least, to give it to a worthy charity, then curtseied prettily to her brother, the king, and excused herself. Gracefully, she turned to bid fareweel to her subjects, as well, who bowed in reply, then returned to their gift-giving. Althea suppressed a shiver at Swithin's actions as she turned to murmur to her protector, "I'd fancy a walk on the grounds. Care to join me?" A joke, of course--she was allowed hardly anywhere without a chaperone of some sort, and Mark was usually the man for the job.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 pm
" Of course, Mi lady " Mark bowed as he followed out after her. Mark moved his light brown hair out of his eyes as the breeze ruffled his hair. " I still wonder if that silly trradition of the peasants giving the ones with power gifts, I simply am not pleased by the idea " Mark stated his opinion. Mark looked around the grounds, there were trees dotted here and there, flower beds lining the path and newly cut grass. " I'm glad i didn't wear my armor today " he thought glad, the weather was rather alittle hot. Mark took out a hankerchief and wiped his brow. The gardener looked up from his work seeing such royalty walking in the grounds.  

Zarzzara

Zarzzara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 pm
(( bump ))  
03 One-on-One RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out