Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Why do homosexual men sometimes hate women?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kori_Jin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:13 pm
I'm not sure if it's my area or what but every gay male that I've met (I'm not saying all homosexual guys are like this!!) has been a complete a*****e to me. What the ********? I smile or nodd or something and they scoff or make some snide comment about my clothes or appearance... Should I ignore them?? I mean, I nodd and smile at EVERYBODY so if I can't treat them like normal people...
*Note: I'm a highschool student in Cali.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:20 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

Um. Wow. This is pretty darn rude.

Gay people aren't "usually assholes" or hate women. I've never been treated rudely by a homosexual person, ever. That's not to say there aren't rude homosexuals, just that it's not to do with their sexuality - what does one's personality have to do with their sexuality? Sexuality is what you're born with, and a personality is what you create and develop for yourself. Look, there are dicks out there, sure. But that has nothing to do with their genetic traits.
I think you've just had bad luck with people.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:38 am
Hey, have you seen the blind man
In disguise
Looking for his eyes?

I had a homo friend who was a d**k to all women. He was also pretty much a flamer, and I find that most flaming gays tend to be biased towards women. Now I've had my share of boy myself, and I know that if I feel somewhat off towards a woman, it's because I feel threatened by her, but it's usually because of a boy. Like, she has a guy/boyfriend that I think is hot and I'm all like :< gimme. xDD So I'm not sure if that applies in your situation, but there's one possibility.

Some people will also automatically assume they'll be disliked, so they put up a defensive front immediately. This is especially true for people who are, what is considered, deviated from what is commonly accepted as 'normal' (such as gays, people who wear the goth-style clothing, etc).

But like Sugar said, maybe you just have bad luck with people. :/ I usually do.

Hey, have you seen the rain man
Looking to the sky
Begging for sunlight?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 pm
I have several gay male friends and though I've yet to meet one who's inherently rude towards women, I have seen quite a few in the media who aren't to nice to women. :/ As said a few posts up, it's usually when another man is concerned, but I personally don't understand it... There are plenty of guys who I want but can't have because their gay or just in a relationship with other women, but I never b***h out the rival female/male. I just let it go and move on even if I pout a little when I go home that night. But I suppose that many women get fierce too when their crushes are taken/approached so whatevers...

On a side note, sometimes gay man can be a typical man and be far too blunt for his own good. DX I am a total f** hag... >_> I love gay men soooo much and I wonder sometimes if I wasn't born the wrong gender... :/ I wish I was a man dammit. DX Anywho! Back on subject!

Sometimes, my gay male friends will tell me how disgusting they think female genitalia is... >( I'm pretty sure they don't mean to hurt my feelings, but it does bother me.. sad Trust me! XD I'm disgusted with my own body enough without having my gay friends rub it in my face that I don't have what they do...  

Rackenov

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CoyoteXendo

6,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:25 pm
Kori, do you happen to live near a bunch of gay fraternity houses? I just read this thing that says part of gay frat house culture (not all!) is an embracing/promotion of masculinity to the point that they're misogynists... i dunno.... just throwing it out there  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 pm
That is pretty strange.

Mostly because I've never met a gay person that wasn't nice to me. And I've met quite a few.

Xyloid

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:41 am
Rackenov

Sometimes, my gay male friends will tell me how disgusting they think female genitalia is... >( I'm pretty sure they don't mean to hurt my feelings, but it does bother me.. sad Trust me! XD I'm disgusted with my own body enough without having my gay friends rub it in my face that I don't have what they do...

Break away from everybody, break away from everything.

-= xD My friend Nate says stuff like that. He'll be like, 'boobs are cute, but the wet thingy creeps me out.' =-

If you can't stand the way this place is, take yourself to higher places.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:31 pm
There just sexist and it has nothing to do with being gay. You just have a little bad luck if your meeting sexist gay guys.  

Ellen Watermellen

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 pm
I'm sure there are some gay men who hate women for the same reason there are any men who hate women: they've been raised from birth to think of us as objects. Some gay men get "grabby hands" with women but then try to say "it's okay" because they're not sexually attracted to boobs, just… groping women because they can? Again, it's the "objectification" thing.

As for your snide classmate, he's probably just some a-hole.

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games