Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Position?
  Pro
  Con
View Results

Sisemen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:46 pm
Wow! I've read this entire thread and now there are a few things that I'd like to add.
In the United states you stand a better chance of hitting the lotery than you do of getting the death sentance. If you do receive it, there are ten years of appeals to go through, if the appeals aren't carried out in time the sentance is extended. Unless you are Timethy McVae who was executed in less than three years. (The shortest time in the history of modern Capitol punnishment.)
In the year 2004 there were more than 67,000 bills passed into law in the U.S. pertaining to drinking and driving. Russia only had one drinking and driving law. If you were cought, you lost your license for life. If you were cought a second time, it was an automatic death sentance. In forty years Russia never had to put anyone to death for drinking and driving, while here in the U.S. we have the worst drinking and driving problem in the world.
In some Middle Eastern countries the punnishment for stealing is to have your hand cut off and you can do a internet search and find pictures of the people who have had their hands cut off for stealing. One thing you will never find is a picture of someone with both hands missing.
The reason we have overpopulation in the prison system has nothing to do with a need to keep these people off the street, it is because there are millions of dollars to be made. The companies who supply the food, clothing, medical supplies, fuel for heating and anything that I can't even think of to the prisons, are the ones making large "Donations" to the campaigns of our political leaders.
I don't believe in Capitol Punishment the way it is done here in the U.S. In my oppenion If a person is convicted of a crime and is given the death sentance, he should have the right to an appeal. If his appeal is lost then he should be taken out back of the courthouse and shot.
If I were to pull out a gun and shoot someone, I would be denying them of all their constatutional rights. Why should I have ahy rights after being found guilty and loosing an appeal.
In the U.S. we have colleges that pump out more Lawyers every year. This country already has more Lawyers than the rest of the world combined. They spend their time getting the rich out of trouble and making up useless laws like the drunk driver laws that I've already mentioned.
What is needed in the U.S. are a new set of laws, a simple set of laws with strict punnishment.
It pi***s me off that someone standing on the street selling pot gets life in prisson but you never hear about the one who makes millions smuggling pot into the country getting any time.
My best friend Bruce was leaving a bar, a man put a gun in his mouth and blew Bruce's brains out. In court the man said that he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing. Two years later he left prison with a high school deploma and job training. A friend of my brother was going to a concert. he pulled into a cal de saque to pick up some friends. The police stopped him as he was leaving. His friends each had a bag of pot, because it was his car and he was driving he was charged with entent to distribute and sentanced to twenty years. He got out on good behaviur after ten years.
I know that I'll probably get flammed for this post but I felt a need to let some of this out.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:02 am
Sisemen
Wow! I've read this entire thread and now there are a few things that I'd like to add.
In the United states you stand a better chance of hitting the lotery than you do of getting the death sentance. If you do receive it, there are ten years of appeals to go through, if the appeals aren't carried out in time the sentance is extended. Unless you are Timethy McVae who was executed in less than three years. (The shortest time in the history of modern Capitol punnishment.)
In the year 2004 there were more than 67,000 bills passed into law in the U.S. pertaining to drinking and driving. Russia only had one drinking and driving law. If you were cought, you lost your license for life. If you were cought a second time, it was an automatic death sentance. In forty years Russia never had to put anyone to death for drinking and driving, while here in the U.S. we have the worst drinking and driving problem in the world.
In some Middle Eastern countries the punnishment for stealing is to have your hand cut off and you can do a internet search and find pictures of the people who have had their hands cut off for stealing. One thing you will never find is a picture of someone with both hands missing.
The reason we have overpopulation in the prison system has nothing to do with a need to keep these people off the street, it is because there are millions of dollars to be made. The companies who supply the food, clothing, medical supplies, fuel for heating and anything that I can't even think of to the prisons, are the ones making large "Donations" to the campaigns of our political leaders.
I don't believe in Capitol Punishment the way it is done here in the U.S. In my oppenion If a person is convicted of a crime and is given the death sentance, he should have the right to an appeal. If his appeal is lost then he should be taken out back of the courthouse and shot.
If I were to pull out a gun and shoot someone, I would be denying them of all their constatutional rights. Why should I have ahy rights after being found guilty and loosing an appeal.
In the U.S. we have colleges that pump out more Lawyers every year. This country already has more Lawyers than the rest of the world combined. They spend their time getting the rich out of trouble and making up useless laws like the drunk driver laws that I've already mentioned.
What is needed in the U.S. are a new set of laws, a simple set of laws with strict punnishment.
It pi***s me off that someone standing on the street selling pot gets life in prisson but you never hear about the one who makes millions smuggling pot into the country getting any time.
My best friend Bruce was leaving a bar, a man put a gun in his mouth and blew Bruce's brains out. In court the man said that he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing. Two years later he left prison with a high school deploma and job training. A friend of my brother was going to a concert. he pulled into a cal de saque to pick up some friends. The police stopped him as he was leaving. His friends each had a bag of pot, because it was his car and he was driving he was charged with entent to distribute and sentanced to twenty years. He got out on good behaviur after ten years.
I know that I'll probably get flammed for this post but I felt a need to let some of this out.

No flames, I think you're right that the priortization on some of our laws are just plain idiotic. For example vehicular homicide is a much lesser crime than homicide simply because a car is involved. It doesn't really matter if you intentionally ran someone over or accidently, because the car is involved the crime itself is somewhat trivialized. -_-*
Your example is also a very good one, though I'm very sad to hear about your friends (on both accounts). Our legal system has become so complex and so bogged down in techincalities and loopholes that people exploit every one they can find and get away with murder (sometimes literally). If the rules were laid out more clearly in a black and white format, then it would be a lot easier for society to progress since people would understand the reporcussions of their actions.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Sisemen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:57 am
This was on my homepage today and I couldn't pass up posting.

Juries scare me. I don't want to put my faith in 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Monica Piper  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:26 pm
Sisemen
wow there is no need for me to type myall beliefs out I compleatly agree with him 1 quick trile and one appeal you lose both you go and your shot. Nice job I thought I was the only one who felt this way  

kayla1234098

a_sin_for_him

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:06 pm
I remember writting a paper about this when I Was in Highschool!..

I am Iffy on the subject!..
I am Against it i would say... for a few reasons... I read a few good points when doing research...

1. This is just my opnion.... crimes are commited everyday, and people are Wrongfully accused all the time... So, What would happen if someone Was innocent, And Were put to death, for a crime that nobody believed they didn't commit?!..

2. My second point. "you wouldn't rape a rapist, so why kill a killer?"... We've had debates over this quote and yeah, I totally understand what everyone was saying(and what would/could possibly be said in this thread), about the different morals... Rape and Murder are two completely different things, An dI totally get that!...

3. And Now My Last point... Which we didn't have time to discuss, but I think It brings an interesting point to why people would be against capital punishment.... "Why do you kill someone, to show that killing is wrong?"...
I Would love to hear some of your answers to this question!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:36 pm
kayla1234098
Sisemen
wow there is no need for me to type myall beliefs out I compleatly agree with him 1 quick trile and one appeal you lose both you go and your shot. Nice job I thought I was the only one who felt this way

One appeal? Sure thing. That would mean we would have wrongfully executed *only* a few thousand people.

Sounds like a great plan.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:55 am
zz1000zz
kayla1234098
Sisemen

One appeal? Sure thing. That would mean we would have wrongfully executed *only* a few thousand people.

better than me I believe no appeals, get death penalty balif pulls out gun and kills the b*****d on the spot. Cheap, easy, efficent.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:39 pm
The Dancing Ninja
zz1000zz
kayla1234098
Sisemen

better than me I believe no appeals, get death penalty balif pulls out gun and kills the b*****d on the spot. Cheap, easy, efficent.

Either you are joking, stupid or crazy. Take your pick.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:54 pm
zz1000zz
The Dancing Ninja
zz1000zz
kayla1234098
Sisemen

Either you are joking, stupid or crazy. Take your pick.

I choose insanity anyday of the week! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:14 pm
Capital punishment is an iffy subject. The people deserve to live the rest of their lives being tortured, but now days any good lawyer can get you out early on good behavior. Do you really think the man who killed his wife and kids are raped a bunch of innocent children, should be freed and probably with a higher degree of education? So that person could be working or living right next to you and your never the wiser til something bad happens. Prison doesnt change you it just makes you learn to hide better.  

babygurl927

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 am
If capital punishment is cruel and unusual, so is imprisonment. If you murder someone, you should be punished. If robbing someone lands you in prison, murder should definitely get you a needle in the arm.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14 am
Sisemen
gotta love the usa, ******** christ  

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:18 am
I think it depends on each individual case but I don't disagree with the idea of doing it. It is something to be weighed very heavily though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:12 am
Neon~Starshine
Sisemen
gotta love the usa, ******** christ
Yah, I've always kinda felt we should adopt some aspects of Sharia Law.... stare

Half joking, I just agree what Lurichan said at the top of the page here....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas