Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Open House ~* A Survival Horror*~ ( Full)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:46 am
User Image

Jennifer R. Strunk is a freelance real estate agent. She found a hidden market of real estate that has made her millions. She buys and sells haunted houses. Real blood dripping down the walls, wall paper peeling by itself, messages appearing on the floor, haunted houses. Jen buys these little nest eggs and pawns them off on innocent buyers, after a few days they flee scared out of their minds, and she keeps their money, a sweet gig right? She has sold and resold many of these relics several times. There is a neat little clause in the contract; the home owners must reside in the home for a month period before they can sell it back for full purchase price. They never last more than five days. So even if they demand for her to buy it back, she still keeps 35%. Anybody can make money selling a house once, selling it several times, now that’s an enterprise.

Jen found herself the mother load of haunted houses. It is on a paranormal hot spot, anybody that dies with unfinished business , serial killers, battered house wives, murder victims, with in a 200 mile radius get drawn there like a moth to a flame. It is brimming with several very violent departed souls. One night in that house would make any lawyer happy rich stuff head, forget about the cool mil he spent on this mansion. She was quite pleased with this find, in fact she decided to hold an open house for potential buyers, It will be a lavish party with all the fixins,’ she’s going to make the money back quicker than her assistant can say “Shaken not Stirred” to the nice man at the open bar.
But the Ghosties have whole other thing in store for Jennifer R. Strunk and the poor saps attending ,
The Open House.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 am
~Profile Skeleton~

Human Skeleton
[color=Indigo][b][u]Human Skeleton[/u]
Username:
RP Alias:
Other:
Appearance:[/b][/color]

Ghost Skeleton

[color=darkred][b][u]Ghost Skeleton[/u]
Username:
RP Alias:
History:
Other:
Soul object and where it is located:
Good or evil?:
Appearance:[/b][/color]

All profiles will be located in a separate thread. Clicky  

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:06 am
idea  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:03 pm
From miles away, unusual colored lights could be seen pouring from The Trainace Estate.
Far off spectators assumed they were strobe lights set out side of the house.
They were quite mistaken, you see the light was shining from the inside, through the many stained glass windows. Of course the house had to be exceptionally lit. Ms. Strunk made that clear to the house workers. Light was never to leave a room, not even for a moment. Every closet, hollow wall, dark corner had to have light on it. It took over thousands of light bulbs to light every thing to Ms. Strunks' satisfaction. It became tiring for the workers to change light bulbs every day. So naturally every one agreed to change them out every other day.

They didn't know ghosts powers are too weak in extreme light. The workers didn't know each an every one of the other beings were concentrating their last bits of strength to put out one light bulb...The one inside the power box. The one that was slowly flickering to almost dead. It was only a matter of time...For the ethereal beings to be able to shut off the lights, and turn on their own.

The party went on in the main hall upstairs from the basement where the light bulb was striving to live. Jennifer R Strunk worked the room with toothy smiles and convincing gratitude for all who came by. Of course it was genuine, money was involved.
Sara Specs Ms. Strunk's assistant, followed her around whispering the names of the important people in Jennifer's ear, clip boar in hand. Ms. Strunk was terrible with names, maybe it had something to do with the fact the only name she cared to remember was her own. Sara spent the last few months doing heavy background research on all of the most promising prospects that were invited to the soirée. Not an once of information was overlooked, because Ms. Strunk was very strict.

" Over there, that's Miss. Elizabeth Slider President of Slider Inc...She's been running it since the age of Seventeen...Her father passed way so she took over."

" Slider Inc., huh? Well I can sink my teeth into that...She's young too, probably doesn't pay much attention to the fine print. I'm sure the VP probably the one running the show." Jennifer replied through her teeth in a low whisper. Miss Slider was nowhere within earshot, but Jennifer liked to cover all of her bases.

"Well actually Ms. Strunk according to my-"
"Sally! What about that one who is he?"
Sara led out an exasperated sigh, then pretended like she was yawning to avoid the wrath of her boss.

"Uh, That's Vice president Gary Green. He's VP Of A.N.C Advertising."

Jennifer raised an eyebrow. "Haven't heard of him. How much is he worth?"

"Millons..."
"Susan, be a dear and work Miss Slider. I'll Take care of the Big fish. If we do this right, we might have a bidding battle...My purse feels heavier already."

"Right away, Ms. Strunk..."

Sara straightened her powder blue blazer before she approached Elizabeth.

She tucked her clip board underneath her arm as she spoke extending her free hand for a hand shake.

" Welcome to Traniance estate Miss. Slider. I hope you've enjoyed yourself this evening...My Name is Sara Specs, I'm Miss Strunks assistant. We were very flattered that you accepted our invitation...
I was wondering if I could take a moment of your time. To show you around the estate?"

The inflection in Sara's voice was polite sincere and kind as well as the smile on her face. That's why Jennifer hired her, Sara's record of successful sales was rather large. Mostly, due to the fact that she came off as a person that wouldn't tell a lie to save her own mother. Ms. Strunk knew the girl was pure gold from the moment she applied for the job.

Sage Green ambled around the main hall reading a very old looking copy of The princess Bride. A novel her mother used to read to her when she was barely a toddler. She was clad in a modest white sundress, a pair of army grade combat boots covered her feet. Sage caught a lot of scrutinizing glances because of her attire. She didn't notice, and even if she had it wouldn't have fazed her anyway. The boots were her grandfathers who passed way a year or so ago. The dress was her mothers. Sage had an odd habit of keeping mementos of her deceased loved one's close to her at all times.

In her travels across the floor she bumped into people, knocked a few things down, and even caused one gentlemen to spill his drink. Sage wasn't aware of the minor inconveniences she was causing, she was caught in the moment in the book where Westley was bravely defending Buttercup from a number ROUS's.
When Sage bumped into the punch table she decided to stay there for awhile at least until her side stopped throbbing. Her brother Seth Green had been standing by the punch table intermittently pouring shots of a pilfered bottle of gin into his punch cup underneath the table, when nobody was looking. He scowled at his sister, when she bumped the table it caused him to drop the bottle on the floor. He yanked the book out of her hand.

"I am sick and ******** tired of your whole read walking bull s**t Sage!"

His hissed, as he kept the book out of her reach. Seth was much taller than her, she couldn't for the life of her retrieve it from him, no matter how high she jumped.
"Seth, give it back! I won't walk around any more! Just... Come on!"
"You've read this thing a million times anyway... I'm sure you're tired of it by now." Seth replied with a devious smirk as he moved the novel over the punch bowl.
"NO!"
Sage practically jumped on Seth scrambling to reach the book.
" If you keep that up, I just might lose my grip...Oh look it, I just did."

Seth let go of the book...

Kory hid safe from the overpowering light in Sages backpack, which was located in the foyer next to a rack of coats and things of the sort. He could sense the presence of others and the power concentration towards the power box. However he had no idea it was the power box, just that the other were concentrating power to disturb one thing. He was happy he decided to be a stowaway, Sage always had a knack for getting into trouble. He was used to guarding her every move, besides it was going to be fun. Maybe he would even show her his slightly more visible form...
...Maybe... Then we can have fun together like...Old times.
Kory shook the thought away, and prepared himself to pay exact attention to what was happening in order to keep her safe.

lucidVisionOfLife

Questionable Genius

Homicidal Love

Timid Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:27 pm
There were a surprising number of people at this little get-together. This was the first thing Elizabeth Slider noted as her eyes scanned the scene before her. Though she was young she had been to numerous parties, all for different reasons, that greatly resembled this setting. However, Elizabeth, El for short, was there to look at the estate and possible make some more connections for her corporation. Before terribly long an older gentleman came up behind her and took her by the arm, steering her over to a small group of middle aged and older men.

Elizabeth, my dear, I’m so glad to see you made it. Let me tell you, Miss Strunks sells some of the finest houses I have seen in my many years. Well, we all know why I’m here but do tell me why you’re here. A girl as young as you, not to mention single, simply cannot be looking for a house so large. You would be positively alone, even if you did have workers living on the estate. Not to mention how far it is from your office. It would be a treacherous drive in the winter; just image.”

This man was Oleander Cobberwell, one of El’s top associates. He was the owner of a plastic creating, shipping, processing, and everything else that goes along with the plastic business, of OC Corp. Since El was in the business of military weaponry and distribution they had been good “friends” from the get-go. This particular evening he was dressed in one of his favorite brown tweed suit from only God knows how long ago. As was typical with this man, there was a heavy lingering of garlic on his breath. El had yet to decide whether he was superstitious of vampires or he just liked garlic a lot because the smell was always hanging off of him in an intoxicatingly thick aura.

Oh well, enough about this lovely building that you obviously aren’t interested in, let me introduce you to some of my best, and youngest, associates. Starting from the left, this is Clyde McEal. Clyde here is the VP of…”

When Oleander mentioned these were his youngest associates El could barely keep her eyes from rolling the back of her head. Mr. Cobberwell was always attempting to set her up with one of his associates. He always said it was because he cared about her well-being and that one of these unions would bring Slider Inc. to the “peak of corporate power and legacy”. Then again, El really had no idea what he was talking about most of the time since he spoke to hear himself. After Oleander began introducing El to everyone she stopped listening. The corners of her lips were slightly turned up in a smile and her eyes were always focused on the group. This was the only way she would ever make it through one of these parties.

As the conversation droned on El would occasionally chime in to make it seem like she was actually paying attention to what was going on in the posse. Oh how the young woman wish to simply tell Oleander that she wasn’t looking for any new associates at this time, much less a boyfriend. Then again, Oleander would have her skip over the date and go straight to the wedding. Though it wasn’t a much desired thing, El found herself chuckling inwardly at the thought. Good ol’ Mr. Cobberwell.

Suddenly her saving grace appeared in the form of a woman named Sara Specs. With a slight upturn in her smile El gladly took her hand with her trademark firm handshake. Or at least she considered it a trademark. One thing that El noted was how standing by this woman made her standout slightly, as unfortunate as it was. The woman’s powder blue blazer seemed to fit in with the rest of the party, but El was dressed in a very youthful fashion. Her dress pants were a deep black with deep indigo pinstripes which could be brought out by being paired with her deep indigo dress shirt. However, over this shirt the woman wore a short black vest that hugged her body in the most flattering of manners. El’s fashion stood out in a very predominate way given the company she was in. Then there was her face, it wasn’t helping her blend in at all. Her short, chopped blond hair was hanging down in whatever manner it like. There was a sheer pink lip gloss adorning the skin and her eyes held a rocker’s smoky black eye shadow.

This little saving grace was becoming more and more appreciated as Sara offered to show El the estate. Perfect, this was the golden excuse for getting away from her “future associates”. Turning to the group El whispered to Oleander that she was going on a little tour and that she would be back soon enough. After saying her adieus El turned her attention back to Sara.

I would love a tour. Please lead the way.”

Her voice was even with an obvious layer of confidence – something she had developed after working with men for the past few years of her life.

With a disgruntled sigh Micheal scanned the scene of the party. El had forced him here and, even if he could sneak away, there was always the impeding memory of the burlap sack. There were the typical pompous tightwads that usually attended such events but it made Micheal wonder why El would ever come to one of these. It was that damn role she was now forced to play. Oh well, sooner or later he would find a way out.

In an attempt to entertain himself Micheal headed over to the punch table for some refreshments. As he poured himself a drink he caught a glimpse of a young little beauty. Her odd apparel caught his eye all the more and the book she’d tucked her nose into had him stuck. Damn. Maybe he would try to catch her eye, but in his dress pants and blue button-down shirt there was little to no possibility of him catching her eye with his looks. Sighing slightly, Micheal looked away in time for a small quarrel to begin between the woman and a boy considerably younger than she was – much less himself.

He kept an eye on the tussle out of the corner of his eye, mostly on the girl though. She seemed desperate to get her book back, but the boy was too much of a challenge. With a cruel sense of humor the boy released the book over the punch bowl. Seeing how distraught she may become, Micheal reached out his slightly inked hand and caught the book over the liquid. Sidestepping the boy he gently handed the book to the girl.

The Princess Bride, nice choice. Personally, I enjoy the part where Westley defends Buttercup from the ROUS’s, but that’s just me. I suggest you keep a tighter grip on this little treasure, it would be a shame if something happened to it.”

His smile was kid and his eyes were honest. It seemed like all of his attention was focused on the girl, looking her straight in the eye. However, Micheal was also focused on the little brat that was now behind him. Then again, if the boy tried something he would be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

It was difficult…with the lights in the house all being lit she was quickly losing power. In an attempt to separate herself from the cursed beams she headed outside into the moonlight. So much better, the lights weren’t near as powerful out there as they were inside. A translucent form of her appeared on the lawn, her soft white dress gentle fluttered in the cool breeze. Giving her rag doll a gentle squeeze she looked back at the house, she wanted to be there with all the other people. She wanted to dance with someone and she wanted to have a friends. But life had passed her by all too quickly and now she was stuck as the figment of someone’s imagination. Tender tears rolled down her cheeks, no one would even know her story.

03 One-on-One RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games