SPOILER ALERT! REN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilmints4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:46 pm
lilmints4life Wrote:
So for those of you who are constantly updated, you know that Ren has passed away in a car accident while he was on the phone with Hachi. In this last scene, he names Hachi's unborn child Satsuki. His death makes no sense because in chapter 42 page 18, the fireworks event (a foreshadowing) with the older band members and six-year-old Satsuki includes a part when they ask about when Ren is showing up (isn't he dead?). Does this mean Ren wasn't really dead? Look for yourselves...and tell me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
San Wrote:
You are wrong. Ren is Satsukis brother ( living with Takumi )

I'm not sure why the post I made was locked, but I'd like to clarify a misunderstanding. I'd like to make very clear that I have no intention of criticizing or defaming Ai Yazawa. She is my idol. I am irrevocably obsessed with her. I'm into fashion, Vivienne Westwood (more so Alexander McQueen), but really, she is my hero and my love. So please don't think that I posted that to pick out silly problems. I admire her work and hold her in the highest respect. I'm a die-hard fan--I've read her books since Marine Blue no Kaze ni Dakarete and I have read Nana since the birth of the series. I love Ai Yazawa, arguably more than anyone I've ever known. I am simply curious about this and I'd like to open it up for debate.
If you look closely, it definitely says that "Ren is always late". Satsuki was born first, and the child Ren was born second so if Satsuki was only six, how is it that Ren could "get there" on his own? I'm pretty sure the band members were mentioning the older Ren. Please. Reread the actual book before you make your comments. I respect you as the crew member, San. I posted this for discussion and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong given the proper evidence. I don't like to say that Ai Yazawa made a mistake.
Finally, if this post upsets you, San, I sincerely apologize. If this is inappropriate, I also apologize. I hope this can generate an interesting conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:53 am
Post it here.

Locked again.  

Brainafk

Official NANA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out