Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writer's Fiction Guild

Back to Guilds

I know its title is writing, but we also offer art and videos. All forms of creativity welcome. 

Reply Main Forum
Silence in the Dying

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saline Everwood

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:03 pm
This is a rough draft.I just came up with this. It was inspired by the songs Forgiven and Frozen by Within Temptation so if you ever get a chance listen to the songs.

I give you a warm smile. A small smile graces your lips as you smile back. Right then the door swings open banging against the wall. You, your mother, and I jump at the sound. Standing at the entrance is your father in one of his drunk tempers. I quickly look at you. Fear dances in your eyes. The sound of your fathers footsteps and voice reaches my ears.

"You finally back home you brat."

I run in front of you spreading my arms out, shielding, protecting you. I glare up at the dark haired man. A growl escapes through my clench teeth from the back of my throat. I dare him with my eyes to make a move. How stupid it is of me to challenge the man.

"Out of my way you filthy b***h of a whore," he says knocking me to the side.

I slam against the glass coffee table. Glass shatters all over the floor. The smell of blood reaches my nose. I let out a whimper from the pain. Blackness starts to close around me. The last thing I hear is your mother screaming, "STOP! STOP IT!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
When I wake up I find myself in a hospital room. I blink my eyes a few times from the brightness of the light. I sit up in bed and look around the empty room. I feel a sort of emptiness inside me. Suddenly I hear crying from outside the room.

Crawling out of the bed I make my way to the door into the hallway. Nurses and doctors walk by going about their business. At the end of the hallway I see your mother in the arms of a doctor trying to comfort her. Why? Why is she crying? I make my way to her with renewed energy.

"I'm so sorry," the male doctor said.

I look towards the door they're standing in front of. Making my way to the door I look inside. There you are laying peacefully on the bed the heart monitor dead. I let out a gasp. NO! I walk across the room making my way towards you. However it seems like I'm moving as slow as a snail. As if time has started to crawl. When I get to your side a let out a shaky gasp. You have so many cuts and bruises. This is the worst I've ever seen you. A tear escapes from my eyes but I quickly wipe it away. Crawling into the bed with you I bring you into to my arms. The coldness of your skin seeps into me. No. No, you can't go. You can't leave.

"Lorinda," someone calls my name. "How did you get in here?"

I ignore the voices as I start rocking us back and forth. Tears stream down my face escaping from closed lids as memories assault me. Memories of how you use to smile so brightly. You were always there for me. You were the strong one. I was never alone. Then the day came of your older brother's death in that accident. You walked away with cuts, bruises, and a couple of broken bones. Even though it was the other drivers fault for driving drunk you father blamed you. He blamed you for everything bad that happen since that day. Most of all he kept saying it was your fault for his favorite child's death. Everything became your fault. He would beat you when your mother wasn't home. You quickly believed him and started to become broken. That's when I quickly walked into the picture. It became my turn to be the strong one to protect you. It was my turn to be there for you. I took the beatings, the blows, the insults all for you. Did I ever mind? No, because I was protecting the one I love.

"Lorinda," someone says shaking my shoulder, pulling me out of my memories.

Anger sparks inside of me. I want to scream, hit something. Most of all at you. Never have I ever been angry at you until now. You've given up and left me all alone. I know I should be happy because you're in a better place and don't have to deal with the cruelty of this world. However you've left me behind just like everyone else.

I feel the touch of hands on my arms. I tighten my grip on you. The hands pull my arms away. Someone from behind me grabs onto me and pulls me away from you. I start to kick, scream, and throw punches.

"LET ME GO! YOU CAN'T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!"

"Lucinda stop. Please stop," I hear your mother say. "She's gone. She's not coming back. Mikayla is gone, never coming back."

That's all it takes for me to collapse into a pile of heap on the floor like a rag doll. Tears start rocking, shaking, shuddering throughout my body. The feeling of emptiness and coldness takes over. I should have known this would happen. If I did this wouldn't have happen. You would still be alive. How was I to know.

I don't know how long I'm there. I actually don't remember much. Everything has actually been blurry ever since then. Day and night and everything else seems to merge together and become one. Nothing stands out any more. Except the day of the funeral. The one good thing about it is receiving the news that your father was convicted to life in jail.

However when night comes that's when the pain become unbearable. Memories are always assaulting me. When I sleep I'm always dreaming of you. You're somewhere else a lot more happy than ever before. You're smiling and happy again. And you're there with your older brother and my family waiting for me. I always slip more into the coldness because of that dream. It's because of those dreams I want to take my life to end the pain and be with you again. Yet I know you wouldn't want that. However you don't know how much I needed you. You were all I had left to hold onto. Everyone close to me had died leaving me alone. And now you're gone too. That day when I lost you wasn't the day I just lost someone else close to me. I lost myself, a soul mate, a lover, and most of all a best friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 am
We will, we will. . .

I read this before and don't see how you could get inspiration to write this from those songs. I mean, I get the ending, but oh well.

Question, though, that I was confused on.

Is she a lesbian?

User Image
. . .Rock you!

The Mysterious Gunslinger

Saline Everwood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:11 pm
The Mysterious Gunslinger
We will, we will. . .

I read this before and don't see how you could get inspiration to write this from those songs. I mean, I get the ending, but oh well.

Question, though, that I was confused on.

Is she a lesbian?

User Image
. . .Rock you!

I'm a very weird person and can get insperation from almost anywhere.

Anyways to anwser your question, yes she is. Most stories I write about is about a man and women and there's a happy ending. So as I was writing this I deciced to do something different. I hope I anwser your question.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games