Nature: Docile
HP: 29
Attack: 19
Defense: 13
Sp.Atk: 21
Sp.Def: 17
Speed: 15
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember

I need some Team advice, and moves and nature they should be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 am
When it gets to be a blaziken you should focus on the physical attacks (because it's Atk is going to be better).
So something like this....
Blaziken
-Fire Blitz
-Super Power
-Thunder punch/Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
Thunder punch if you can get it on him if not then swords dance to raise your attack.

Give me a few hours to think up a team- I haven't made a team for ruby in a long time.  

Nikitia

Char-Broiled Toboggans

Invisible Friend

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 pm
Nikitia
When it gets to be a blaziken you should focus on the physical attacks (because it's Atk is going to be better).
So something like this....
Blaziken
-Fire Blitz
-Super Power
-Thunder punch/Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
Thunder punch if you can get it on him if not then swords dance to raise your attack.

Give me a few hours to think up a team- I haven't made a team for ruby in a long time.

Dude...Blaziken can't learn ANY of those moves in Ruby...

Anyways...I could take a crack at this. This would be the final team BTW.

Name: Blaziken
Nature: Docile
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Mirror Move
Rock Tomb
Slash
Sky Uppercut

Name: Pelipper
Nature: Calm
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Protect
Mist
Attract
Hydro Pump/Fly

Name: Aggron
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Iron Defense
Double-Edge/Take Down
Surf
Earthquake/Iron Tail
Item: Ganlon Berry

Name: Grumpig
Nature: Calm
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Psychic
Light Screen
Magic Coat
Calm Mind
Item: Choice Band

Name: Banette
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Insomnia
Moves: Shadow Ball
Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
Knock Off
Destiny Bond
Item: Salac Berry

Name: Blissey
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seismic Toss
Ice Beam
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Item: Leftovers

Granted the Blissey would be hard to get, but getting it should be helpful, just stay away from Physical Sweepers.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm
Interesting...i was going to get Ruby tomorrow and start it with Torchic! o_O  

kevinvan1996

Nikitia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 pm
I'm sorry I haven't played ruby in a LONG time -__-. You sure it can't learn Fire Blitz? *goes and checks online*
Btw kevin mudkip is the better of the starters...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 am
Yeah Nikita, I'm pretty sure Flare Blitz is a 4th gen move, not 3rd gen  

Char-Broiled Toboggans

Invisible Friend

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100

lilharper

Devoted Lover

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:15 am
it is, but atleast it can relearn fire punch  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 am
Nikitia
I'm sorry I haven't played ruby in a LONG time -__-. You sure it can't learn Fire Blitz? *goes and checks online*

wow like you need to stop judging teams like that. you may use that on your team, but just lay off. its our teams. not yours.  

N0tExClusive

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:07 pm
wakky22
Nikitia

wow like you need to stop judging teams like that. you may use that on your team, but just lay off. its our teams. not yours.

She was informing him which is the better Pokemon overall. Not demanding he change his decision and use Mudkip instead. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 pm
gamefreak41495
wakky22
Nikitia

She was informing him which is the better Pokemon overall. Not demanding he change his decision and use Mudkip instead. stare

wow like u guys judge pokemon based on their skills? wow u guys are awfull. my way is just to go with it. not all marriland theories and crap. its just not fun when u do that.  

N0tExClusive

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 pm
wakky22
gamefreak41495
wakky22
Nikitia

wow like u guys judge pokemon based on their skills? wow u guys are awfull. my way is just to go with it. not all marriland theories and crap. its just not fun when u do that.

In-game, I don't really care much for competitive value either. But in an actual Metagame battle Swampert is better than Blaziken. And battling others with an actual strategy is much more fun than simply using the strongest moves the Pokemon learns and hitting the opponent.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:14 pm
gamefreak41495
wakky22
gamefreak41495
wakky22
Nikitia

In-game, I don't really care much for competitive value either. But in an actual Metagame battle Swampert is better than Blaziken. And battling others with an actual strategy is much more fun than simply using the strongest moves the Pokemon learns and hitting the opponent.

exactly.  

N0tExClusive

Teams

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces