Good or Bad?
  Good.
  Bad.
  Indifference.
View Results

bittersweet world girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:09 pm
xX-PIKA-Xx
i personally like black lipGLOSS but not the lipstick its just to bold for me and i think it only works if you have barley any make up on your eyes same with brite reds for me anyways and i am soo happy i finaly have a black lipgloss that doesnt make my teeth look yellow at all well i mixed it but still hot damn

same thing here, and i think ppl shouldnt wear it unless they like not cause its in ....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:42 am
black fingernails is a mainstream already.
the black lipstick wont be such a hit but you will see it regular on the streets. why not, it isnt goth written all over it, you cant say "all black is goth"  

Nik Ballion

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:18 pm
I read a mini-article in Vogue about that... Something about the Chanel makeup counters trying to push black and dark purple lipstick. I like the idea, but I don't think it'll catch on, either. People are way too insecure to wear bold makeup like that.

I found a sheer black lipstick I like, though. It looks awesome with purple eyemakeup.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 pm
Aren't trends fun?
I really didn't think black nails would catch on, but somehow it did. So why not lipstick, not that I wear that particular shade. Fashion is always changing no matter what, wear what you like even though it may be in at the moment it won't be latter on, you are still who you are just bear with it keep doing what you like.  

Whisper Gently

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:08 pm
XWraith_LordX
lola_siannodel
Goth as a whole is becoming popular now-a-days, but I doubt black lipstick would be big in the mainstream.

Besides, it hardly ever looks good. Just like bright red lipstick, it only looks good on certain people, and in photographs.
I bought a tube once from MAC...it made me look like a vampire prostitute. eek I never wear it.

(Don't let my avi fool you, I'm a girl.)
I know what that's like, I have only found 2 lipsticks that look good on me, everything else (Even light pinks) usually makes me look very strange.
Oddly, one of them is this dark red almost purple color that's somewhat similar to MAC Cyber I picked up on a whim...

I've a had alot of people compliment it... It's the only time anyone has every said anything look nice on me, it makes my skin look 'alive' apparently. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 am
Personally, I haven't worn black lipstick since middle school. I am apparently one of those people who can pull of the scandelous shades of lipstick, including black as well as the dreaded bright red shades. I prefer Fantasy Maker's "Vampire Red" which is somewhere between red and black, without beinig brown at all. Right now I have a current love of dark purple, which i'm actually having a lot of trouble finding. Like Candy Bomber said, it's actually being pushed more in the cosmetic industries, so hopefully i'll be able to get ahold of some soon.  

Satan on Speed

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:03 pm
I hope it doesn't become mainstream. I hate black lipstick. Looks ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:40 am
I've had issues with black lipstick in the past, but i think it has mostly to do with context. When I wore it while working in a haunted house I got called "hot" by every young male that went through. When I tried to wear it outside during the day it just looked ridiculous.
Also I can't abide the yellowing effect it has on teeth. I have healthy teeth and it makes me look like an old smoker. I'd love to know if there was a shade/brand that didn't do that.

I have found that Black lipstick with a coating of sheer lipgloss over it looks absolutely smashing in photos, especially if you amp up the contarst afterwards. I can see where it would be an asset to the modeling/advertisement industry.  

NewAgeAntique

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:51 pm
I don't honestly care about how it looks, I wear it anyways. Fashion changes a lot, so there's no need to really worry about it being mainstream  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff