Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Sequel 2011 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which rebooted character did you like the most?
  Kirk
  Spock
  Scotty
  McCoy ("Bones")
  Sulu
  Chekov
  Uhura
  Pike
View Results

Doctor Bonez

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:39 am
I would personally love to see some Yeomin Janice Rand and Kirk action.
Also I'd like to see something with Christine Chapel.
Uh, I think it'd be fun to have them do a whole new enemy. I mean, we have one episode with Khan and one movie with Khan... and personally, I really don't think anyone else could play Khan quite like the original. There is no way to do him justice.

I think some 3D chess would be awesome too! LOVE 3D chess.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 am
Oh just one thing I'd like to see happening in the sequel (besides no Spock/Uhura) is...

GREEN SHIRT heart heart heart heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Image  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm
Matt Pniewski
carma91
I haven't seen this posted yet, but it's been confirmed that the release date (for now) for Star Trek XII is going to be June 29th, 2012. Zoe Saldana has said that they'll probably start filming around this time next year.

It seems like so long from now, but if that's what it takes to get a good sequel out, I can wait. And plus, it's easier for me to go 'Only one year until they start filming!' because even though they'll probably be way more careful with leaks and stuff than they were last time, just knowing they're filming it will make me excited. Plus I'll admit that whenever pictures come out with Zachary Quinto with his half eyebrows, I'll be really excited.

Here's a source: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11/star-trek-sequel-gets-a-release-date-nothing-else/

I'm old fashioned, and think they should have a script before they have a release date. All this means is it's being pushed into production before it's ready.

That depends for all we know they may have the script already written that follows the Enterprise into their first mission. I'm hoping for a brand new story but as of right now I'm seeing a movie centered around a time travel scenario perhaps with the Guardian of Forever, to either Spock Prime's era and save Romulus or merely a repeat of the first movie where they save Vulcan. The second scenario is the least likely.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:20 am
ilikeike

The smooth head klingons are explained in Enterprise. When the Klingons experiment with Augmented DNA they create an epidemic (viral) that makes smooth head Klingons. They don't speak off it because it's an embarrassing failure that included using human DNA. Very demeaning to Klingons.

this is also explained rather well in the new StarTrek Online game. as well as how they cured it too.

i thought they did it all rather well explaining the cause of it. As I happened to miss that and most episodes of Enterprise  

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100

Curtis25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:46 am
I am a huge , longtime Star Trek fan. And my fvorite series is TOS. Everyone told me that I wouldn't like the new film. That seemed to be the trend. That if you where a huge fan of TOS then you wouldn't like the movie. But I guess I am the exception to the rule cause I LOOOOVED IT. Absolutely the best ST film that has ever been made. I for one will refuse to watch a sequal that is not an original script or story. i want all of the old stuff thrown out. No and I mean absolutely NO Khan remake. If they don't use an original stroy I will not watch the sequal.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 pm
I agree with Curtis but I would not mind to at least seeing Khan in the next movie. However it would definitely have to be only a small role, similar to the TOS episode where they found Khan but they get rid of him quicker and continue on with the story. Its obvious that the next movie will be during or immediately after the 5 year mission and to follow the pre-existent story line there going to have to use some of the missions from TOS to correlate the two. They probably will not be exact but will be enough for the TOS lover to notice and get that feeling of nostalgia, along with the feeling of another Star Trek movie. I'm only guessing but if this alternate reality follows similar rules to the mirror universe from the TOS episode "Mirror Mirror" I think that's where were headed.  

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:02 pm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/trivia

YES!!!
NO KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:09 pm
Eh, but they are talking about the Borg.... Not that I necessarily have a problem with the Borg being brought in Earlier in the Tangent-Verse, I just think they got Kinda overused since First Contact came out.... Once that was a hit, every other episode of Voyager featured them....  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:24 pm
Yeah, since I am only on the second season of Voyager I don't really mind Borg. I'm also still wondering about Shatner appearing in it, now that they have considered it. It might be a good idea, but then again, they do want real actors now.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm
I think something involving another attack of the tribbles would be pretty darn amazing. XD I can see it now, reboot characters fighting for their lives against tribble after tribble. XD Sooo worth it.That or pimped out Klingons. mrgreen  

jinx_at_luv

T_Megami

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 am
No Khan
No Borg
and please! No more Spock and Uhura.

I think Abrams did a decent job with the first movie. They have a whole new alternative universe to play with. Hopefully they can think of something new.
I'm in agreement with the poster who said why not take a break from the "action". But then again, I like V'ger too. LOL.

I'm not a big fan of politics, and I HATED the way they villified vulcans on Enterprise but maybe something to with the fact that Vulcan is completely gone now.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff