Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Black Knights the Official Code Geass guild

Back to Guilds

code, geass, official 

Tags: Code, Geass, Lelouch, Rebellion 

Reply The Britianic Empire
Do you think Code Geass and Gundam were too similar?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuro Kamiya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:26 pm
*ITS LIKELY THAT THEIR WILL BE SPOILERS ON THIS THREAD, SO IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH THE SERIES'S YET, IT ISN'T GONNA BE AS GOOD WITHOUT SPOILERS*
Similar to giant robot fights, someone justifying another person's way of peace ,military stuff, "secret weapon" (Lancelot,Guren=Gundams) , mechanical wings, etc. I don't know how to make a poll so bear with me, either answer with a yes, no, I don't know, or in between.
I think its in between because Code Geass has more suspense (with all those twist and turns on the storyline) and a more plot driven story.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:14 pm
lol

Oh yes. Which Gundam? If you're comparing Code Geass to Gundam SD... I am laughing right now.

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Kuro Kamiya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:02 pm
SirBaka
lol

Oh yes. Which Gundam? If you're comparing Code Geass to Gundam SD... I am laughing right now.

Any! The original one with RX-78-2 (I got a picture of it on my profile check it out, its the white robot) , spinoffs, manga's etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:21 pm
Sora18351
SirBaka
lol

Any! The original one with RX-78-2 (I got a picture of it on my profile check it out, its the white robot) , spinoffs, manga's etc.
You say "any" but then point out a specific one...
Which one man!?! Which one!?!

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

Kuro Kamiya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:10 pm
SirBaka
Sora18351
SirBaka
lol

You say "any" but then point out a specific one...
Which one man!?! Which one!?!

Dude I pointed out a specific one (the original anime one) then the anime spinoffs, and manga spinoff/s, then etc its called, uhhh....-pointing out something or saying random stuff and not having an explaination.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:53 pm
in the way that they fight in like big robot machines yes but in every other way i find them completely different ninja  

Blood sucker55

Sexy Pervy Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm
I found it more as a Gundam and Death Note fusion. It has Gundam-like technology and the suspence and drama of Death Note.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 pm
Patamon of Hope
I found it more as a Gundam and Death Note fusion. It has Gundam-like technology and the suspence and drama of Death Note.

Same here.
Yet, This anime turned out better than both imo.  

ContemplatingDeletion

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Hayash1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:33 pm
Gundam + Death Note fusion. Lelouche is Light Yagami who didn't turn into a douchebag p***k master at the end (=  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:08 pm
Niceril
Gundam + Death Note fusion. Lelouche is Light Yagami who didn't turn into a douchebag p***k master at the end (=

no disrespect but *slap*are you MAD!?!
I have yet to finish gundamn but I have seen all of code geass and R2 and read death note.

gundamn is a 'for the sake of peace we fight' contradiction like suzaku(ONLY suzaku)

death note is a show/manga about a insane yuppie with a god complex and his rival which is an annoying tea sipping emo looking child. and as for plot it is "Light:what is 'L's name so I can write it?!?" "L: is light kira?" FAIL!

code geass however is an intense plot focusing on a royal who abandoned his throne made a contract with a 'witch' for the power to control minds, after that he tested his power's limits endlessly and used his power to fight his own family for his own sake and his sisters. I honestly see reflection in any of the three other then "giant robot fighting" in gundamn and code geass. also if you want to classify all mech shows as the same then "Zoids" and many MANY others are all the same.  

hyena_of_leisure

Shameless Man-Lover

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tycoon 200

ryukoinu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 am
Hmmm...Code Geass and Gundam series are similiar in the way that the mecha is used, sure, but CG had way more drama and plot twists and lots of stuff happening besides the mecha battles. XD It could easily have done without the mecha battles, if you think about the plot...the giant robots just let it happen in a more grand scale! blaugh I haven't watched very much in the Gundam series except for Gundam Wing, and sure, the Gurren and the other models resembles the mecha of old...but the story's more than just the mecha, which I am happy for, since I'm not so much a mecha fan and am in it for the plot~ Lulu sure didn't fail me on that end. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:15 pm
I, personally, am sick of this comparison. All my friends watched the first episode, said "animes with giant fighting robots are stupid", gave gundam as an example, and walked away. Code Geass is completely different. The knitemares were there only to make the battling more fluent with the storyline. I mean, come on, try recreating it with modern warfare, or midieval warfare, it just doesn't work. The knitemares were a must, but don't compare them to other mech shows. You're not doing Code Geass any justice.  

Blaze1616

Unwritten Duck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:28 am
The only similarity I see in the series is how Suzaku Kururugi and Kira Yamato, from SEED, could be swapped and you wouldn't be able to tell much difference.

I've always like to think that Kira would have turned out the same way as Suzaku if Lacus had been killed.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:20 pm
thts a hard one, there like the same but gundams r alot stronger  

ll-iiRawrYew-ll

3,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The Britianic Empire

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers