Murder in the Moonlight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 am
A/N: This is a story I co-wrote with a buddy of mine. It was originally a roleplay.

Murder in the Moonlight

There she was, Alystryna Dreamstrider in all her glory, standing in the middle of the large intricately designed room. She was there for one purpose and one purpose only; to kill. The man she had been sent to kill had a murderous background and it was time that his killing spree be put to an end. She took a few seconds to gaze around the room, admiring the expensive statues that lined the room. With a slow stride she walked across the room, her tight and skimpy outfit flaunting her curves, yet leaving something to the imagination. The blue cloak, lined in gold, whipped behind her; the hood covering her cold blue eyes. As she was walking through the room, her eyes set dead ahead of her to the darkness of the following room where the man slept. The man lay fast asleep under the soft, thick covers, his dreams troubled by the faces of those he had killed, for in truth, he did not choose to kill them, but had been forced to, with the threat of the murder of the one he loved. The bastards had murdered her anyway, and the man had lost his mind afterward, proceeding to slaughter everyone that stood in his path, on a road to vengeance. After he killed them, his sanity came back, and he ran into hiding, trying to lose the world, lose those that would seek retribution for his crimes. Then he woke to the sound of a creak in the floorboards.

He shot upright in the bed and looked around the room. He noticed a strange shadow, but was too tired to pay much attention to it. He laid his head back on the pillow, and attempted to sleep. She was standing there at the foot of this man's bed, her figure swallowed up by the surrounding shadows. He had looked at her and time had stood still. He was as handsome as ever but a murderer none the less. The job had to be finished. Slowly, she pulled the dagger from the small of her back and quietly moved to the side of the bed. She was standing over him, the dagger raised above his heart, ready to be plunged straight down.

The man noticed a small beam of light on the wall, and knew that it was the reflection of a metallic object. He loosened up the muscles in his arm, and waited for the right moment. He suddenly shot up out of the bed, knocked the dagger out of the woman's hand, and leaped at her, knocking her to the floor, his right hand at her throat. He reached into his boot with his left hand and pulled out a dagger of his own, and gently pushed it against the woman's right temple, just enough for her to get a feel of the blade. Then he took a good look at her, and almost dropped the blade. She was amazingly beautiful, and the way the moonlight hit her face took his breath away.

"s**t." She cursed under her breath as she was knocked to the ground. She saw the look in his eye, the way he looked at her and knew she should take advantage of the situation. Most men after all were caught off guard by her appearance, her beauty. Smirking, she shoved the man off of her and sent him crashing into a wall. The dagger fell from his hand and landed into hers. Walking calmly over to him she pinned him to the wall with one hand, the dagger pressed against his throat and she whispered. "Come now, you really think I'm that stupid? Poor you. You'll learn a lot tonight before you die then. And I'll make sure to take my time killing you..." She grinned and locked her eyes onto his. A click resounded throughout the room. The man had a .357 Magnum pointed almost point-blank at her abdomen. He grinned back at her.

"You are a fool after all. Did you really think that a man in my position only carried one weapon? Now be a good girl, and drop the knife, because this baby is always loaded. Ever seen what one of these will do to a human body?" He smirked at her, still in awe of her beauty, but seeing the tough as nails, cold-hard-b***h personality in her eyes. "Well? I am waiting."

"Oh, you're going to fun to kill." She grinned and laughed softly. Spinning him around in her arms, she held him against her, his back pressed against her chest. Her arm was around his throat and she dropped the dagger. Grabbing the arm containing the gun she twisted it until it dropped forcefully from his hand and landed on the hard wood floor with a loud ‘thud.’ Smirking, she clicked the heel of her right boot against the ground and out popped another dagger. The dagger flew the air only to land in her right hand. The arm around his neck slid downwards and pinned both of his arms to his sides, the dagger once more rested against his neck. "Good girl? What am I, a ******** dog? Sorry sweetheart, if that's the case then you have me confused with yourself." He suddenly burst out laughing, his head thrown back.

"You are a bigger fool than I thought." He stomped on the ground, and the board flew up, hitting her in the head. He took the opportunity to wiggle out of her grasp, grab the gun off the floor, and point it at her head, staying far enough away that he could pull the trigger if she rushed at him.

"You have been a worthy adversary. But I am afraid that this game has come to an end. If you move, then I will be forced to plant one of these amazingly deadly rounds into your skull. And that would be a shame, taking such a beauty out of this world. Now, who are you? And why have you assaulted me in my own house? And I suggest you not lie to me."
She felt the board hit her head and chuckled softly. It didn't faze her, people had done much worse to her and she had the scars to prove it.

"Alystryna Dreamstrider at your service. And as for why I assaulted you? Easy. You're a murderer and I took it upon myself to take you from the world. A pity too because you are rather handsome. Oh well. I suppose there are others out there." She snickered and watched him, the dagger still in her hand. She knew that if she could aim and time it right she could send the dagger towards him and hit the floor before the gun went off, though she wasn't sure if she wanted to take the risk. He knew her intent. After all, she was not the first person to try their hand at righteous murder.

"Go ahead. Throw the dagger. Do you really think it will work? I have made this house, especially this room, for times like this. And I have meticulously trained myself for dodging. As soon as that dagger leaves your hands, I can move, it will hit me in the shoulder, and the trigger shall be pulled. And as for my murdering, you obviously haven't heard the whole story. You heard what the media wanted you to hear. If you drop the knife, I shall tell you. Or maybe I won't. But either, you will drop the knife, or I will shoot it out of your hand" He then pulled out a second Magnum from a secret pocket in the back of his jeans, and pointed it at her hand. She sighed and rolled her eyes. She had obviously underestimated him. Dropping the dagger to the ground she stood there.

"Ok, spill. I want to at least know the full reason why I'm going to kill you." She smirked, still not giving up. She would kill him, that's why she had been sent here and she would not leave until her job was done. She smiled her sweetest smile and took a chance. She turned her back on him and walked over to the bed. Plopping down in the edge of it she turned back around to face him once more.

"Going to shoot me for moving?" She snickered once more at the taunting comment. He narrowed his eyes, but put one of the guns away, keeping the other at her head. He pulled over a chair, and sat down on it.

"I do not remember the name of the group, but they had kidnapped my fiancée, and threatened to kill her in a most painful way if I did not take out certain targets. After taking out those certain people, out of spite, they killed her anyway. It pains me to even think about it." He closed his eyes, and shuddered before opening them and continuing his story.

"I went insane with the loss. I went on a rampage to find the bastards responsible, but got carried away, and slaughtered countless innocents. By the time every member of that gang was dead by my hand, I realised what atrocities I had committed, and fled. I had vowed never to kill again, unless forced to. So I hid myself from society. But every now and then, a would-be killer shows up, and tries to take me out. They are all buried in the backyard. I have prayed for their salvation in whatever afterlife they believe in. And now, not a day goes by when I do not see the faces of those poor souls, and they haunt my dreams at night." He lowered the gun, and bowed his head, a tear rolling down his face. "I am a monster. Maybe I do deserve to die."

"s**t..." She muttered to herself. "I'm not a would-be killer. I have killed countless people who deserve to die. You though? I can no longer say for certain if you deserve to die or not." She stood and slowly walked over to him. She easily pulled the gun from his hand and tossed it onto the bed. She wrapped an arm around his shoulder and wiped the tear from his cheek. She knew if she didn't kill him they would come after her and kill her for her failure. At the protection of her own life she pulled the last dagger from her belt and walked behind him. She lifted his head back and pressed the dagger to his neck.

"Forgive me..." She hesitated a moment...He had been waiting for that moment, slid the chair back, knocking her against the wall, drawing the other gun he had put away, and pointing it back at her head.

"As much as I appreciate your sympathy, I cannot allow you to end my life. I do deserve to die, but not at the hands of you. If a family member of one of my victim’s attempts to kill me, then I will let them. But you are not, so therefore, I suggest you leave my house now. Leave and I shall not follow you. And next time, when you want to slit someone's throat, make sure they are not sitting in a chair with wheels. As I said, you are a foolish, would-be killer. No matter how many people you have killed, Alystryna, your name is unfamiliar to me. However, my name is one whispered among many people. You may have killed countless people, but your numbers pale in comparison to mine."

"Actually, my dear sir, you -did- kill a family member. Maybe you don't remember her though? She was one of your first victims, one of your first innocents that you killed. See, not only was I sent here to kill you by someone else I also came for my own personal reasons. I figured if you were going to be killed who better to kill you then the sister of one of your victims. However, I'm still not sure you deserve to die..." She knocked the gun from him, kicked the chair out of her way, grabbed him by his throat and flung him effortlessly onto the bed. While he was in mid-air, she was making her way over to the bed, and when he landed, she was on top of him, pinning his arms above his head. He smirked, bit down on the capsule within his mouth, and spat in her eyes, blinding her for a few seconds. He then slid out from under her, and sat on the small of her back, taking the dagger from her hand and pointing it at the base of her neck.

"I apologize for that. As I said, I had no idea of my actions. But I will tell you this. I remember her. Oh yes, I remember her. Though she was beautiful, she was not as you are. And she fought. Oh, how she fought. I still have the scar on my shoulder from her. And if you are not sure that I deserve to die, why do you keep trying at it?" Alystryna blinked for a few seconds waiting for her vision to return. At the risk of cutting herself she moved to the side. Reaching behind her she pushed him off of her back and on to his. She turned around and sat on his hips.

"Don't move. Please." She ripped the shirt from his chest and her eyes fell to the scar. She stared at it as a few tears ran down her cheeks. Lifting her right hand up she lightly traced the scar with her fingertips, smiling at the fond memories she had with her sister. Her free hand came up and grabbed the dagger from him.

"Hold still." She placed the dagger on his chest and smirked at him. She pressed hard and drew a straight line down. Watching the blood flow freely from the cut she just made she tossed the dagger to the side and watched as it hit the floor. He smiled at her actions, knowing that she forgave him.

"I could have got it removed. But I let it sit there as a personal testament. As I shall keep the one you have given me. Now please, leave me to my wallowing. I cannot stand this. But I truly am sorry for your sister. Her face is the one that haunts me the most. She stands next to my fiancée', and asks me why. They both do." He slowly got to his feet, tears flowing freely from his eyes. He looked out the window, at the moon and the tears seemed to increase. She watched him quietly and sighed softly. She was going to be the White Knight again and it would more than likely get her killed, though at this point she really didn't care. She pulled him into her arms, she held him loosely as she dug for something. A few seconds later she found it, a small piece of cloth. She pulled him tighter against her she pressed the cloth over the wound she had caused, letting it soak up the blood.

“I thank you Alystryna. No one has shown me kindness in a long time, and you are someone that wants to end my life. How ironic.” He turned to look at her, his soul falling deep into her eyes. A peculiar feeling came over him, one he had not felt in ages. He came to realise that yes, he had fallen in love with Alystryna Dreamstrider. He leaned in to kiss her, and was surprised to find her soft lips pressing against his. Then there was a soft pop. He opened his eyes to find a look of shock on her face before she collapsed into him. There was a gunshot wound on the left side of her head. Someone had sniped her. Then there was another pop, and a searing pain exploded in his own head. As he fell to the ground, the last thing he saw was Alystryna’s face, and he smiled, before his eyes closed forever, finally finding peace in death.

© Copyright 2007 Redtail Rathan (FictionPress ID:445333). All rights reserved. Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the written consent of Redtail Rathan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:42 pm
I cannot find anything wrong about this story. It is amazing beyond all the ways I can express my interest. I enjoy how the plotline was made and the hesitant actions of these two character greatly supported the suspense. I swear, I was biting my nails reading the last few paragraphs. I compliment you.  

Joonbong

Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff