Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
WHAT AM I???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ray of Mel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:41 pm
Hey,
I am a pagan i know that much, i follow the tripple goddess closely and the horned god on a secondary level. I believe that these two gods are the two energies in the universe and all gods are different sides of them.

I have performed some successful magic with little to no tools (having obly a knife a crystal pendulum and a candle) already and have vowed love and service to these two gods. but alot of what i do is based off of personal intuition and minimal information on wicca and celtic witchcraft.
do i fit in any catigory?
following a path is so much easier if there is somthing to light the way  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:54 pm
Ray of Mel
i follow the tripple goddess closely and the horned god on a secondary level.

How do you know it's them?

Quote:
I believe that these two gods are the two energies in the universe and all gods are different sides of them.

Even gods like YHVH (who is an exceedingly jealous and "doesn't play nice with others" type of god)? Or perhaps gods and goddesses who contradict each other by their existence? And why soft polytheism as a general question?

Quote:
minimal information on wicca and celtic witchcraft.

...Celtic... witchcraft? Where did you get this information? Always wise to check sources, yanno? 3nodding  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:18 pm
Ray of Mel
i follow the tripple goddess
Which triple goddess? Is it a triple goddess or a triune goddess? Is it a form of Modalism? Perhaps it's Social Trinitarianism? Trinitarianism? Tritheism?

And what is her name?

Quote:
the horned god on a secondary level.
Which one? What is his name? By what means have you tested him in order to ensure that you are not dealing with an infernal being, or a Satan etc?

Quote:
I believe that these two gods are the two energies in the universe and all gods are different sides of them.
The joys of soft polytheism.
A few questions:

How does your world view account for the fact that gods have killed each other in accordance with the different traditions that they imparted?

What steps did you take to come to terms with the fact that your god has raped your goddess?

What ethical guidelines do you hold when addressing traditions wherein the deities have expressly rejected you as an individual from their flock for reasons differing based on familial lineage, personal and social habits, your lack of experience within a given set of mysteries etc?

Quote:
I have performed some successful magic with little to no tools (having obly a knife a crystal pendulum and a candle) already and have vowed love and service to these two gods.
Why would you vow love to beings who rape, murder, steal and reject you?
Quote:

but alot of what i do is based off of personal intuition and minimal information on wicca and celtic witchcraft.
What measures have you taken to actually research the numerous and varied magical traditions of the different Celts?
Quote:

do i fit in any catigory?
Currently? Soft Polytheistic Eclectic with a hint of what reads as Unearned Entitlement to other cultures.

Not too much of a shock. Until you get into more scholarly sources, racism in the form of entitlement and privilege are very common in the Eclectic scene- it makes it easier to justify the use of material that doesn't belong to them in order to make themselves feel special.

My final questions are these:

What steps have you taken to ensure that you are worshiping actual deities and not Deity Shaped thoughtforms?

What steps do you intend to take in order to avoid having your path cobbled with the stones of racism?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games