Reply Fiction Subforum
Tau fiction- hybrid

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:37 pm
I would like help on coming up with a Tau/Human character for a game.

The basic background is that during their constant scermishes one human from the Varrias 132d decided to go too far in humilating a tau female (it's a dark twisted universe after all) she did blast a hole in her attacker when he let his guard down.
She shook off the incident and kept fighting like a good member of the firecaste. Only to discover far to late she had a kid.
Now most tau couplings are overseen by the etherals, they are paired on the bases of their genetics and natural skill, but tau born on the battlefield do happen, she named the father as one of her male comrades that died for fear of shame and of losing the child.
While he appeared as a normal firecaste tau at birth just a bit taller when he hit puberity that all changed.
He developed human physical traits, and his hertiage was discovered. Not one to waste resources the Etherals do not kill him on the spot. They are coldly logical. So long as he does not taint the Tau further, they are fine with letting him exist. although he gets all the suiside missions.

sound good?
oh he needs a name too.
anyone who can suggest anything here is wellcome to post  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm
Humiliate, as in sodomize? I doubt that hybrid species can exist, seeing as the genes need to be 100% the same for something happen, otherwise Jenna Jameson would've given birth to a horse or dog hybrid by now.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:56 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Humiliate, as in sodomize? I doubt that hybrid species can exist, seeing as the genes need to be 100% the same for something happen, otherwise Jenna Jameson would've given birth to a horse or dog hybrid by now.

ya know I never figured out what sodomize was before now. Now I feel bad for posting anything even remotely related.
hmmm... I should tell you my throught process...
I was reading chaos marine fluff, and I came across the fluff for the Slannesh group, and I thought "damn if their universie is this F***ed up no wonder there's all these mutants"
I also came across half-ork minitures for 40K from a long time ago.
and I play a tau army with human auxilries.
this all added up...
I'm trying to come up with a hybrid character, I don't care about stats but I need fluff refinement. meaning I posted it on here.

so there are three routes to creating a hybrid in my mind.
willing parents (add in romantic stuff that doesn't fit 40k)
genetic engineering: this might be likely by heritics...

Actually you know what I'm going with human heritics within the Tau empire attempting it (to inflitrate the Tau ranks, because Tau are dulled to the warp they needed to ratchet up the sensitivity)
It makes me feel better for writing it that way, and I can cut slannesh out of the deal all together.
Good Riddance to him/her/it/ohmagodwhatisdat

thanks for snapping me to my senses Kaori.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:49 pm
Wow, Vikki preaching common sense and prevailing? My little girl is growing up so fast.. crying  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:17 pm
blaugh

anyway I thought of how I could work the entire bit out togeather.

The main character is still the result of a human and a member of the fire caste, though the exact how and why are left to the reader's imagination.
What is known is his father's division, and indeed the planet of Vashun 3 falls to chaos.
The Tau being Tau try diplomatic soloutions for years not realizing they are no longer dealing with the Imperum.
Then the current Chaos Lord decides to expand onto the Tau held planet Vasun of 1 and so a war begins.

Our poor hero is thrown right into the first wave of the Tau counterattack.
The story is not Good Vs Evil but Order Vs Chaos  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:02 pm
Which is more or less the same really. Order being good and chaos being bad. Plus the Tau aren't going to keep diplomacy up for years, even they put pressure behind things and don't get caught unaware, at least not after the Damocles Gulf crusades any more.

But again, inter-species reproduction is impossible, because as has been mentioned before, the genetic levels of the male and female need to be 100% the same, with a 0,000000000000000001% space for difference in genes. It might be better to have a human fight alongside the Tau as a Gue'Vesa or as an inducted Fire Warrior, having earned a place amongst their ranks.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:11 pm
actually the Gue'vesa works better, (why I posted it here) I was writing it from the Tau Empire point of view, they claim to have tried negoating for years.
in reality there was little in the way of negoation, it only bought time for an arms buildup between the two sides, and it only lasted for months. the Tau simply claim otherwise on their "public announcements.
But they assumed they were dealing with imperals, chaos are sneaky like that.
chaos defied the calculations of the tau, because that's exactly what chaos does.

REVISED
the main character Jacob was born among a human ghetto around Vesra 1 his mother was a Quesling, one who not only accepts the conquering army, but attempts to immitate them. He was always taught the Emperor is the ruler of the old human imperum, not a god. actually this might give me a chance to show what civilan human life is under a Tau regime.
Anyways the fast track to advancement for one's self and one's children is the Gue'Vesa millita, his father enlisted, now he is reaping the benifits, though ritualized combat (The trial of fire) he moved up to Gue'Saal (meaning Human Student) which is in effect the military equlivlent in rank to a freshly trained firewarior cadet. Thus he accompanies a firewarrior squad in the first wave of the counter attack.
However he can see and hear some of the horrors the Tau cannot. He sees the psychic aura and can feel the chaos corruption where the Tau cannot. Jacob is not a psychic, but his senses tell him more than the Tau sensors.
Jacob uses Tau made Carapace armor and a tau rifile, unlike the Tau he is decent in hand to hand, having to survive human ghetto gangs where hand to hand is common and carries a steel harchet instead of a cerimonial bonding knife like the rest of the squad.
Other characters: The Shais La: they are your normal Tau troops, Jacob names them Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta so he can tell them apart. while they look the same they do have diffrent things that set them apart from one another.
Alpha is a lover of weapons and an admirer of military hardware
Beta is a know it all, and knows info on places, people and ideas, she paid attention in history class. When confronted by the question "who is the emperor anyway?" she simply shrugs
Gamma is reliable but too curious for his own good, in response to beta's question he interjects "I wonder if he talked with Aun'Va they might get along"
Delta is your standard Tau partot. He tells gamma to shut up and stop thinking so much, that's the job of another caste.
Shas Ui Varus Tol: their commanding officer this Tau is still slightly pissed that Jacob beat him in the tiral of fire. Jacob broke his jaw during the fight.

Shas O Tau'n Doran Cha: their head commander/general he is strapped for troops but has a lot of hardware availible, and so must conscript humans and other races into his army. even if it means placing a few where they are not usually placed. Jacob for example plays a role simmilar to the team pathfinder.

The Tau are depicted as ordered and structured, and chaos as, well, chaos. But no side is good or evil, chaos is unpredictible, and does exactly what you don't expect. The human followers are drawn to chaos because of Tau opression.
Tau buildings are lifeless things of order, their arcitecture has no personality, humans in the Ghetto often "spruce them up" adding grafiti, adornments, whatever suits them, the same way kroot customize their quarter of the city.
Jacob comes to a conclusion over the course of the story, wether he's right or not is unknown. Humans are all unique, simmilar at times, but unique, that many unique minds at once, that is the source of chaos when they work as one, that is the source of order. The tau are weak in the warp because they are not as mentally unique as humans.
"the warp affects the mind, the mind affects the warp"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am
Lt. Brookman
Which is more or less the same really. Order being good and chaos being bad. Plus the Tau aren't going to keep diplomacy up for years, even they put pressure behind things and don't get caught unaware, at least not after the Damocles Gulf crusades any more.

But again, inter-species reproduction is impossible, because as has been mentioned before, the genetic levels of the male and female need to be 100% the same, with a 0,000000000000000001% space for difference in genes. It might be better to have a human fight alongside the Tau as a Gue'Vesa or as an inducted Fire Warrior, having earned a place amongst their ranks.
Liger.
Mule.
Cama.
Wolphin.
Spider goat (produces spider silk instead of milk).

Just a couple examples of hybrids, both natural and synthetic, with a -lot- more variation than that. Without being controversial, I'll just say that there's a pretty wide gene variance within the human race itself, with a 0.1% variance.

Wolf, if your character -is- the successful result of a hybrid, it's almost 100% likely that he's sterile, but for the sake of a story, you could probably find a way to argue it.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 am
hmm... you know what bookman, you just gave me what I was looking for.
someone to tell me I wasn't crazy for thinking of it.
he is obviously sterile, that's why he's still alive, he's a good soldier and cannot polute the Tau genetics further.

I always have more ideas and need to pick one

Nice Ways:
1st: firewarriors usually respect their foes, for one it went much father than respect. During a peaceful mission the bodyguard to a watercaste diplomat found herself drawn into the strange chaos of the human hive city.
When she returned to the ship she was carrying child.
2nd. members of the Gue'sva millita and Tau Firewarrior caste were housed near one another due to lack of space in the tau city of Vel'aui. Things happened, a couple of firewarriors and humans were made to repent for "selfish actions" and that was the end of it.
then came baby

regardless the child is an abnormality, and suffers from a few genetic disorders, they include.
Tau pharamone system is retarded, does not always move or think in sync with others.
He has a stronger warp presence than other Tau
is completely sterile.
has some hair
omnivore instead of herbivore like other tau

his guy started as a member of a Tau Kill Team game. but I never fully developed his background

I realized he doesn't have a name....
I listed him as Mont' Tau.

maybe I'll pay someone Gaia Gold for a portrat  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:27 pm
There's a few good artists in the guild, try checking out some of the older threads in the Chatterbox, people tend to post their art there.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers