Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hippeh Panda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 pm
How do you feel about them?

Don't quite catch my meaning?

Emo, Goth, indie.

How do you feel about people who try to turn a genre of music into a style of dress?

Personally? I can't stand it in the least. However I make a very very slight exception for a more traditional goth, though they still annoy me.

Anyway discuss as you see fit, just a general query.

Don't believe me Emo is a kind of music? Check out this website. X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:40 pm
i dont see why it bothers anyone. there are sub-culture for just about everything.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:06 pm
On This Night
i dont see why it bothers anyone. there are sub-culture for just about everything.

Who was talking about sub-cultures? She was talking about turning music genres into dressing fashions.

I think it's actually quite okay, because it gives people individuality in what clothes they wear.

But if you meant like how people dress up someway, (emo for example) without even listening to the music, I think that sucks. Somehow I think it's kind of like lying to people.

I wear the clothes I wear for a reason, and it's simply to signal people that I listen to metal, more of the extreme subgenres.

EDIT: Also, don't mind if I'm unclear about something, or didn't understand you. I'm tired right now smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:47 am
its usually music + its associated style that makes up a sub-culture though  

A B Up Start

Hippeh Panda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:44 pm
Hmm, I guess my phrasing was a bit lacking wasn't it?

How do you feel about a genre of music being stereotyped with a fashion trend and/or personality. Whether or not the stereotype is correct?

My problem with it arises when the people who are blank genre don't actually understand the music that they're trying to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:20 pm
Oh, you mean like, "That guy listens to emo, so he cuts himself?"

That's bullshit, I mean I have several friends who listen to metal but are really very peaceful and patient people.  

Ferrum Sanctus

Wicked_Luck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:43 pm
I don't know how you could tie a genre of music to a type of person....I can only speak for myself, but it would be pretty hard to classify me because I listen and like just about everything!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm
Ferrum Sanctus

That's bullshit, I mean I have several friends who listen to metal but are really very peaceful and patient people.

blah, i hate what emo has become. nowadays its basically little 14 year olds blindly following stereotypes.

emo, short for emotive hardcore or emotionally driven hardcore punk. it started in the 80s as a sub-culture of punk and is usually defined by hardcore music with emotional lyrics. examples of true modern emo bands are alesana, dance gavin dance, and silverstein.(minus their album arrivals and departures which was more post-hardcore at best.)

whiny lil scene kids need to be curbstomped.

P.S. this is on this night. its not letting my main post in here O.o  

A B Up Start

Hippeh Panda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:00 am
8-Bit Monsters
Ferrum Sanctus

blah, i hate what emo has become. nowadays its basically little 14 year olds blindly following stereotypes.

emo, short for emotive hardcore or emotionally driven hardcore punk. it started in the 80s as a sub-culture of punk and is usually defined by hardcore music with emotional lyrics. examples of true modern emo bands are alesana, dance gavin dance, and silverstein.(minus their album arrivals and departures which was more post-hardcore at best.)

It's not letting your main in here, because I blocked you. You have been nothing but rude and immature to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:20 am
H ippie P anda
8-Bit Monsters
Ferrum Sanctus

It's not letting your main in here, because I blocked you. You have been nothing but rude and immature to me.

O.o didnt i simply disagree with your stereotypes?  

A B Up Start

Hippeh Panda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 pm
8-Bit Monsters
H ippie P anda
8-Bit Monsters
Ferrum Sanctus

O.o didnt i simply disagree with your stereotypes?

I didn't say you'd been so in this thread, simply that you had been. Now please, leave me, and my threads alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:00 am
thats kinda immature. "you dont agree with me, so i'm blocking you."  

A B Up Start

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:41 am
Oh please, stop copying whatever she says and use it against her.
Also, you were immature. As for an example, you took her physical age into a debate, using it against here, even though it has nothing to do with anything you were debating about.
I'm also going to block 8-bit monsters.  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff