Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold anyone ?.?
  YESH!!!
View Results

Sautana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:04 am
Ok so its almost time for schooll and my books have become thicker and hevier OHH NOOOO. I was thinking of buying a gothy bag that would fit most of my books unfortunatly I havn't found any... so I've decided to make my own.... But I don't know where to start. I need a bag thats both gothy and sturdy any suggestions XP  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:47 am
You could by a leather messenger bag sturdy, water proof fits your books and you can goth it up.

Also...

#BACK TO SCHOOL, BACK TO SCHOOL,
TO PROVE TO DADDY I'M NOT A FOOL,
I GOT MY LUNCH PACKED UP,
MY SHOES TIED TIGHT,
I HOPE I DON'T GET IN A FIGHT,#  

Rellik San
Crew

Spike23080

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:46 am
Well you could use a black duffel bag, but you will prob end up going thrue alot of s**t for it. I mean alot of s**t for it, but I loved my duffel bag. Holeds alot and lasts a prity long time.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 pm
I suggest a messenger bag.
I plan on getting one and just COVERING it in stitches, buttons and keychains in a variety of sizes and colors.  

SADERR

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:45 pm
"Quick And Dirty Messenger Bag"

Materials:

1 3ft long (1 yard) by 15 inch wide piece of fabric.
2 13 inch long by 5 inch wide pieces of fabric.
1 6ft long (2 yards) by 6 inch wide piece of fabric. (you can sew 2 one yard strips together to make one 6ft piece.

(i suggest heavy black denim, or black cotton canvas as your fabric of choice....of course, leather is nice, provided you live near a raw leather store or saddle shop. A heavy fabric lasts longer than most of the flimsy crap they sell in most fabric stores.)(you will only need 1 yard of fabric for this project as most fabrics are sold in 59 to 60 inch widths, so this almost leaves you enough material to make 2 bags if cut correctly)

tools:

Scissors, tape measure, thread, needles, sewing machine, ect.

Assembly:

A.
To one end of the largest piece of fabric, attatch the two side (13x5) pieces of fabric starting at the top of either side of the 3ftx15in piece of fabric and sew along the length until you reach the ends. Fold the main fabric over the ends and continue sewing along the entire length of the side panels until you reach the end of the side pieces. At this point,after sewing along the entire length of the side panels and main shell, the bag will be inside-out. Take the extra time to add stitches to the top corners of the mouth of the bag and at the bottom corners. If using a machine, run a few extra lines of stitching along the sides and bottom for added strength and durability. Turn the bag outside-in at this point, and add extra stitches to the corners and bottom corners of the newly made bag.

B.
Take the 6ft x 6in wide strip of material and fold in half lengthwise and sew along the open side until closed. at this point you could either 1. leave it as it is and attatch it to the bag. or 2. Take a long stick, rod, clothes hanger wire, ect. and turn the strap piece inside-out to hide the seam. or 3. double fold the material together so the seam is "hidden" while you sew along the entire length of the 6ft piece.

C.
Attatch (sew) the ends of the strap to the top middle (mouth of the bag) of the side panels. Double sew to assure strength.

D.
Closures: gotta have some way to secure the flap on your bag. you can use velcro, snaps, buttons, toggles, straps, ect. use your imagination.

Accessories:
This is the creative part...add saftey pins or rivets to the corners and bottom of the bag for looks and strength. after that, the world is your creative oyster. Paint, stamp, embroider, tattoo, pin the bag to your hearts content. or not....if that is what you wish.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look, this bag is easy to make (let me stress the word EASY) a blind man with no hearing can make this bag! My daughter can make this bag and she's only 4 years old. You can add/subtract material to make this bag as big, or as little as you want to. this is about a 2 hour project (less if using a machine) and so simple, even a caveman can do it...

(pattern making)

easy as pie for this project, take poster board and draw the dimensions of each piece of the desired bag upon the poster board and cut them out. This will assure that you will not have to stress too much about making the bag from scratch. (this is mostly for future reference, bags do eventually wear out with use, and having a pattern stashed away in the closet correctly labeled will save you a lot of worry in the future)(ya it's a good idea to describe the project on the pattern so your mom doesn't throw it out by accident)

I stress pattern making for all your projects because you never know when your handiwork will be wanted by friends and relatives. If you have a basic pattern somewhere on file, you can either remake it for them or make copies of the pattern to give to them for their own personal use.

have fun my freaky darklings....

Keevan,  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:22 am
Thanks Keevan Draco

VERY NICE gonna start look for the materials XP  

Sautana

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:03 pm
you're very welcome......

the genius of this design lays in the fact that once you have a grasp of making it the first time, you can experiment with the design and create even more unusual bags. Eventually, i plan on creating a pattern for a DIY coffin backpack that takes only a couple of hours to build. I have a basic plan, but i have not decided on one huge long zipper to close the lid of the bag, or a drawstring top with a flap that folds over it to resemble a coffin ...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:27 pm
Keevan Draco
you're very welcome......

the genius of this design lays in the fact that once you have a grasp of making it the first time, you can experiment with the design and create even more unusual bags. Eventually, i plan on creating a pattern for a DIY coffin backpack that takes only a couple of hours to build. I have a basic plan, but i have not decided on one huge long zipper to close the lid of the bag, or a drawstring top with a flap that folds over it to resemble a coffin ...

sounds like a good plan ... Good Luck biggrin  

Sautana

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:31 am
if you can find big enof cardboard you could always make a coffin bag  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items