Will Draco die? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aci Dixinic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Basil_Hallward
Plausable, seeing as Greyback's goal is to have werewolves reign supreme I doubt he plans to be Voldemort's lapdog forever. I think he is planning to revolt but I think he would wait untill there are so few wizards left that taking them over would be a cake-walk.
But something/someone might change his mind about waiting, and he could turn traitor at a moment when he thinks Voldie is going to be defeated, or when he is somehow vulnerable.
Or he might go on strike because of a lack of baby burgers. gonk

I read Stealing Harry and Laocoon's Children, and thats what gave me the idea for:
'Acidic Cynic"
or even Pettigrew (wanting to be the next Dark Lord).

Hmm, does Cissy seem the type to do it?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:00 am
The Dementors also strike me as having slightly larger aspirations than Voldemort.  

i_heart_ron

Basil Musible

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:46 pm
Acidic Cynic
But something/someone might change his mind about waiting, and he could turn traitor at a moment when he thinks Voldie is going to be defeated, or when he is somehow vulnerable.
Or he might go on strike because of a lack of baby burgers. gonk

I read Stealing Harry and Laocoon's Children, and thats what gave me the idea for:
or even Pettigrew (wanting to be the next Dark Lord).

Hmm, does Cissy seem the type to do it?

Narcissa is a actually an interesting thought since she is obviously fed up with Voldemort, all she needs is a little nudge and I can see her revolting, she isn't too afraid of going against his will either since she seeked Snape even though she was told not to tell anyone.

Peter is also possible. I don't think we have seen the last of our friend Wormtail, when he starts talking back to Snape in Spinners End we see he might be growing a spine. If he ever gets hold of some self confidence he could also be a threat to Voldemort.

I don't think Greyback is all that stable, mentally, and also a bit twitchy (at least when I picture him in my head) so I could see him jumping the gun.

i_heart_ron
The Dementors also strike me as having slightly larger aspirations than Voldemort.

They don't strike me as loyal either. I think the only reason they moved to Voldemort is, like Dumbledore said, he can give them more pray. They must be somewhat intelligent if they can understand English (in the form of orders at least) and can form an organised hunt. So they deffinatly aren't trolls. Interestingly, I couldn't find an entry on them in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:07 pm
Basil_Hallward
i_heart_ron

They don't strike me as loyal either. I think the only reason they moved to Voldemort is, like Dumbledore said, he can give them more pray. They must be somewhat intelligent if they can understand English (in the form of orders at least) and can form an organised hunt. So they deffinatly aren't trolls. Interestingly, I couldn't find an entry on them in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

I'm not certain they ARE "beasts," or "beings," for that matter.

We certainly know very little about them, other than what Lupin told Harry, and Jo's immensely vague answer in a Canadian interview that they do not breed, but simply grow, "like a fungus," in places where there is decay.  

i_heart_ron

[Ernie]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:31 pm
Hoshit. I haven't been here for like, ever.

Anyway...

I'm not totally sure if I think Draco will die or not. However, I've got a few things to point out:

* I agree with Acidic on the DE mutiny, to an extent. I don't think they'll go all-out, let's-all-desert-Voldy-poozle. I just think that if Voldemort kills the son of one of his most loyal followers, the other DEs with children may start to feel fearful for their own kids.

* Voldemort NEVER said he would kill Draco if he [Draco] failed to carry out his mission.

HBP, American Hardcover Edition, pg. 34
"Then I am right, he has chosen Draco in revenge!" choked Narcissa. "He does not mean him to succeed, he wants him to be killed trying!"

However, one cannot rule it out as a plausible reason for Voldemort to try to kill him anyway. Though, the deed was done. Draco's mission was to kill Dumbledore, and while Draco did not do the killing himself, Snape did, and so Voldemort got what he wanted. I don't think he'd kill Draco for not doing his own job. Probably Crucio him a bit, but not kill.

---> [off-topic] - To me, the dementors are spectors of fear and death. They seem to be fear 'personified', so to speak. When encountered by a dementor, people get very frightened, and lose all hope. The Dementor's Kiss has been described as 'worse than death', something many are scared of. What's scarier than death if not something worse than death?

I have a feeling Voldemort will be victim of a Dementor's Kiss. Harry has to kill him, yes? It isn't exactly killing someone to give them a Dementor's Kiss, and I honestly don't think Harry will have the capacity to kill even Voldemort. Also, Voldemort remains ignorant and defiant of the fact that death is not the worst thing that can happen to him. OMG topic idea o__o - [/off-topic] <---

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm
I think the assignment of that mission to Draco was as much an arbitrary-outcome loyalty test as it was an ostensible punishment-waiting-to-happen.

I say arbitrary, because it's dependent on an outcome that isn't necessarily causal. See Lucius' role in Operation Prophecy-Grab. Involving him in this mission was a calculated risk, because not only had Lucius survived and thrived among LV's ostensible enemies, but he'd also lost Voldemort a Horcrux. Is he still loyal to the Dark Lord? His loyalty is (logically) completely irrelevent to his odds of success, but his failure somehow "determines" that he is not quite as faithful as he once was.

Same with Draco: he talks big, but is really an unknown quantity. Much, much, much more importantly, he's an example waiting to be made: the very first member of the third generation to be considered for Death Eater membership (and possibly accepted into those ranks). A lot of attention will be paid to this precedent.  

i_heart_ron

billiejoeblowjob101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:27 pm
yes i think he will die. i htink it's just destiny cause he's... i dunno... i'm not much in the mood for debate but i'm sure he'll die in the next book.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:17 pm
My thoughts are that if Voldemort can find NOTHING for Draco to do, or if he really doesn't trust him, then he might kill him. Voldemort isn't one to kill his followers lately, as he has very very few of them. Oh, this is definitly a tough one. Something tells me Draco most definitly won't die in the 7th book, at least not by Voldemort's hands.
Draco has developed much more in this last book, and will during the 7th. He will probably have to do something else for whatever.

A nice little plot twist would be for him to work for Snape, not letting anybody really know what side he is on.  

AugustWolf

JewelWoods

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:32 pm
i_heart_ron
I think the assignment of that mission to Draco was as much an arbitrary-outcome loyalty test as it was an ostensible punishment-waiting-to-happen.

I say arbitrary, because it's dependent on an outcome that isn't necessarily causal. See Lucius' role in Operation Prophecy-Grab. Involving him in this mission was a calculated risk, because not only had Lucius survived and thrived among LV's ostensible enemies, but he'd also lost Voldemort a Horcrux. Is he still loyal to the Dark Lord? His loyalty is (logically) completely irrelevent to his odds of success, but his failure somehow "determines" that he is not quite as faithful as he once was.

Same with Draco: he talks big, but is really an unknown quantity. Much, much, much more importantly, he's an example waiting to be made: the very first member of the third generation to be considered for Death Eater membership (and possibly accepted into those ranks). A lot of attention will be paid to this precedent.

i totally agree with i_heart_ron on this one.  
Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff