Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The New Rocks or the Dr Martens?
  New Rocks
  Dr Martens
View Results

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:49 am
So, Should I buy the New Rock 10 Eyelet boots with the steel cap?

User Image

or the Dr Marten 14 Eyelet boots without the steel cap?

User Image

they are both around the same price so that isn't an issue, I just need help deciding.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 am
tough choice... i must say the second pair.  

M0LLEE am I

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:50 pm
The Doc's will probably last you longer, though, I personally dislike the contrast stitching around the sole.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:52 pm
GilAskan
The Doc's will probably last you longer, though, I personally dislike the contrast stitching around the sole.

Yeah I'm not fond of it either. Why do you think the new rocks won't last as long? they are meant to be made of damn good leather.  

Shadowed Intent

Spike23080

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:27 am
I would have to say New Rock, black usaly gos well with alot of things. Unless you already have a pear of black boots. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 pm
Shadowed Intent
GilAskan

Yeah I'm not fond of it either. Why do you think the new rocks won't last as long? they are meant to be made of damn good leather.

New Rocks have good materials and good construction, and will definitely last 3+ years, but Docs have a reputation for their sturdiness. I know people who have been wearing the same pair of Docs for 10 years. The leather is scuffed and laces had to be replaced, but otherwise, they've hardly broken a single stitch, even with pretty regular usage.  

GilAskan
Crew

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 pm
GilAskan
Shadowed Intent
GilAskan

New Rocks have good materials and good construction, and will definitely last 3+ years, but Docs have a reputation for their sturdiness. I know people who have been wearing the same pair of Docs for 10 years. The leather is scuffed and laces had to be replaced, but otherwise, they've hardly broken a single stitch, even with pretty regular usage.

Oh, well 3+ years is fine for me, I wouldn't want to be stuck with the same pair for 10 years. What I am also interested in is comfort, do you know how comfortable the New Rocks are?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:57 pm
frist pair is way better and cooler  

pain of lust

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 am
Ok, decision has been made, New Rocks are the winners! 3nodding

Now I just need the damn money... sweatdrop  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers