Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
rant about work and fluffies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

liantha-ray

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:12 pm
First let me start off by saying hi again, I have been away from Gaia FOREVER it seems but getting a degree tends to eat your life, now on to the rant

I see my fair share of fluffies every day. I work at a "metaphysical shop" It would be called a magic shop but since it is located in Alabama it would take about 20 min for some overzealous bible thumper to set it alight. The other day I had a embarrassingly low moment. I had a younger looking girl walk up to me and ask "so like how to I fly?" *facepalm* We sat down and had a nice chat about how "flight" can be seen as a metaphor...

Has anyone else met a fluffy in person who did or said something that made you just want to bang your head against the wall?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm
liantha-ray
... it would take about 20 min for some overzealous bible thumper to set it alight
Usually the overzealous types don't care what you call it.

Are you being over dramatic?

Quote:
Has anyone else met a fluffy in person who did or said something that made you just want to bang your head against the wall?
Do you think there would be a guild dedicated to rehabilitation if it didn't bother us?  

TeaDidikai

liantha-ray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 am
TeaDidikai
liantha-ray
... it would take about 20 min for some overzealous bible thumper to set it alight
Usually the overzealous types don't care what you call it.

Are you being over dramatic?
Quote:
Do you think there would be a guild dedicated to rehabilitation if it didn't bother us?

I wish I was being overly dramatic. The time it would take to act may be a bit over stated but the reaction I am afraid may not be too far from the truth in some cases. In the past there have been other shops in the area that have marketed themselves as Magic shops that drew people there to "save our immortal souls" and break a few windows. The shops that market themselves as "Metaphysical" have gotten much less press and therefor much fewer of the overzealous converters. You do have to take into account that we are located in Alabama and thus the proverbial buckle of the bible belt.

As for the question about fluffy behavior, I was looking to see if anyone wanted to share an experience in person. Its one thing to watch fluffies run amok online, it is quite another to see someone proclaim themselves a demon god of conquest in person.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:11 pm
I was at a pagan shop called the Magick Cauldron yesterday picking up some stuff, and somebody called the shop and asked if they were offering magical bikini waxes.

MAGICAL BIKINI WAXES.

The whole store rofl'd.

I live in Texas, we call them metaphysical shops, too, except the Magick Cauldron, which is in the really liberal, quirky, and LGBT-friendly part of Houston. So they can get away with it. Generally most metaphysical stores cater to a variety of spiritual paths, including Native American spirituality, Christianity [mostly Catholics], Buddhism, Goddess-centered spirituality, Hinduism, etc. And fluffies.

What really irks me though is that I always get called things like "sweet girl." I'm eighteen and definitely look it or older, and I know I'm an ex-fluff but do I really have "white-lighter" written on my face? Sheesh.

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 pm
liantha-ray
The time it would take to act may be a bit over stated but the reaction I am afraid may not be too far from the truth in some cases.
Those qualifiers make me wonder.
Quote:

In the past there have been other shops in the area that have marketed themselves as Magic shops that drew people there to "save our immortal souls" and break a few windows.
Breaking windows and burning things to the ground aren't the same thing.

And why shouldn't they try and save your soul? You're going to hell, it's their charge by their god to attempt to prevent that.
Quote:

You do have to take into account that we are located in Alabama and thus the proverbial buckle of the bible belt.
I've lived in the Bible Belt. My experience is that it is less about beliefs and more about attitude.

Quote:
Its one thing to watch fluffies run amok online, it is quite another to see someone proclaim themselves a demon god of conquest in person.
I'm not sure I see a difference.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 pm
Illiezeulette

What really irks me though is that I always get called things like "sweet girl."
I'm usually confused when people call me an old soul. I know I'm precocious, but I'm growing out of that damnit.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff