Reply Novels/Novellas
Âme Perdue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MagieRose

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:15 pm
There was a time, not so long ago, that Miss Calina was a happy young woman with the world at her feet. Everything was going so right for her, the pieces of her life seemed to be pulling together, forming an existence she had never dreamed of in her brutal teen years. That was, until the accident. It stole from her the family she depended on to keep her afloat, all of them. They were on a plane to meet her, so they could fly out to an old friend's wedding. The plane was caught in an unexpected storm, everything went haywire, and the plane careened to it's fiery end at the bottom of a lonely valley twenty minutes away from their destination. Calina picked up the bottle again right after the massive funeral, and only set it down when she slept, which was rarely. The nightmares made sleeping a terror, so she stayed up and continued to drink.

As a teenager Calina had been an alcoholic, her life had been a tempest of emotion, drugs, mental breakdowns, and death. Then, came the horrible string of romances, so wicked and painful she started seeing therapists or anyone who would prescribe her something to ease the heartache. Then, the last romance made a mark on her that would never go away, she knew the pain would always lurk there. She'd fallen in love with an army soldier, giving her heart and soul to him. Michael had his own problems, like not knowing what he really wanted, Calina, or his ex Melissa. Through all this, Calina stuck by him, believing they'd be together in the end. Her belief was solidified when she realized she was pregnant with Michael's child.

Calina did not tell him right away, namely because she didn't want him to think she was lying to keep him with her. When Michael came home on leave, he made his decision. It was not Calina. The poor young woman was devastated, and all the old pain of every failed relationship crashed down upon her. She needed someone to stay with, afraid that she might harm herself, so the very night he made his decision Calina drove out to the beach where her best friend, and Michael's friend as well, lived in a small but lovely condo next to the sand. It was so dark, and her eyes were so blurry with tears that she didn't notice the stalled car in the middle of the darkened back road that lead to Katharine's place. It's hazard lights were not working, and the poor thing was unable to get off the road.

She hit the other driver going sixty miles per hour. The other car was lucky in the sense that it was merely severely damaged and only got pushed out of the way. Calina's car hit at an awkward angle causing the car to flip, and roll eight times down the street. As the car screeched to a hault on it's back, with Calina unconcious and bleeding profusely, Michael was happy as could be, never to know he'd just lost his first child.

(I need to rest a bit, i will write more soon, either more tonight before I go otu for my birthday or tomorrow..I'm just really busy for the next couple of days)  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 am
You could turn this one entry into a lot of pages. Go into detail. Don't just give us a quick summary of this woman's life. Show us Calina happy in her daily life, interacting with her family. Then describe the night her family died in the plane crash. Don't write a biography, she was born, she lived, she died. Write a story.  

Strali

MagieRose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:34 pm
I have run into a bit of trouble. I agree with your advice, but, as it happens with me sometimes, I become enraptured with another story in the midst of one I am writing. When this happens, it makes hard to write for the story that is not currently occupying my thoughts.  
Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games