Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Kirk's crappy death.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Opinion on Kirks death
  Kirk should never have died
  If kirk had to die, it should have been a better death.
  Kirk's death was perfect.
  Couldn't care less how, when, where or why Kirk died.
View Results

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:45 pm
Ok i saw the clip from the Star Trek movie where Kirk dies, and I must say, LAME. First of all you don't kill Kirk, and if it's gotta be done, that's not the way to do it! falling to his death? Kirk? how crappy if that? he should be dying saving a friends life or saving the galaxy or something. who agrees?  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:33 pm
The alternate time-line in the new movie means that none of that EVER HAPPENED.  

MasterfulChaos

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:40 pm
see the alternate time line was just so that they could cheat and do whatever they want with the series. apparently shatner made some novels after that movie that brought kirk back.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:59 pm
yeah, I don't think it was a good idea to kill one of the greatest captains the series ever had!! I agree with you that if he should die, it should be saving a friend or something. When Spock died he did it for a worth cause.  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Shadowy-Chan

Precious Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:12 pm
He should have died fighting something epic...  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:32 am
i thik kirk should just live until he's to impossibly old to go on any longer. he's too cool to die.  

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 am
vampirelove75
i thik kirk should just live until he's to impossibly old to go on any longer. he's too cool to die.

Agreed! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:45 am
The movie where he died, was pretty much crap anyways. And with the way he was taking his public life and the direction he was going about being bitter and self serving, I was very much not interested.  

vegito61283

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 am
Really trying to figure out why Star Trek Generations is hated.... And I don't think you can have a more worthy death for Kirk than saving over 20 million lives..... I mean, that's the ultimate self sacrifice, 20 million people.....

Kirk still exists in the Nexus, despite having died. He's always going to be there, and they had talk of bringing him back.

Kirk died doing what he loved. He was an adventurer and a hero, and he died being both. He was killed by the best villain the movies gave us since "Khan". Mostly because it was Malcom McDowell, and just about NOBODY can survive an encounter with Malcom McDowell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Matt Pniewski
Really trying to figure out why Star Trek Generations is hated.... And I don't think you can have a more worthy death for Kirk than saving over 20 million lives..... I mean, that's the ultimate self sacrifice, 20 million people.....

Kirk still exists in the Nexus, despite having died. He's always going to be there, and they had talk of bringing him back.

Kirk died doing what he loved. He was an adventurer and a hero, and he died being both. He was killed by the best villain the movies gave us since "Khan". Mostly because it was Malcom McDowell, and just about NOBODY can survive an encounter with Malcom McDowell.

ok i c your point, but i mean couldn't he have gotten stabbed or something? i mean he fell off a clif, and then he got buried under rocks. just made me sad  

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

Sydony

Dapper Hunter

3,190 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 am
Matt Pniewski

It may have been a worthy death but not a fitting/believable death for kirk. Captain kirk is known for thinking out of the box and cheating a situation any way he can. As the new captain kirk said in the new movie "i dont believe in no win solutions." True in the movie they changed the way he cheated on the test. For most people that death would have been believale but for him not to even try to jump off at the last second or try something else to cheat death like he has many times suggests he was committing suicide, fell asleep or was too old and lost part of his kirkness ability to try to cheat life anytime it doesnt fit with his expectations. I am not surprised Shatner brought back his character of kirk . He probablly got tons of fan mail complaining about the unkirk like second deathin that movie and wrote a true kirk like comeback.
I saw that movie and it was not that great and with that dumb death i am not surprised that few people saw it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 am
Sydony
Matt Pniewski

It may have been a worthy death but not a fitting/believable death for kirk. Captain kirk is known for thinking out of the box and cheating a situation any way he can. As the new captain kirk said in the new movie "i dont believe in no win solutions." True in the movie they changed the way he cheated on the test. For most people that death would have been believale but for him not to even try to jump off at the last second or try something else to cheat death like he has many times suggests he was committing suicide, fell asleep or was too old and lost part of his kirkness ability to try to cheat life anytime it doesnt fit with his expectations. I am not surprised Shatner brought back his character of kirk . He probablly got tons of fan mail complaining about the unkirk like second deathin that movie and wrote a true kirk like comeback.
I saw that movie and it was not that great and with that dumb death i am not surprised that few people saw it.

Let's face it, he was cheating the no win Scenerio. Picard couldn't defeat Soran. So what did he do? Travelled back, brought help, and cheated destiny. Kirk died, but he was technically dead already.

Besides, you are acting like Kirk is Immortal. Kirk went into this full well knowing it was his last adventure. The movie is more or less about mortality anyway.....  

Matt Pniewski

Sydony

Dapper Hunter

3,190 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 am
The movie was about a bridge between the old star trek and the next generation. Nothing wrong with killing kirk. The first death was believable. There was nothing wrong with killing him second time either but with way his character was played over all the books, series and movies. I can't see him with the death scene as is not at least attempting to jump off even if he still died.While i can see what you are saying and agree with a lot of it. It just doesnt sound true to his character unless he decided it was his last adventure and he was willing to die in one last noble deed to save the future in which case he must have been in that Nexus a long time(maybe the nexus moves faster than the timeline outside nexus so he was there what seemed like many years but in the movie it didnt seem like more than a few years passed) to change his character like that where he would welcome death, rather than to defy it anyway possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:05 pm
well i agree that kirk should have died more coragiously but i could care less that he died. we all have to go sometime even in the star trek world. plus thik how akward it would be if kirk was there for a long time. it is good to have a character return before death in real life but i dont think so soon. like with scotty appearing on the next gen because of a transporter accident. loved it. as a perminent character.... nah.  

ranch_and_potatos

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff