Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mafiafairychick

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 am
what was that atrocity about?  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:10 am
A) Alternate reality, people!

and

B) Chekov wasn't supposed to be there anyway, so who cares?!

What I mean by that is if you look at TOS, Chekov wasn't there when the series premiered - he didn't come in until much later. Which is why having him be the one member of the Enterprise crew Khan meets in WOK never made any sense.  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:42 pm
i think that he's secretly there in the first season, he's just hiding.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:05 am
Couple things. First off, Chekov was in the first season when Khan was there. If you watch the show, you will see him bouncing around as a non-important person for a while. Second, for the movie, Chekov was 17 at the time and just a recruit. Remember, nno one on there save for Spock should have been there until around 5-6 years later. They were all there only because of Nero. That is all. If it were not for Nero, Kirk would have been in Star Fleet already and probably a luitenant by the time the movie took place. And dont forget, in TOS, he never met McCoy or anyone else till he got command of the Enterprise. But back to Chekov, I personally think he did a very good job at his position. He did not try to impersonate Koenig. Yelchin did what everyone was supposed to do since this is a different era for what we live in. Any comments?  

vegito61283

Elle Lyn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 am
Vegito's right. Khan remembered him, so he had to be there in the first season, even if not in his regular position yet, just not at the very beginning because he didn't know Mudd later. This doesn't change the events of the new movie, however, because Nero's appearance changed everything.

As for the actor, I though he did an excellent job. He was humorous without being cheesy and made the character believable. Did anyone else see the newest Terminator? He did another good job there, I hope to see more of him.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 pm
I loved Chekov in the new Movie. He was adorable! Wulcan. "I can do that! I can do that!" xd

Contralto in a Corset

vegito61283

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:35 pm
Elle Lyn
Vegito's right. Khan remembered him, so he had to be there in the first season, even if not in his regular position yet, just not at the very beginning because he didn't know Mudd later. This doesn't change the events of the new movie, however, because Nero's appearance changed everything.

As for the actor, I though he did an excellent job. He was humorous without being cheesy and made the character believable. Did anyone else see the newest Terminator? He did another good job there, I hope to see more of him.

I thought he did a great job in Terminator as well. If he keeps up this direction in acting, he might turn out to be a pretty decent actor in the long run. Good Job Yelchin!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 pm
i never really liked chekov the character he seemed way too irratrional and violent for a federation character. plus he stuck me as a 20 year old guy who would sleep with a 17 year old. the day before they turned legal. lol.  

ranch_and_potatos

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff