Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sooo.... what is it
  Paris
  Spain
  London
  An old lady in a wheel chair getting pwned by a bus.
View Results

the_underworks

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:09 am
Just when you though i died, I come back to you with anothor one of my notorious questions.

What was the most beautiful peice of scenery you have ever sighted?

Personally for me, it was on my way back home from 72.803735, -83.023682. Situated very near the polar ice cap, My contractor has sent me to the Baffin Islands for mineral exploration. It's not pretty there... you work 16 hours a day, days and nights are not 24 hours, its REALLY cold (coming from a guy who lives in northern quebec) and so remote, it is only accessible by helicopter. I have to admit my whole time there, there was not one day I would not rather spend in hell rather than there until the last day there. At dawn, with a sky glazed in stars, it was warm for once (60f). Then out of nowhere, an auroraborealis, I have seen them on tv and in pictures and thought they were phenomenally nice, but seeing one is not the same... its a non stop show of colors you thought never existed dancing so gracefully in a starred sky. There are simply no words that can describe the sight of one of those. I made a good amount of money the time i was there, but if my boss were to offer me an auroraborealis instead of my wage to do this all over again... I would gladly accept.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:24 am
Paris from the top of Notre Dame...no doubt....I can share pictures if anyone wants to see. Words don't really do it justice...just amazing.
picture  

Hyena_Queen

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:49 am
The Baffin Islands and the aurora borealis? Wow, you are extremely lucky! smile That sounds amazing!

I'm going to fill the rest of this post in later...too tired at the moment. xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:59 am
Probably Guano Point at the Grand Canyon. It was essentially a huge outcropping of red rocks over a sheer, several thousand foot drop, and people were allowed to climb on it. Beautiful.

ChiRubian

broken_joker

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 am
Two places I'm torn between. One is Pistyll Rhaeadr and it's surrounding area - a 240 ft waterfall in Wales. I spent a long weekend there with a few friends. I personally haven't taken any pictures of it and don't want to put up others, but go look it up.

The other is the Malvern Hills. On a clear day you can see a good 50 to 100 miles in pretty much any direction. Then again...I was born there, so I'm kinda biased about those hills.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 am
Sunsets.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

pain of lust

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 pm
vnice italy , i love liveing there so pretey at night  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:31 am
i don't travel much and all the places i've been to looked really bleak (ex: el paso is nothing but miles and miles of desert.)

but i live in a really lame neighborhood, boring and all that. one night a few years back, i looked out my window and saw the prettiest thing. it had snowed earlier that day and it was a full moon that night, so the snow was all sparkly and it made my schappy backyard all pretty, even the snowcapped mountains on the horizon (i live on a hill) were more beautiful than...well, normally they just look like a bunch of sad looking trees. i'm terrible at describing but since i've never been to anywhere beautiful, my backyard that night was probably the best scenery i've seen.
and the funny thing is, i hate snow.

Ayame_Rikimayu

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Niagara falls (where I went on my grade 8 graduation trip. A 4 hour bus ride of everyone playing mario kart on their DS's, watching movies, and paper airplane fights -- the bus ride was fun, xD)

Anyways, once at the falls..they are amazing. Perhaps the most breathtaking view ever. The water falls perfectly over these amazing cliffs, a good 200 feet of water plummeting and rippling loudly at the bottom. it's amazing.

I'm sure it would have been even a more amazing view when you go on the boat and go right by them, but the mist was so bad we all had to close our eyes -- a shame.
Later, also in niagara falls, We went over a river about 30 minutes away, in a Spanish Aero Car. When you're in a large tin-like cart structure held up by large bungee-like chords, it's pretty creepy. especially when there's a strong current about, oh, 100 feet below your feet. And it's funnier when you have a CYW who came on the trip and i terrified of heights.
But, I have to say. We went to an IMAX theatre to watch a video about the falls. While the video is interesting,IMAX theatres aren't that great. It's just more to look at. Personally I didn't care for it.

ANYWAYS... Here's a picture of the falls. Sadly I couldn't take any -- I had no camera:
http://justinsomnia.org/images/niagara-falls-horseshoe-falls.jpg
That's the horshoe falls, that is, yes, shaped somewhat like a horseshoe.
Pictures really don't give it justice. It's the size that brings it so much beauty  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games