Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
So I'm sort of just pissed off about this...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:24 pm
So long story short, my older sister and I haven't really got along since she and I were 5 and 7 respectively. It's at the point now where she and I don't even talk any more. She has the means to but she doesn't make any effort. She pretty much cut all lines of communication when she saw me in LA 4 years ago...told me she was disgusted by the way I dress and the music I listen to... A relationship of any kind takes effort from both parties and she hasn't put any effort into our relationship in a long time. So now I feel like why should I bother? And I've been feeling that way about a lot of people lately....I forgot where I was going with this.....yeah...needless to say I'm upset and it's almost my 21st birthday. =[

-edit-
I REMEMBER NOW!
so basically...she's not the best of the sister the other 364 days of the year but on my birthday she decides to act like it? she decides to show up at disneyland with the rest of the family?#)(*%&#)(%*&)$#(*^%
ugh....why even bother?  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 pm
Your sister needs to open her eyes. I'm sure you're a nice person and she is too, she just doesn't like way you want to live YOUR life.  

Official Gothic Chick

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 pm
I don't like the fact that she's a pencil pushing financial ******** face, but I don't b***h at her about....no respect.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm
short answer: beware the almighty black hole that is Disneyland, It sucks even the lowliest mortal into it's embrace with white gloved hands.....beware!

long answer: My brother and I are 2 years apart (i'm the oldest), and we havn't spoke off and on for over 5 years now. We fought like cats and dogs when we were toddlers (and constantly through most of our teen years), and after we graduated highschool we sort of both went our own ways. It doesn't stop me from like or even loving my brother (we're family after all), but It doesn't require neither he or I to be stuck up each others collective butts either. He doesn't approve of my life choices, and I couldn't give a flying flip about his. Doesn't change the fact that he's still my family.

In response to your "why bother?" inquisition? It's disneyland for one, and somewhere behind the scenes, your mother (or father) probably pulled the guilt trip strings on your sister without your knowledge for second, but i'm leaning towards the "it's Disneyland!" influence on your sisters appearance.  

Keevan Draco

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff